Nirvana Aurora Indica Grow Hempy Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for shareing...plants are looking good..and have you picked a place to flower in yet. I am experimenting with a SCOG made outta a milk crate:rofl: your dog kennel had me thinking. those hemppy buckets are pretty light ...yes? can you secure the buckets to the kennel? and place in a larger room and make a scrog?..lol..I dont I am haveing a blast growing in diffrent thigs and in diffrent ways..oh and i am high as HELL :giggle: Thanks again and KEEP M GREEN

The hydroton with a hempy bucket is a great idea! The hydroton will wick water up from the reservoir and keep the clay pellets moist all the way to the top.

(Sorry, it just occurred to me how well this will probably work. :D)

If you think about it..there is no way you can over water that...the rootballs from this will be GNARLY and your yeilds exceptional! You may need to lower your drain a bit, I say this only because 1" from the bottom will usually do the trick, but if it works this way, :headbang2:

I'll give ya 50 good Marine Corps push-ups if I'm wrong ;)

If you have been following along then you know 1 of the 4 beginning AI seeds didn't germinate properly. So I started a new one and in post #24 I mentioned the new AI seed was also looking strange. Well I decided it wasn't going to make it either. It sprouted up, but the cotyledons never formed- weird.

So 2 bad seeds in the pack

Anyways, I don't want to waste another AI seed. I have 5 left I want to save for later- but I did decide to germ 1 of the AK48 seeds. So this grow will also include 1 AK48.

---

Grow 114.jpg

Grow 117.jpg

GrowinGreen said:
Although I'm sure 1" would work I have always used 2" with success and the actual hempy himself suggested 2", fyi

That's awesome, man! I'll put the res higher on my next grow :D

There are a lot of myths about what works and doesn't with a Hempy bucket, it really works great with any medium, though. I use internal res (Hempy) buckets with soil and it performs almost as well as most other mediums!

I'm sittin in on this one fer sure, GG! :)

I decided to re-potted the 3 AI seedlings to compensate for the stretch that occurred. It was a chore to do. I had to be real careful with the hydroton, much easier to do with perlite. I also added a fan to the closet to thicken up the stems.

---

Grow 106.jpg

Grow 107.jpg

Grow 111.jpg

looking good man
im going to try this.
first im going to try the vermiculite and perlite mix
so after i cleaned my bucket and drill the hole 2'' from the bottom,
i just fill the bucket with the mix and plant and feed?

its good you type that much, gives more info lol.
no i dont feed my plants anything but water for bout 2 weeks
and ill probably be starting seeds. i usually just go the paper towel and zip lock bag method. then plant the seed in the soil.
same thing with the perlite vermiculite mix?

and should i transplant to bigger buckets as it grows
or just start it in a big bucket

Hey GG!!! Good thread hope you can tell us about the THI Skunk got some too! From reading here I think we all do!:D Let us know how the smoke and high is. Keep up yhe good camera work You Da Man On Da Kodak! BTW With my 4 legged kids (5) the cage would be the only way to keep my grow safe(LOL) Great idea will make a note on that!!

Hey GG,,,nice looking grow,,,still in research stage,,,but very interested to see how short and bushy your AI gets,,,,looking for something similar for my room....thanks for the good info!

growing green looking good
i know nothing about hydro yet.. sorry.

mind helping me out brother?
i got vermiculite and perlite. i have a bunch of different buckets.
got seeds, so do i need hydroponic nutrients?
and is it just a mix of vermiculite and perlite? its enough?
do i just germ the seed and plant it like in soil?
must take forever for the roots to get down there. do i start with a big bucket?
sorry i have alot of questions..

thanks alot man
really really sorry i dont mean to hijack your thread here,
pm if you want to,
but where do i get the rockwool cubes? hydro store?
and how does it grow its roots in the cubes?

i got some blueberry im going to try with this method.
thanks for all the help, well appreciated
cant wait to see how yours will turn out

last question
i read that,
so you start the seeds in the small rockwool cubes then when they get a bit bigger you transplant em?
is it hard to transplant them?
haha its confusing to me

Yeah Don- transplanting isn't hard- you just have to be careful not to damage the roots. This is what I do... I have a gatorade bottle with the top and bottom cut off. I place this in the middle of the bucket in the medium- so you have that round area with no medium and it blocks anything from falling into the hole you just made. Then hold the plant in the rockwool cube where you want it and slowly pull the gatorade bottle out over the plant. The hydroton will fall into place around the rockwool. Ta da.

---

Grow 052.jpg

Grow 054.jpg

Grow 055.jpg

alright that makes sense.
ill have to do it myself.
although i wont be using the same medium as you.
i should still do this pretty much the same right?
if so, itll prolly be easier then using hydroton.
i have to wait till my grow room is clear before i can even touch any of my 10 BB beans.
thanks alot for the help man happy growing.
TDOC

Howdy GG! Nice looking grow you got. About your idea with the gatorade bottle. I like it! Do you leave it in there, or lift it out once you get the hydroton in place? Seems like you could just slide it right off the start, unless the leaves are huge. But, I doubt that. What a strain that would make, huh?

Thanks benny! Nope- I don't leave the bottle in there. After I have the plant situated where I want it and all covered I slowly pull the bottle out. I have never had problems removing it because of the leaves being too big, but that would be a nice problem to have!

:holysheep: :eek: Bummer G.G. 3 of the 4 were males. still waiting on the 4th (shes) in dirt..

can you lowrider grow theses AI's?

looking good man,
ive just germed 3 ak48's from nervana too!
i have some pics on my G.J

Latest posts

Back