Nirvana Aurora Indica Grow Hempy Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey SPEARCHUCKER thanks for stopping by! I think you should definitely get some AI beans- you won't be disappointed. I really don't know too much about the actual AI genetic history- basically just what you have posted and that makes since to me. I know BuddyLuv and Leafminer have grown AI before- so they might have some more input. I've never grown NL- so I really couldn't make a comparison. You bring up a very interesting point though!

Alright well I don't have a camera right now since mine broke, but I just wanted to give a little update.

Today the AK48 has been in flower for 40 days and is really starting to pack on the weight. People say it can finish in 48 days, but I highly doubt that. I am going to let it go for at least 8 weeks. I think this is definitely going to be my favorite smoke. It has a very, very sweet cherry like smell and is COVERED in trichomes. I think there are trichomes on top of other trichomes. And the buds are extremely dense. Just a nice plant to look at.

The Aurora Indica has been in flower for 59 days now and is still gaining weight. It did get pretty bad nutrient burn but it should be okay I flushed right away for a couple days. I should have listened to skallie when he told me above (my bad)! My plan is to give the AI one more week of nutrients and than flush for another week, but I don't see any amber trichomes yet. This AI has a really nice smell too and all the nugs are getting real big. I'm excited to see what my yield is going to be.

Well pretty boring without pictures, I'll try to get some sometime this week.

Hey thanks nikimadritista- yeah not too long left but it still seems like forever.

Today I cut the nug that got smashed in the closet door. At day 61 all the trichomes are still mostly clear so I still got a little time. The nug is hanging to dry right now and I'll probably put it in a paper bag tomorrow. I can't wait to give it a taste. It weighed 4.5 grams so I'll be curious to see the dry weight. They are pretty dense nugs. And I'm working on getting a new camera

Hey GG, when did your AI's start to show there buds forming? im at 4 weeks and there doing nothing but stretching still I havent been in there in a few days was at the beach for the weekend so Ill take pics tonight see what you think. ck my journal!

Criz

GrowinGreen said:
Hey thanks nikimadritista- yeah not too long left but it still seems like forever.

Today I cut the nug that got smashed in the closet door. At day 61 all the trichomes are still mostly clear so I still got a little time. The nug is hanging to dry right now and I'll probably put it in a paper bag tomorrow. I can't wait to give it a taste. It weighed 4.5 grams so I'll be curious to see the dry weight. They are pretty dense nugs. And I'm working on getting a new camera

I think I read somewhere you lose 75% of weight when dried and cured...you shld wind up with around a gram to 1.2 grams when dry for that nug...

crizzo357 said:
Hey GG, when did your AI's start to show there buds forming? im at 4 weeks and there doing nothing but stretching still I havent been in there in a few days was at the beach for the weekend so Ill take pics tonight see what you think. ck my journal!
Hey crizzo- it's funny you mention it taking forever to bud. I have 2 different AI phenos and the one in most these pictures started budding real fast- within the first 2 weeks. But the other AI I have takes forever to start budding. I have one I put in flower like 3 weeks ago and it is barely doing anything. Yeah post some pics and I'll take a look.

Hamster Lewis said:
I think I read somewhere you lose 75% of weight when dried and cured...you shld wind up with around a gram to 1.2 grams when dry for that nug...
Yeah I've read that too- I just wish it weren't true haha. It's pretty sad to think about, but whatever.

GrowinGreen said:
Yeah I've read that too- I just wish it weren't true haha. It's pretty sad to think about, but whatever.

Yeah...tell me about it... I had 500grams of wet White Dwarf when I harvested...it broke my heart when I weighed it up after drying...:D
Now I am down to my last 2.5 grams of it... i gotta smoke my Bonus seed girl more often now and save that for special occasions... I hope my Snowryders and Russian Rocket Fuel hurry up and finish.:)

I can't wait to see the latest pics Growin'. Yeah! I have to buy some more seed probably. Dang, I wish I lived somewhere that didn't get so hellish hot. Don't forget to give us a smoke report when they're cured! :hubba:

Hey crizzo- it's funny you mention it taking forever to bud. I have 2 different AI phenos and the one in most these pictures started budding real fast- within the first 2 weeks. But the other AI I have takes forever to start budding. I have one I put in flower like 3 weeks ago and it is barely doing anything. Yeah post some pics and I'll take a look.

Thanks GG now im not so worried Ill have those pics up this weekend.......a small fan fell on my Fem super skunk so that ones dead.....my thai ss 1 of them has buds all over it and filling in nicely. the other thai ss is lacking behind but thats lack of light because i wasnt ready for these things to grow like crazy so lesson learned!

Criz

So the AI is 65 days into flower, that is 9 weeks and 2 days...

And I still don't see a single amber trichome. It did get nutrient burn pretty bad a couple weeks ago but I flushed and only gave it water for a while and I noticed new green growth.

Could the nutrient burn have slowed this process?

I want to wait for some amber trich, but I'm thinking about cutting it down soon.

Are they at least all cloudy GG? I know what it is like to wait and wait for the amber trichs...you start to second guess if you did something wrong and they will never turn amber...

Hey HL- yeah they are definitely almost all cloudy. I actually went to radio shack today and bought another pocket microscope to add to my collection haha. I have a hell of a time using them for some reason. But I checked the trichomes today and did notice more amber ones.

I actually started flushing yesterday and plan on harvesting in 5-6 days. I also "cleaved" the AI today! So we will see what that does. I learned of this so called "cleaving" from nonames journal which you can find here:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41424&page=2

ArtVandolay said:
Hey, GG, your plants are looking great :).

Couple of things - I rigged up a hempy bucket so it doesn't run off - I installed a 3/8 plastic elbow with a hose barb on it at the bottom of the bucket. Then I stuck a short piece of 3/8 clear plastic hose on the hose barb. No big deal but I can see the water level in the res by looking at it in the plastic hose. I just wonder if some amount of actual runoff is needed = is some flushing going on with the runoff that is necessary?

More importantly - the only thing wrong with these hempy buckets is the daily required watering (you probably knew that :):)). I mean I don't mind watering at all when I'm home but what if you were away from home even once for a day (or more)? Is there ANY way to rig up something that would water the buckets automatically for a few days?

Just a thought ? here..I use a modified version of the hempy buckets ( actually MassP's) and I use "black gold" which has worm castings already in it. By following MassP's design and adding in the Potting soil w / coco coir. I can water evry three days or so which allows me to wander off...

And your version of a "fill tube" to show resvoir level is "SHARP"... good one.
PS why no PMs :confused:
cause you didnt hit the "send" button ? idk...lol

Alright so here is the AK48 at day 51 of flower. This pheno is definitely a keeper so I'm glad I have a mother plant.

The buds are very resinous and still have a very sweet smell to them. The calyx are really swelling up and the buds are extremely dense.

Trichomes are almost all cloudy and starting to turn amber

---

WW 040.jpg

WW 038.jpg

WW 025.jpg

Hey love the way that you are using hempy with hydroton. Few questions, do you use Ca/Mg to your buckets, since I heard that its critical to hempy. Did you ever use the original hempy method or 100% perlite and how did that compare? Also excuse me if this was answered in the previous post, to busy looking at the buds, how big are the containers and how far up is the hole. I am looking at starting my first grow once I move and I wanted to do hempy but did not like the idea of perlite. To much dust and not as easy to clean. Can not wait see the rest.

Thanks for taking a look dontexist!

I have never used Cal/Mag before and have really never had any problems with deficiencies either, but it probably wouldn't hurt to have some handy. I am using the 3 part flora series with koolbloom.

The first time I tried the hempy buckets I used 100% perlite which worked well, but that stuff was a mess and not reusable at all. It was also very light and didn't hold the plant well once it got taller and heavier. The hydroton works very well- I have no complaints so far.

I am using 2 gallon contains that I got from Ace Hardware for like $1 in the gardening section, and the hole is 2 inches from the bottom. If you are going to try the hempy buckets I suggest using hydroton- you won't be disappointed!

Another question, you say that you water every other day once the roots hit the res, is it possible to water every third day, or does the hydroton dry out.

Latest posts

Back