Nirvana Aurora Indica Grow Hempy Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your Auroras. Looking absolutely great. Sounds very typical, esp. the smell. You are going to find that when cured properly the bud is dense, and has a spicy aroma with a lot of cinammon in it. And it will knock you flat! Try to let one of them go 50% amber, you'll like it.

So the oldest AI has been in flower for 43 days (6 weeks, 1 day) now.

Nirvana says she finishes in 7/9 weeks- so getting close to that time. I might take her all the way to 9 weeks. Everything is looking good. I just hope she packs on a lot more weight in these last couple weeks. She definitely is loading up the trichomes- getting real frosty. The smell is also starting to get a lot stronger.

Oh and the other day I raised the light a little and the cola already started to grow up a little which is sweet. So the cola is continuing to grow tall.

:guitar:

---

hhAI 033.jpg

hhAI 002.jpg

hhAI 009.jpg

hhAI 015.jpg

hhAI 018.jpg

nice plants growingreen but lower the nutrient strength as the leaf tips are showing signs of nute burn.

take no notice what the seed breeder label states cos its all pure ** they say this to make ya buy their fast finishing seeds just go by the look of the buds and trics if thats your thing.

they look like they could easily go another 3-4 weeks imho

worth the extra weeks harvest wise and bud quality.

ive only recently after 10+ years of growing bitten the bullet and allowed my plants to grow out to maturity instead of chopping when the buds felt hard and believe me its well worth the wait growin.

skallie

The ladies are looking fantastic. Great work so far. Keep the pics coming and keep us posted on those. Take care and be safe.

skallie said:
nice plants growingreen but lower the nutrient strength as the leaf tips are showing signs of nute burn.

take no notice what the seed breeder label states cos its all pure ** they say this to make ya buy their fast finishing seeds just go by the look of the buds and trics if thats your thing.

they look like they could easily go another 3-4 weeks imho

worth the extra weeks harvest wise and bud quality.

ive only recently after 10+ years of growing bitten the bullet and allowed my plants to grow out to maturity instead of chopping when the buds felt hard and believe me its well worth the wait growin.

skallie

hey skallie thanks for stopping by- that nute burn you are seeing is actually heat stress that occurred earlier in the grow and has just stayed. I have found a "happy spot" with the nutes that they seem to like.

And yeah I just use what the breeder says as a guideline. I'm always checking the trichomes and they are still mostly clear with a few cloudy- so I still have a few weeks to go, 3 to 4 more weeks would be nice!

if you dont mind me asking you a few question on using hydroton in hempy bucket. im about to start trying out hydroton in hempy because it can be reuse for along time n i read through your whole thread trying to see what kind of idea i could get from your grow on how you are feeding from clone to finish. you said you water a few time a day at start n every other day when root hit rez. do you feed every watering or feed ph water feed? what ppm or you feeding at through all stages? just trying to get an idea to what i need to do n look out for thank you.

joefraser said:
you said you water a few time a day at start n every other day when root hit rez. do you feed every watering or feed ph water feed? what ppm or you feeding at through all stages? just trying to get an idea to what i need to do n look out for thank you.

hey joefraser- yeah I would definitely suggest using hydroton with the hempy buckets. It's good stuff. When the clone or seedling roots haven't reached the res I water a couple times everyday until they do, basically just so they don't dry out. I also water with a nutrient solution every time, strength depending on what they can handle- start low.

When the clone or seedling roots have reached the res I water either once a day or once every other day- depending on how much they are taking up.
And I still water with a nutrient solution every time. No need to flush with the hempy buckets unless you are having nute/salt problems really.

The plants I have in flower I have been watering everyday because they have been drinking the nutrient solution everyday. Hope this helps.

hey gg,
i got a big bag of this stuff called ultimate indica.
i cant find too much info on it, but boy does it hit you hard
dont know if its similar at all too AI. its UI i guess lol
i also go a fat sack of great white shark, and this stuff is
white. its coated. anyways im just blazed thought id stop in

Hope my AI's look that good in a few weeks. mine are just starting to show some bud forming. keep it up GG.

Criz

Hey, GG, your plants are looking great :).

Couple of things - I rigged up a hempy bucket so it doesn't run off - I installed a 3/8 plastic elbow with a hose barb on it at the bottom of the bucket. Then I stuck a short piece of 3/8 clear plastic hose on the hose barb. No big deal but I can see the water level in the res by looking at it in the plastic hose. I just wonder if some amount of actual runoff is needed = is some flushing going on with the runoff that is necessary?

More importantly - the only thing wrong with these hempy buckets is the daily required watering (you probably knew that :):)). I mean I don't mind watering at all when I'm home but what if you were away from home even once for a day (or more)? Is there ANY way to rig up something that would water the buckets automatically for a few days?

PS why no PMs :confused:

Hey Art- I was on vacation (banned) for a little while :hubba: DON'T ERASE YOUR THREADS! :laugh: So I didn't get any of your PMs, and still didn't- resend them if you want.

Anyway- sounds like a nice fix for the runoff you have there. The only thing I have heard people say is the runoff is useful to mix up the nutrient solution in the reservoir and it helps provide oxygen to the roots. But I bet it would work just fine.

And about the automatic feeding, I have thought about this too. I would probably just get a pump and an attachment to hook multiple tubes up too. Put the pump in some sort of reservoir (rubbermaid container) and just have it pump nutrients to each bucket for like 5 minutes or so each day. You would have to put enough nutrients in the additional reservoir though for however long you will be gone.

Hey GG...glad to see you are back.... I was hoping the banned thing was not for good...

kalikisu said:
cant wait to see the little ones.

This is a holy time! The creation of new life is at hand.
You GO, man. Hempy RULES!
I have a dozen AK 47 about a week old, just got their first6 real leaves.
HOOOBOY!

Lass

hey gg, i was wondering where you had gotten too!
your babys are lookin sweet man!

Hamster- thanks for the welcome back.
Lass- do you have a journal going at all? I'd like to see how it's going.
Swift- yeah just a little vacation haha and thanks!

I went on a long hike the other day and dropped my camera and it broke. So that sucks. I'll try to get some pictures up somehow.

hey Don- :ciao: thanks

Well I obviously wasn't very careful last night when I closed the closet door for lights off. I went to open the closet door today for some airflow and noticed I closed one of the big nugs in the door last night :doh: it's as flat as a pancake. Hope this doesn't stunt any growth.

Looking amazing GG. Think you have sold me on getting a few of these to try.

I was wondering about the genetics a little bit though.
It says NL x Afgan from what Ive read.
Now I believe I saw when developing their NL they had to use a Skunk and Haze to help. So this NL of Nirvana is like 80-90% Indica.
Since NL was mainly a Afgan Indica to begin with. Wouldnt adding this Afgan just take it to being a more truer version of NL?

From your shots, it defiantly looks more like NL did 20 years ago when I had a few going, than it does almost any other strain of NL Ive seen now.

Latest posts

Back