Nitrogen during flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumazaj

Reaction score
Last time I grew, my 2 plants suffered from leaves yellowing at bottom leaves, during flowering. From what I was told in this forum, leaves yellowing is normal during flowering. But when harvesting time came close, leaves started yellowing very fast. within a week, all leaves on the plant went completely yellow and started falling. I gave them Nitrogen, but it was too late.

Now I'm growing 3 feminized plants, at day 13 flowering. All plants got couple of small yellow leaves at the bottom. I don't want them to experience what happened with the last plants.

Should I give them some Nitro now? suggestions would be appreciated.

I typically give veg nutes for about 2 weeks into flower then switch to bloom ferts. The first big stretch uses up the "N". I still get yellowing at the end...which to me is a good sign, means that there won't be too much "N" build-up.
@ 13 days. I'd give it one final dose of "N" and that should see it through.
My bloom fert contains a very small amount of "N" which carries me through until the flush 2 weeks prior to harvest. ;)

BTW my very bottom set of leaves always yellow and die...not much light gets down there after the first stretch.

yeh mutts right give them nitrogen enriched grow for 1 couple of weeks- i dont personally but most do.

anyway give them a mix of say 2/3 rds grow and 1/rd bloom and ya should be ok.

having said this once plants are put onto 12/12 and are a decent size they actually store nitrogen for later on in their life whereby they may need to draw on it if they are suffereing a deficency of nitrogen

pkj

Latest posts

Back