NorCalHal's OG Kush grow..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O i bet... And thanks bro. I love the even canopy's, got to love clones right!.. Whats your method on cloning?

Timmyjg6 said:
O i bet... And thanks bro. I love the even canopy's, got to love clones right!.. Whats your method on cloning?

I use 1x1 rockwool cubes for cloning. I am fortunate in having some great moms. I will take a flat (72) and out of those I will pick the best 40, then eliminate 4-5 more after vegging a week or so, giving me the best of the best. Genetics is everything.

This particular strain grew short and stayed short thruout flowering.

Nice, thats the one thing i have yet to really attempt is cloning.. But i really want to learn.. Whats your process? just humidity dome and a little rooting hormone? thnx bro

Niiiice looking plants norcal, but i have a question for you, does your ebb n flow system flood the water all the way up to the top? cuz i got got a ebb n flow system as well using 5" rockwool, and everytime the pump turns on the it only floods about the 1/4 instead of all thge way up to the top and it just doesnt seem my roots are getting the hydration and nutrients because of that. My friend says" It's ok, cuz it will reach for the water and soon the roots will be on the bottom." yea.................... anywayz should i just geta stronger pump and for the lights, would i need to get an inline fan to vent the ligh fixture cuz currently i have a portable ac that is cooling my room which was at 90 degrees and it dropped it down to 80 degrees and need it a lil cooler. Yea sorry for the questions but this is my first time growing and am very curious.

Just make sure your water reaches your rockwool, thin your rockwool will just suck it up like a sponge...

Yea the water prolly reaches about 2 inches from the bottom of the rockwool, i will get some more pics up in my grow journal tonight

Awesome thread Norcal. I havnt nearly as much experience as you do but Im growing Kush too. Hopefully it comes out as sweet as yours. Also hoping for a good mom.

Really nice grow dude I'm from southern Cali and am doing a og kush grow I'm in my fifth 7th day of flowering and am using 2 1000 watt HPS in watercooled reflectors Kush is by far the best smoke I love it...I'm sure your;s will smell like a skunk is living with you..LOL

Very nice Grow my friend...How about a smoke report...and yield...this was a great read thanks

Beautiful buds:)! I hope my OG cross looks half as good.

Sorry guys, I have been AFK this summer. LEO has been lurkin' and I had to shut down and "clean-up" for my own piece of mind. Some close friends went down and you can never trust what info LEO can pull from scared folks. All is well now, and better safe then sorry.

In my fit of parinoia, I deleted all my pics :(

Everything with the grow in this thread went GREAT! 86 zips of bomb kush.
Still have a few jars left, so I will take some new pics.

I have been getting into some new strains (new to me) and have been veggin' like crazy all summer. See, here in Cali where I live, we have had 95 degree + temps all summer, so I took a couple of months off. As we get closer to the cooler months, I am ready to rock and roll.
I started some Mazar from DP and got 5 Females out of it. I also started Mr. Nices "****" and Skywalker , also from DP. I have a great stroy about Skywalker from the opld days I will tell u all sometime.

Of course, I still have the OG Kush.

I will go take some pics of the Veg.

OK, Here are some new pics.

Theses first 2 are of the finished herbfrom the OG Kush grow. It has been curing in jars for awhile now and it is just awesome.

IMG_1365 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1371 (1024x768).jpg
The next pic is of some Skywalker from DP and ****, from Mr. Nice. These are seedlings that I still need to sex. They are getting there. They are under a 4 bulb T5 running 18/6.
IMG_1359 (1024x768).jpg

The next 3 pics are some moms. The bigger ones in the back are 4 Mazar moms from DP that I started from seed. I am getting ready to run it for the first time in the coming weeks.
The 4 moms in the front are OG Kush. You can tell them apart from the huge leaves on the OG. These moms are under an eight lite T5 and also runs 18/6.
IMG_1360 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_1362 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_1363 (1024x768).jpg

The last pic is some cutting I have going. They are mostly OG with one tray of Mazar.
IMG_1364 (1024x768).jpg

Fine looking setup you have. You can slide one of those trays this way if you wanna:D.

Holy ****. I bow to you, Brother. I have been MIA myself for some time. I commend you on your accomplishment. I grow very small. Flouro all the way. Have to be VERY careful in other states.......

I hear ya Capt.

I have been meaning to get some new pics going. I am growing Mazar right now from DP. It is 1 week into flower today.

I also have a good buddy I am helping out and we did Kush at his pad. It is coming down in about 2 weeks, UNBELIEVABLE. I will for sure take some pics of that.

All Summer I have been germinating some new strains. So far I have fems of the Mazar, OG Kush, Mr. Nice, L.A. Con, Jack Herer (we call it J1 due to the MANY crosses of Jack here ),Spicey Jack(J1 x Shinti Spice), Purple Erkle and Skywalker.

That darn Kush is just a winner, even tho it is a lighter producer. The Mazar is looking GREAT! Very Healthy and just starting to flower.

Hay bro, nice to see some moor of your pics... They are fantastic looking. If you need an assistant my resume is first in line... Good Luck bro!

OK, here are some new pics from today. This is Mazar 7 days into 12/12.
These are clones taken from a mother I made from seed stock. So far so good.

Very "bushy" plant. A buddy came by and I let him take a ton of clones off of the bottoms, but I still need to go in and trim alot more off. I usually wait until around 12-14 days to really clean up the bottoms. I like to let them finish thier "stretch" before I hack on em.
I'll tell you what tho, this plant stinks bad. Very distinct smell.

It is finally cooling down where I am at in Cali, so temps should be great until May or so of next year. Fall/Winter is the best time for indoor growers in hotter parts of Cali. The room runs at about 80-82 degrees with the lights on right now, and dropping to around 70-72 with lights off. Great temp swing right now. I redid my lights and changed the way I cool them.
I have a Can 6" pulling air from the room thru the lights, exhausting up in the attic. The last lite is ducted to a small carbon filter to kill the exhaust smell. It really help "boost" the passive air intake.

I am using the same method I usally do, drip thru rockwool. And no, no plant killing algea or fungus gnats.

I am REALLY looking forward to this grow, as I have not started with seeds in MANY years. I am fortunate in who I know and what clone stock is available to me. :)

But honestly, after getting back into the internet scene a little bit here, I was remotivated to start some "new" strains not run here in a long time, or at all. Definatly, MJPassion gave me the Passion back :) It is really motivating reading the threads here and seeing allmost all of you folks doing your grows with pretty much seed stock only. I don't really post too much, but I do read everything.

So a BIG thanks goes out to the MJPassion Forums on this grow, This Mazar is for You!

Latest posts

Back