Nutrients?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIR CHINK

Reaction score
Hey fellas got a question, when your in flowering stage does it really matter what "brand of nutrients" you use? As for ex: if im using FloraBloom Fertilizer 16 oz; will its not flower out as much as it would if I used other expensive branded types? or does it not matter? :confused:

Hey man, there's loads growers out there using all different kinds of brands and getting great results. Paying lots of money does not guarantee a better product.

I bough a bottle of organice tomato food from the discount store for about €3 and am giving it to one plant as an experiment. It's doing just as good as those grown with expensive nutes, geared especially towards growers. The same size bottle of Biobizz costs €12 ... plus the cheapo stuff has lots of trace minerals added too.

I am really starting to wonder.

Runbyhemp that is a nasty looking Avatar..lol..and IMO..as long as you are you veg nutes for veg and flower nutes for flower..and fallow the directions on Lable..you will be fine..I use Fox farm and to me are not that expensive ..but for some one on a tighter budget I say go with what you can afford...Now get to growing that marijuana okay and KEEP M GREEN

i use 3-part flora fertilizer's you use all 3 in different ratio's as the plant grows
its good ferts:hubba: and all the bottles have charts so its simple to mix up. you should be cool but you should get the floragrow and floramicro so you can mix it the way it should be you need the floramicro threw the whole grow and you have to mix it in the water before the grow and bloom or it can get nute locked if you read the directions it tells you:cool: are you getting your nutes off a web site or do you go to wormsway;):D
im just now getting into using BioBizz nutes they seem good to

I can't find all these exotic nutes where I live, I just use MG (15-30-15) and get good results, my outdoor sativas go to 3m (in 5 gallon buckets), and my tomatoes like it too. That's not to say I wouldn't use more targeted nutes if I could get em.

leafminer said:
I can't find all these exotic nutes where I live, I just use MG (15-30-15) and get good results, my outdoor sativas go to 3m (in 5 gallon buckets), and my tomatoes like it too. That's not to say I wouldn't use more targeted nutes if I could get em.
why not just order some from the net :hubba:

Runbyhemp said:
Hey man, there's loads growers out there using all different kinds of brands and getting great results. Paying lots of money does not guarantee a better product.

I bough a bottle of organice tomato food from the discount store for about €3 and am giving it to one plant as an experiment. It's doing just as good as those grown with expensive nutes, geared especially towards growers. The same size bottle of Biobizz costs €12 ... plus the cheapo stuff has lots of trace minerals added too.

I am really starting to wonder.
You're right on track, Runbyhemp! I use the 3 part Flora from General Hydroponics because it's so totally adjustable. By having the three basic parts of the total spectrum separated, I can put a little more or less of each to make the nutes as precise for a particular strain as needed. Knowing what each part of the spectrum of nutrients does for a plant is what is important. By knowing this, and using the three part mix, I can make everything perfect for whatever I'm growing. It works for vegetables as well.

All the really fancy additives do is make the person selling them rich. If you do a side by side grow and use every possible additive in one and just the Flora series in the other, the difference in total cured weed might be 5% increase for a bunch of money.

I suggest the Flora series for anyone who grows pot. It's easy, it's not very expensive per/gallon of mix and has everything a plant of any kind needs. All you have to do is adjust it's strength for the particular plant you're growing.

Okay lemme say this....everyone has thier opinions....

The simple fact is that if you give your plant all the major and micro nutrients it needs it doesnt matter what name is on the bottle....

You could use whatever you want IMO as long as you are covering all the nutrients.....in the right measurements of course, That is why you pay extra for the exotic stuff, they have perfected the measurements to provide a balanced solution,,,,But you could achive the same for yourself with some experimentation and trial and error....

Organics are a good choice, you could make a tea and adjust the ingredients accordingly....

Hope this helps.....keep it green!

New_2_Chronic said:
Okay lemme say this....everyone has thier opinions....

The simple fact is that if you give your plant all the major and micro nutrients it needs it doesnt matter what name is on the bottle....

Organics are a good choice, you could make a tea and adjust the ingredients accordingly....

Hope this helps.....keep it green!
like New2C said organics are good to if you how a plants uses nutes then you can make organic mixes and feed only water with a weekly to bi- weekly shot of tea.
im using an organic mix currently past few grows ive been getting into it so my DWC and waterfarms have been collecting dust except when im cloning then i got a small DWC system i made.
for veg i use pro-mix with Worm castins, high N Bat and Sea Bird Guano's, lime. with tea when needed. when i flower i make the same mix but swap the high N Guano's for high P-K Guano's to transplant into for flower.
i tried the first organic grow without teas just plain water and the mix got them all the way thru with great sucsses. the teas do give them a boost but the rite mix wont need it IMO

Iv always used Advanced Nutrients and always have awsome results. Very easy to use!

Although there is no steering away from the fact that brands like bio-bizz farms of Holland's rolling hillside (I'm reading the label on the side) have been growing marijuana and experimenting with different organic food supplements for generations.

I do know that they have some more micro nutrients and other nutrients. But I also think that their N-P-K ratio is more well geared towards cannabis. Plus, if you buy tons of different brands, you will get more accurate N-P-K ratios to what you want that feeding.

Honestly, I like to just grow the way subcool grows. 7 gal pots with his super soil. Its layered with tons of different organic foods like bat guano, earth worm castings, tons of stuff. And it's layered accordingly to where the roots would be at that area. I would feed only plain water the whole life cycle and only feed if it looks like it's super hungry.

Some strains I have experimented like my autumn fall eats a ton! so you may need to add a little bio grow in veg and some bio bloom early in flower. It has tons of molasses to feed your soil's beneficial micro organisms.

leafminer said:
It would cost me a fortune to have them delivered . . . :cool:
you should consider starting a compost pile, and a worm bin. to get some nice organic nutes to mix in the soil and make teas with. also burn some wood and collect the wood ash. Ash is also a good source of potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium. In terms of commercial fertilizer, average wood ash would be about 0-1-3 (N-P-K). ...

Pothead420 said:
you should consider starting a compost pile, and a worm bin...
I had a worm bin, but I haven't seen her since the prom. Damn girl smelled like compost too. Corn would pick up when she walked by it. She grew the biggest taters I've ever seen, but they smelled like sweat after being under her arms for so long before picking. The girl was so nasty, buzzards used to run away from her and puke. hehe

Latest posts

Back