Nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr8trn

Reaction score
What are the best nutrients to use for starting plants, I am a really green rookie grower, and could really use some help here, any and all help will be appreciated. Also for your information, I live in South America, Chile to be exact, so what actual "nutes" are needed and what quantities and how often, I have 7 plants that have already sprouted.

If you using soil, get the best soil you can afford that is made for growing marijuana.

Like Rosebud said, starting with good soil is very important--it is where the roots live. Most native soils are not good enough without adding a lot of amendments. I do not know what you have available in Chile as far as commercial soils and/or nutrients--have you looked around?

First through you need to decide if you want to grow organically or use synthetic nutrients. The advantages of organic is that you do not have to be concerned with pH (unless it is way way out of whack), you can make teas out of a lot of different things, and there are a great many good organic soil recipes here--you can surely find one that you can get all the ingredients for. Organic is organic though--just like you cannot be kinda pregnant, you cannot be kinda organic. Synthetic nutrients can kill the microbes that are necessary to a good healthy organic soil.

Why don't you give us an idea of what you want and expect from your grow, how large you want it to be and what you have available where you live. Rosebud is great with organics, should you decide to go that way.

You do not want soil that says is feed the plant for x number of months or anything that says it has moisture crystals in it to keep the plants moister. There is an exception--some organic soils will feed the plant for several months, but as they are organic soil, this is different than for non-organic soils. Also, new plants do not need any nutrients at all at first. Feeding them when they are too young can kill them. Most people start giving nutrients at 2-3 weeks, unless you are using an organic soil meant to feed the plants (the soil feeds the plants, not added nutrients).

There is a lot to learn with this hobby and the more you know, the greater chance you have of a successful grow.

I am basically using the same soil that my first plant that was started by god and gave me a little over 6 ounces, you can see the pictures of my earlier and first ever plant, I have looked for nutrients over here at our home center which is basically a Home depot, all I find there are the crystal nutrients and liquids, I started the ones I have now, I planted 7 seeds and all 7 have sprouted, 3 are about 1 1/2 inches tall now and the others have just broken ground, so far they look really healthy, but the container I started them in is not going to be anything close to the size I will need, the first 3 that are already 1 1/2 inches tall I am giving them to my bro in law, any tips on re potting them, like what would be the best commercial soil to transplant into, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Fox farm ocean forest:[ame]http://www.amazon.com/FoxFarm-FX14053-12-Quart-Organic-Potting/dp/B001I49Q98/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1432136341&sr=1-3&keywords=fox+farm[/ame]

Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone, i have been under the weather and in the hospital, but am back out and doing better, the starts that I had going to give to my bro in law died since he didn't know how to take care of them, even with specific instructions, so I will probably hold off until I can get a place set up to do them indoors since we are into fall here and it's getting cold, I can't very well grow any outdoors when the temps get into the 30s and 40s at night and only up to the 60s and low 70s during the day.

Green mojo to you all, and again many thanks!!!

Sorry you were sick Fr8trn. Glad you are better. there is always next year...stay well.

Yeah no worries,,im sure God will fix you up again,,,if hes not to busy with Football....Lol

i'm sorry they died. some people just cant keep a plant alive, i have seen that. good luck on your indoor setup :aok:

Latest posts

Back