Old Fo Freak Show Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you went from 24/7 to 13 hours of daylight, they are going to start flowering.
I made that mistake with clones. I was taking cuttings from a plant in 24/7, and sticking them in an upstairs window where I had my clone rig set up.
The clones tried to flower, which made them nearly impossible to root.

If you went from 24/7 to 13 hours of daylight, they are going to start flowering.
I made that mistake with clones. I was taking cuttings from a plant in 24/7, and sticking them in an upstairs window where I had my clone rig set up.
The clones tried to flower, which made them nearly impossible to root.
My brother is battling cloning after taking cuttings after flipping to 12/12. Oddly enough, he is getting better results just sticking the cuttings in a cup of water.

I was thinking about it and the new leaves were light green when they were in the dungeon(my basement). But I put them out about a week ago so it was closer(not sure by how much) to 12 or 12.5 hrs of daylight. Also I had them in the shadow of my house to harden them off so it was probably less of a 12.5 hour exposure.

They'll start vegging again in a bit
I wouldn’t mind seeing who is what. The male Freak I had last year showed a couple of weeks before the females if I recall correctly. I will be keeping an eye out for the single fingered leaf telltale sign of revegging. The clones I had outside last year that I forced to flower while in soda cans took about 3 weeks to reveg but they had little buds on them already.

I have my neighbor 2 Freakshow and 1 OFSG plants over the winter for houseplants. I saw the OFSG plant was a male and flowered spraying pollen all over the place. Today she came by and said one plant had died and the other 2 had ‘seeded’. I thought she was confusing flowering with going to seed but sure enough, both Freakshows were female and they had little buds with seeds developing on them. They were just in her south facing window all winter so I figured they would die at some point. I told her to harden them off and plant them in her yard. Hopefully they reveg for her. I kept 4 Freaks and since she had 2 females, odds are I will have 3 males….
🤬

Oops…
75CEE40C-0A49-4403-9D56-9D22936D87D4.jpeg

oh sh-it

was that an accident?
Yep. They need to go in the ground. They have been in the same small pots for months and need water at least every 24 hrs. I forgot to water them this morning. In my defense, I am having my house sided so I have a bunch of people in my yard and didn’t want to draw attention to the plants.

Kinda glad these flowered outside early. Now when they reveg, I will have females only. No pollen chucking this year. 3 Freakshow and one OFSG females. Now I just have to figure out where they are going in the ground.

Latest posts

Back