Old Fo Freak Show Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go with a quarter strength. My brother is a new grower(and is doing his best to kill the plants). He told me yesterday he is getting leaf tip burn. I told him to skip a feeding or two. He said he is worried that he may lose some yield. I told him again to skip a feeding. He said he might just feed them half strength. I told him that there is likely nutes built up in the soil and I would skip a feeding or two. He said he’d probably just go with half. I told him again to skip a feeding… grrrrrr…
He will learn by his mistakes. Some ask and really don’t want to know….

Your brother sounds like he is hardheaded. Can't tell them nothing. I don't even waste my time with ppl like that. I listen and say ,,yep,,yep,and okay see you later and have fun. Then I roll my eyes and walk away.😁

it may take till next year for these plants to veg out good enough to bloom in time 😜
I am lucky. I don’t have an indoor grow going that I need to worry about infesting with bugs. I am going to keep giving them 24 hours of light for now. I thought was was going to put these in the ground when the got big enough but I may just grow them in pots. I started them too late.

Your brother sounds like he is hardheaded. Can't tell them nothing. I don't even waste my time with ppl like that. I listen and say ,,yep,,yep,and okay see you later and have fun. Then I roll my eyes and walk away.😁
It is frustrating but I don’t like to discourage him from thinking for himself. He killed his first seedlings by watering them constantly even though I kept telling him they were drowning. I still don’t think he believes it. He thought my seeds were the problem for a while until I felt obliged to show him they will grow. I wouldn’t have any plants going right now if he hadn’t forced my hand.

My brother got 2 males out of 5 plants. He was psyched about the ones that were going great guns. I told him they were likely males and turns out, I was right.
He does have one that must be a sativa leaning phenotype that is taller and lankier. The seeds are pretty much 50-50 sat/ind so he was likely to get some variation.

Because I am an impatient man and against my better judgement, I gave the Freaks a very light feeding(1/4 strength with some kelp4less grow, supreme blend and epsom salt)to see if I can jump start their growth. If they take off, I will pat myself on the back. If they wither, I will blame the impatient old Fogey who has bad ideas…

I fed mine a little last week, though it was leftover nutes I mixed for the tomatoes. The stem is finally starting to thicken some, but still growing slow as if the roots are under developed. I forgot to add Myco when I repotted it. Maybe I should add some now?

With those smaller leaves it must need a lot of light, but it couldn't handle the heat from direct sun the whole day. I'm thinking it would do better in the ground where the soil stays cooler than in a pot.

I fed mine a little last week, though it was leftover nutes I mixed for the tomatoes. The stem is finally starting to thicken some, but still growing slow as if the roots are under developed. I forgot to add Myco when I repotted it. Maybe I should add some now?

With those smaller leaves it must need a lot of light, but it couldn't handle the heat from direct sun the whole day. I'm thinking it would do better in the ground where the soil stays cooler than in a pot.
I fed a bunch of plants in my garden and just diluted what I had after finishing the garden feeding. I have some pepper plants that look really hungry.

I would go with a quarter strength. My brother is a new grower(and is doing his best to kill the plants). He told me yesterday he is getting leaf tip burn. I told him to skip a feeding or two. He said he is worried that he may lose some yield. I told him again to skip a feeding. He said he might just feed them half strength. I told him that there is likely nutes built up in the soil and I would skip a feeding or two. He said he’d probably just go with half. I told him again to skip a feeding… grrrrrr…
This is why I read all of the pot growing posts. In hydro, you're doing a perfect job if your leaf tips, and just the very tips, are brown. From what I gather, in dirt, it means you're over fertilizing?

This is why I read all of the pot growing posts. In hydro, you're doing a perfect job if your leaf tips, and just the very tips, are brown. From what I gather, in dirt, it means you're over fertilizing?
I think it is also true for dirt but I don’t like the crispy tips. I kinda watch the leaves color

Latest posts

Back