Old Fogey’s breeding project seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better pics. I think I have a 3rd female amongst the clones. A single pistil looks like it has appeared on the last clone in the flower bucket.

No cloning today. I have yard stuff to do and Mrs Fogey feels that is a priority…
7398FAD9-5A18-4F3D-828D-CCB24A4C1669.jpeg
82A2F53B-FE78-465C-9567-052E3B7A1A2B.jpeg

Last edited:
Took cuttings for clones of all 6 plants. I still need to ID #’s 4 and 6. Maybe I will just wait for them to flower instead of forcing them.

Good genes. I have very little to do with the plants looking as they do. They lived in a box in the furnace room for a couple of months. Waiting on my buddy to have his garden ready for these. My clones will probably go live in the woods. Mrs Fogey doesn’t care for my yard smelling like skunk…

I pollinated some plants a couple of years(?) ago. I got a butt load of seeds out of the plants. These that I have growing now are just to prove to myself that the seeds are viable. They are. I planted 4 seeds and got six seedlings. Weird. 2 of the seeds must have had twin embryos. I don’t know what that means as far as the end result(hermies, mutants, super plants, normal plants, awful plants). My plan is to veg these until they go to their foster home but I may keep a couple and plant them outside. A friend has a breeding program going so he is the foster farmer. I planted the seeds Feb 18th so they are about 6 weeks old. I am not taking good care of them. They are in a freaking box in my furnace room with a 2 bulb t5 light.View attachment 292435View attachment 292436
I've had seeds 15 years old still sprout fine. They were frozen 12 of those.

bubba

Crap! We are supposed to get a cold stretch coming up this week. Guess I will be bringing my plants in at night. Mid 90’s yesterday and today. Mid 40’s at night for a couple days mid week. Better safe than angry…

My plants were looking nutrient deficient on the new growth. I did a foliar feed with some stuff called extreme blend. It has humic and fulvic acid in it and from what I have read, that is like liquid sunshine. A day later the new growth is darkening up nicely. They are root bound pretty good. I need to get these out of their pots. Gotta blast the plants with some spinosad today. Getting small holes in one leaf but where there is smoke there is fire. Doesn’t look like the borg. Maybe crickets. And this is darker green than they were a couple days ago. They will get blasted with sponosad today and extreme blend again tomorrow.
9918DEF8-F707-492A-A9BD-177B304C23FA.jpeg

40 ain't gonna hurt 'em. They won't be doing much growing, but they can take colder temps.
I have a hard time believing the meteorologists. They are wrong pretty consistently. It is easy enough to bring the plants in for a couple of nights. No frost warnings so that is good for my vegetables that I planted this week

Latest posts

Back