Opiate withdrawals and cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,
Things are a bit better today. My body seems to be adjusting to the lower dosage. My doctor says that we need to maintain this dosage for a few days, to get my strength up, before we lower the dosage further.
Have a great day

HomieHogleg

I am feeling great today,
as my body has fully adjusted to the lower dosage. Though the previous few days were rough, I now know I can do this. I am going to continue to follow my doctors advice, and his schedule, though I am an impatient MoFo. I do need a few days of good nourishing food, before I drop my dosage again, as I have trouble eating, or retaining nourishment, when dealing with the withdrawals.
I also am looking forward to the Thanksgiving feast, and would really rather be feeling good, so I can celebrate still being alive, with gusto.

Have a great week, and Happy Thanksgiving.

HomieHogleg

awesome news, Homie. I'm glad you're feeling better. Whenever my fiancee needs pain meds, she uses Suboxone to get off, but nonetheless I am happy for you. It's a struggle for sure. Keep in touch, we're here to B S with if you need to. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO You and yours!

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

Good for you Hommie. You know I tryed with a friends advice one time to have the methadone clinic lower me by 5 mgs a week one time and it worked somewhat but at certain intervels. like when I went to 60 mgs I remember.. I felt sick then the worst was when I hit 20 mgs.. I mean I was dope sick and needed a 5 mg prn from the nurse's at the clinic,. You will feel better and I know you wernt on a methadone but at certain levels you might still feel weak so to speak or no energy. I remember feeling like it was a task to stand up and go to the bathroom to pee, My whole body seemed drained of all energy and my body sore with serious depresion as well. If you are below 20 or 30 mgs of hydrocodone daily . you are well on your way to being free. the last week or so you might ask your Doc to bring a few suboxone pills with him.. just to clean the ole opiod receptors in the brain, They have a narcotic antagonist as well as a mild narcotic. just so people dont experience withdrawel but ofcourse. there are people who can even become addicted to suboxone, so use with caution.. Goodluck. Hero

hero4u2b said:
Good for you Hommie. You know I tryed with a friends advice one time to have the methadone clinic lower me by 5 mgs a week one time and it worked somewhat but at certain intervels. like when I went to 60 mgs I remember.. I felt sick then the worst was when I hit 20 mgs.. I mean I was dope sick and needed a 5 mg prn from the nurse's at the clinic,. You will feel better and I know you wernt on a methadone but at certain levels you might still feel weak so to speak or no energy. I remember feeling like it was a task to stand up and go to the bathroom to pee, My whole body seemed drained of all energy and my body sore with serious depresion as well. If you are below 20 or 30 mgs of hydrocodone daily . you are well on your way to being free. the last week or so you might ask your Doc to bring a few suboxone pills with him.. just to clean the ole opiod receptors in the brain, They have a narcotic antagonist as well as a mild narcotic. just so people dont experience withdrawel but ofcourse. there are people who can even become addicted to suboxone, so use with caution.. Goodluck. Hero

Thanks Man,
I will mention the suboxone to the doctor when he stops by this evening.
I am really feeling good today, but I know it will be bad again, when we lower my dosage again. But with what I have been through so far, I know I can make it. My goal right now, is to be free of opiates, for the New Year. But whatever the doc recommends, I will follow.

Have a great week, and a Happy Theanksgiving

HomieHogleg

Just thought i would post an update. :)
I have now been opiate free for 6+ Days.:woohoo:
The withdrawals were fairly bad for the first few days, but settled down just in time for Christmas.:) I ate like a pig at Christmas dinner, and seem to be doing good. I should be getting the cast off of my left leg, on Jan 2nd, which means I will be out of the darn wheelchair, and will probably be on crutches, if my right leg is ready for a walking cast. One can only hope.
My nurse, is preparing to move home, though she has really had a lot more off time lately, except for when I was going through the worst part of my withdrawals.
My neighbor gave me a jar of his Burmese Kush, for Christmas, so I should have enough meds to last me, for awhile, and life is starting to return to some semblance of normal.
I hope everyone had a great Holiday
And has a safe, prosperous, and green New Year.

HomieHogleg

Congrats on weaning yourself, my friend, well done!! Also good to have neighbors that care!!

Take her slow and easy, my friend, hope that you're in a walking cast and faster recovery by the time I return home!!! Happy new year...and mending!!

Latest posts

Back