outside strain!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
hey guys ive been doing alot of research and had been planning on growing inside and purchased most materials to but now i have to delay that for now, but i want to grow so now i just have to grow outside. so for a first timer what strain would you guys say i should buy/ grow. i live in the southeast side of the USA lets say i live in florida. would you say its too late to grow outside? please get back to me ASAP im trying to order seeds so i can start growing soon! thank you all for your help!

I've read that Bonkers is a good strain. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Heh, any dispensary near you I'd guess. I could go to a seed bank about an hour from where I am and get some seeds if I wanted to. Was looking through an issure of Weed World, and they mentioned some good outdoor strains you might want to look into:

Holland's Hope (Dutch Passion)
Passion #1 (Dutch Passion)
Durban Poison (Dutch Passion)
Purple #1 (Dutch Passion)
Trance (Dutch Passion)
Early Girl (Homegrown Fantaseeds)
Biddy Early (Magus Genetics)
Mexican Sativa (Sensi Seeds)
Early Pearl (Sensi Seeds)
Guerilla's Gusto (Sensi Seeds)
Durban (Sensi Seeds)
Amsterdam Flame (Paradise Seeds)
Dutch Dragon (Paradise Seeds)
Sweet Purple (Paradise Seeds)
Magic Bud (Paradise Seeds)
Early Riser (Sagarmatha Seeds)
Early Durban (Flying Dutchmen)
Early Queen (Mr.Nice Seeds)

Dr.Greenthumbs has a strain called "Iranian Short Season".
Claims it finishes 2 months early.
Not the biggest plants in the world though.

haha well im looking for a plant that isnt necessarily BIg but has a decent yield, and is easy to grow outside for beginners. any1 have any personal experience with an outdoor plant like this?

you need a sativa strain unless you have a grow room to veg in. sativas will do great in your loc.

Sativas wouldn't be too bad. Long daylight hours and long summer. I hear pure sativa strains have a very special high :).

no i dont really have a grow room completely setup, i have a MH and HPS but i dont have a fan for my box yet so i would have to use 3 25w grow spectrum cfls. and i dont think that would be enough for 3-4 plants. plus will the plants smell in veg? and ok thanks so im looking for a sativa.. anyone have a specific sative that they have had good luck with? i was thinking greenhouses himalaya gold.?

No sorry, 3x 25W CFL bulbs would be rather insufficient. However, you could veg nicely for a while with 3x42W CFL bulbs. I've heard and seen Himalayan Gold... Not sure of the potency or the flowering time (which probably is at least 10 weeks!). It probably doesn't really matter what strain you grow because the end results will be fantastic. But since you live near where there's a long growing season, it might be worth your effort to grow a nice sativa strain. Hmmmmm... how about Super Silver Haze? Arjan's Haze #3? Himilaya Gold definately has some reputation, so if you could find some seeds or clones of that stuff, it'll probably be worth it.

ya thats what i expected, but the 3 25w cfls will be ok for the first two weeks or so if im growing from seed right? and im going to order my seeds offline and have them shipped as im not sure about where to get clones in my area :(. so im just looking and trying to find a strain that you guys think would be good for me. i just dont want to spend 80$ on seeds for a strain that will end up dying in my area or that is difficult to grow as it is my very first time growing anything (besides tomatoes in 2nd grade)

so would it be better to just buy like 3 more 25w grow cfls or try to find some 42w cfls?

TokeWithHope said:
so would it be better to just buy like 3 more 25w grow cfls or try to find some 42w cfls?

just make sure to get some 6500k cfl's
and order from nirvana

dude, just get ya some bag seeds and plant them. this is the best time of the year for growing in OUR area. just get some good seed from some good smoke, germinate your seeds, let them grow outside in pots till they get around a foot tall, dont water too often, transplant in the ground or big bucket with good soil and have fun taking care of them till around nov. you will yeild a bunch of smoke from one good healthy female. if your plant starts getting too big, tie it down and watch her get crazy. good luck

haha in my area its extremely hard to get your hands on any seeds and if you do its crap bud. here its all sensemilla good for some bad for me. and alot of these places dont ship to the U.S.

Durban Poison is a good strain for a beginner. And it grows well in the southeast. Mandella has some good strains that finish early Mandella #1 Or Hashberry. :)

thank you ridge runner! well atleast an update today i found THE PERFECt spot to grow! :) so i am very excited

Latest posts

Back