Papa's VEG DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papabeach1

Reaction score
maybe decide to throw them in 12/12 soon not sure yet.. I think I saw one male clone growing in DWC if so I will rip him off and saying... "you not allowed to be around my girls sorry...you gotta go.. all that I have showed my caring and you end up male.. sorry you only good for nothing"

these is only 2 and half month!! I changed my rez once.. and they doing fine with it right now.. only thing I do notice.. if I test the water.. then touch the leaves.. it can cause nute burns.. I'm try to avoid that too.. water is pretty cool, not that cold.. but pretty cool. but growing crazy now.. :rolleyes: any comments will be app.

2nd and 3rd pic is baby mojo plants and I claim these is females from study/reading the seeds's profile.. these are doing so GREAT in DWC.. pretty green (SWEET!!!)

Picture 21.jpg

Picture 22.jpg

Picture 23.jpg

Picture 24.jpg

Picture 25.jpg

Picture 26.jpg

upgrade the light, buy a nice ph/tds/ppm meter, buy some quality nutrients and use distilled water, moniter the ph, get a thermometer and see what temp the water is. change the rezz more frequently and get quality genetics.

research on hydro would be recommended @ 2.5 months they should be MONSTERS and wayyyy outgrowing that tub.

i understand fully now.

I'm thinking about get warm light CFLS for bloom

or floodlight with CFM attached to the bulb on the side..have 70w HPS bulb inside the floodlight?

my bro will throw me lot of T12 fixtures for my mums and green house..that's good.. so 18 gal is fine? ...

honestly man, if you flowered now- they will be ok. but you HAVE to get the ph right and your ppm in the zone or they will never finish. the temp of the rootzone is ultra important- if its to low it will stunt growth if its to high you will have problems with algea or root rot. upping the air is always good but making sure the ph is right wil ensure they are feeding properly.

a floodlight wont work- if it has a hps with a ballast then that willl work but ime 70 watts isnt enough for 30 plants.

trillions of atoms said:
honestly man, if you flowered now- they will be ok. but you HAVE to get the ph right and your ppm in the zone or they will never finish. the temp of the rootzone is ultra important- if its to low it will stunt growth if its to high you will have problems with algea or root rot. upping the air is always good but making sure the ph is right wil ensure they are feeding properly.

a floodlight wont work- if it has a hps with a ballast then that willl work but ime 70 watts isnt enough for 30 plants.

hmm..look like I'll get other timer.. for 12/12 and warm light cfls..

the aqua temp controller I have.. it will not get water to be warm.. it's always little cooler than room temp.. but they are green.. I hope they are doing alright.. just that its just little cooler u know what I mean? where can I get electric ph tester? I will need that.. and should I start use bloom nutes too? keep in mind I do have 2 nice babies in my DWC along with tomatoes and clones.. I removed one male out.. someone told me my 2 babies look ready for 12 /12 anyway.. I was like oh cool... the air and circulation is little less than 70 but room temp is 70.. I guess I will have to get water tempture too.. is 69 degree perfect or what? what is perfect degree for water tempture? someone said room tempture should be perfect for the water temp? which is 69 degree?

As I told ya before, there is somthing wrong with your DWC.

What nutes are you using? and what is the PPM of your nute solution?

Do you have any idea the PH, do you even have the PH drops or test paper?

How long are the roots and how full do you keep the rez?

65-69 f is fine for the rez temp, any idea what yours is?

These plants should be at least 10 times as big as they, answer these questions and add anything else you can add and we can figure it out.

from what i can see papabeach,you are trying to grow in a cloner.you need to fix a better dwc setup than that.the plants will not make it like that.why not use 5 gal buckets,one for each plant.you have way too many plants in the homemade cloner to grow them out.you must have mis-understood the details on the diy.it is for starting clones,not growing in.jmo

its 18 gallon.. I think it would be good rooms for roots to grow inside..
so far roots is growing and it does grow quicker I might can get them to reveg too.. I will get test strip.. I couldn't find ph electric tester glad to know 69 degree would be fine cuz it does feel like it is.. I only gave them little nutes of bio grow.. and did shared that with mother plants and refill the water.. its all good as far I see.. it getting greener will post in few days.. want to see the difference.. is 18 gal tank good enough? the roots is doing good and developing more roots.. the roots is about 12 inch or more longer..
been going for little more than 2 months already.. I will check the ph.. I think it has to someting when I did tested the water temp.. and touched the plants and cause nute burns on it.. I'm not sure... thanks for letting me know something is wrong.. I need get it figured out.. I ll get cfls for right now (warm high output lights for bloom)

I got 8 warm light cfls... and already setup for 12/12 new timer..for this DWC..and I got new smaller DWC and already setup.. I did got new water heater but this one is not adjustable it will set as 78 degree so I decide to use that new heater on the 18 gal DWC along with new warm light cfls..total of 12,800 lumens.. I think it's not enough but it look red and bright.. leaves starting to like it.. oh well. the new smaller DWC I got is 10 gal.. I think other water heater will manage this.. I'm running that new DWC overnight to see how it goes.. if its all good.. I will start do some of cutting.. and this time it will be full of all mojos in one DWC.. should I do floodlight with 70 watt hps inside the flood light along with CFM fan attached? I got new ph tester and will run water test tomorrow.. any recommends? would love to grow crops in playboy house!!

Get that Ph right..and thats a Mass cloner...right? you need a medium or a something to support the plants man.. and they're alittle too close together to flower IMO.. all you have are fluros?..for flower?..

I dunno what to say man, read up as much as you can, get some serious lighting. And follw everyones advice, those should be monsters by now

I believe I did neglect the water ph.. and the temp is not setting correctly..it is still little cold maybe that why it is growing slow.. but I do recognized they are growing quicker than soils..

yes turkeyneck.. I got 2 separate timers..1 for mums 18/6.. other one for bloom 12/12 I got 4 of "y" adapter for 8 warm cfls.. and its on and running.. I will see how it goes.. I did replaced that water heater to new one that sets to 78 degree automatic.. but let see if that will works for 18 gal ;) I will adjust the ph of water tomorrow other than that.. it look fine.. somehow I do need something like 250 to 300 watt hps anyone know the DIY to do that? I couldn't find that in DIY forum ? I believe 1000 watt hps is too much.. and want to do something different this time.. and portable..

andy52 said:
from what i can see papabeach,you are trying to grow in a cloner.you need to fix a better dwc setup than that.the plants will not make it like that.why not use 5 gal buckets,one for each plant.you have way too many plants in the homemade cloner to grow them out.you must have mis-understood the details on the diy.it is for starting clones,not growing in.jmo

the way I understand..water, air, light.. that all it needs.. and yes anchor ..

SCROG can help when it get bushy? I don't plan to super cropping them anyway.. IMO I can get these to SCROG to keep them straight.. not sure yet.. these 2 plants better be females.. I don't care about these 4 little plants in the middle.. they can grow trying to die.. IMO it was nute burn or cold water either ..I have 2 plants that is my favorite plant I cloned that plant twice in soil, then water now I tried get it off and broke the stem.. now have 2 of that plant it is hidden somewhere it got bigger though..
but the REST of it is clones from mums..I did cut the top off that is where it is now... along with tomatoes of roma, beefsteaks and cherry

I wanna see if tomatoes will get me high quicker than soils can provide..
so far I can smell POT.. and I can smell good tomatoes.. hehee they are in 18 gal.. they are in 12/12 starting now.. I will keep it post.. and review..

yeah, far to many plants in that small system. thats a cloner. an they are tiny becuese of it. an ya need to get that ph right buddy. well good luck hope u take some of the atvies that was posted above to move them little ones an let them turn in to the monsters they should be

papabeach1 said:
the way I understand..water, air, light.. that all it needs.. and yes anchor ..

You also need nutes, what nutes are you using and how strong?

papa,you need to get someone to help you with this.i wish i was near you,i would be glad to try to explain this to you.please get someone to help you with the reading of this entire post.you just can not grow in a cloner.please try to understand this.we are all trying to help you.i hate to see you disappointed with what you are attempting to do.its impossible.the plants will never be able to support themselves in the cloner.with no medium whatsoever.god bless

all those in 18 gal gallon they are support themselves.. roots is holding the water really good..

I checked the ph it is 6.4 to 6.6 is that okay?
it is all green.. only 4 little plants will fail.. but I see 2 babies still growing..
and the rest of clones start to have buds... I have little foams that hold them straight and keep stems green.. most roots holds the tubes from the bottom.. it is just my 2 cent working.. its fine.. is 6.4 okay?

I checked the water after 24 hours.. water still little cold.. and I checked the temp it is just 78.. is that okay too???

and they are getting big.. I will post pic tmw or next day and we can compare to few days ago to see how big they grows.. no yellow on leaves on new plants.. and clones... expect for that 4 little plants.. that's all .. by the way 2 babies start grow nodes already!! that is good news to me... but is water temp okay? and is that ph test okay? 6.4?

Growdude said:
You also need nutes, what nutes are you using and how strong?

yes I did gave them nutes.. only 1/4 teaspoon in 18 gal...

do I need give them more nutes?

is that why?

Latest posts

Back