perpetual grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
One question.. if you circulate plants..there will never be an even canopy, therefore the light would be either too low for the ones almost ready to harvest, or too far from the tops of the fresh clones... can anyone "shed some light":p on this?

I set the young ones on milk crates or something similar to raise the top of the canopy to the same height. I grow in dirt though, I don't know what would you would do on a fixed table or something similar.

Well, generally the technique i've seen used in an indoor grow room is kinda like, use buckets, or crates to raise up the younger plants to the canopy level of whatever is tallest, to keep them even. Depending on what kind of space/lights you're working with, that is generally the practice used. And as a matter of prefrence, i suggest having CFL's hanging about 3" from the tops of all the plants. I have I reckon 8 now? lol something like that, for a spread of canopy about 4' long and 3' wide. I'm always adding new plants and removing old ones, so I use small end tables that stagger in height (they were stackable from Ikea!). Clones also don't need that much light to root. Once they've rooted however, you can move them closer to the light, or the light closer to them, whichever works best. I try to keep my clones/seedlings under flouro lighting so i can keep them as close as possible during veg time. The flowering room is where the cascading plants are placed. Good luck, hope that was helpful

the only way i see is to have a different tray for each size plants, have 3 trays - a harvest every 3 weeks if you have a steady supply of clones

well Im using an ebb&flow table so i cant stack 'em on crates.. just a thought.

Latest posts

Back