Personal Stash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeedHopper

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm growing a couple plants in a small closet. I have like a 2'x2' space. I have some CFL's im using ,two 150 watt spiral,2600 Lumens,2700K (soft white)bulbs. Two inches from the plants {Seedlings}. Will this setup work from start to finish? If so, are there better CFL's I could or should use?
I have always grown outside, but thats been awhile and besides the days are to short right now (Florida).:eek:
I do have some great sun shine during the day here,,could I use the sun during the day and the CFL's at night?:hubba:

yes you can grow start from finnish with cfls prefreable bright white for vegging and soft white for flowering ,,,also you are going to need at least 5000 lumens per sqft
yes give them as much sunlight as you can
good luck :48:

I actually haven't grown yet, but I'm pretty sure that you'll need way more lighting than that if you want anything more than stretched plants with tiny buds. Remember, at least five thousand lumens per square foot. I think you're refering to them as being 150w equivalents. There are actual 150w and 200w giant cfls with self contained ballasts. Those will put out upwards of 8,000+ lumens, and would be the way to go if you want to stick with that type of lighting. You may want to consider a small hps for flowering, and try to at least double the amount of lighting your using now. Good luck.

You say 5000 Lumens. Does that mean if I have two bulbs that are 2700 Lumens = 5400 or do they all have to be at least 5000 L?
Does Bright White=cool and Soft White =Warm? What is the one that says Daylight?

Thanks guys. You have been alot of help. What it all boils down to is,, if I am going to use CFL's, go with the most Watts and Lums as I can get. Load the 2x2 space with as many CFL's I can. Use cool white for Veg and Warm White for Flowers, or just use both cool and warm. Keep them close to the plants ( 2" to 4". Take the plants outside in the Bright sun during the day.{Florida}, and bring them in before the sun goes down. RIGHT

sounds like a plan.i would slowly introduce them to the sun though.harden them off some.it might stress them to throw them into direct sun light.jmo

Frankly you would be far better off with a single 150W HPS, they are cheap enough. You'd get 16,000 lumens which is adequate for a 2x2 grow space. And you won't need to mess about with multiple CFLs, getting the lamp inches from the leaves, and all that.

well day light cfls is good.. 8 of these will manage 2 plants and couple of clones..up to 10 clones in vegging. hps is concerns as blooming you can use that 150 hps for flowering time.. easy to replace when you are done vegging them

CowboyBudsky said:
could I use the sun during the day and the CFL's at night?:hubba:

Yes definitely. Even ambient sunlight is more 'intense' so to speak than cerain artificial lighting. You will be getting all of the spectrum. I vegged in sunlight and used cfls, but I am flowering under a 400w hps in a 3'x3' space.

2x2 space you should look into LST, Topping, Fimming, and Pinching. Once they start to grow they'll fill up your closet fast

canibanol cannonball said:
2x2 space you should look into LST, Topping, Fimming, and Pinching. Once they start to grow they'll fill up your closet fast
Please explain. :eek:

omnigr33n said:
Yes definitely. Even ambient sunlight is more 'intense' so to speak than cerain artificial lighting. You will be getting all of the spectrum. I vegged in sunlight and used cfls, but I am flowering under a 400w hps in a 3'x3' space.
It won't shock them going from cfls to sunlight each day?

CowboyBudsky said:
It won't shock them going from cfls to sunlight each day?

Nah. They love it. I do this all the time until they get too big. Saves on power too.

leafminer said:
Nah. They love it. I do this all the time until they get too big. Saves on power too.

Be alright for about 2 to 4 plants but have any more than that, then it be a Chore to do everyday and do it On Time each day..
:holysheep: that tooooo Much for me....

What do you mean, doing it on time every day? Does it make a difference what time I get up and put them out? I know I have to get them in before dark.

leafminer said:
Frankly you would be far better off with a single 150W HPS, they are cheap enough. You'd get 16,000 lumens which is adequate for a 2x2 grow space. And you won't need to mess about with multiple CFLs, getting the lamp inches from the leaves, and all that.

My setup is very simple,easy and cheap. All I have to do is move the shelf Down as the plant grows.:hubba: My growbox is a small fridge and Hids would be to hot without one hell of a exhaust fan. Right now I am able to use the fan that was in the fridge. I am just messen around growing my on stash,so the yeild does not have to be real high to keep me and my Wife in smoke. I have always grown outside, but I can't do that right now. I just moved.:rolleyes:

CowboyBudsky said:
My setup is very simple,easy and cheap. All I have to do is move the shelf Down as the plant grows.:hubba: My growbox is a small fridge and Hids would be to hot without one hell of a exhaust fan. Right now I am able to use the fan that was in the fridge. I am just messen around growing my on stash,so the yeild does not have to be real high to keep me and my Wife in smoke. I have always grown outside, but I can't do that right now. I just moved.:rolleyes:

If I've got the right image of this. . . bizarro! :huh:
Like to see a pic of this!

I'm looking for my Digital Camera. I will take pics. And dont be haten on my setup.

Latest posts

Back