PH Digital Controler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierced

Reaction score
Hey Gang

New to everything. But love doing things like this..... 8 plant hydro setup. now searching around and doing some research came across a PH controler that controled PH and Co2. now woth the investmernt kill 2 birds with one stone?

and they are DWC

PH and Co2.... Really? why do you need the CO2 meter? Do you have a CO2 setup? What you need is a PPM and PH meter. Don't worry about CO2...

I sent you a pm, but for those hew don't know here we go.....

OK PPM stands for Parts Per Million. A PPM meter measures your Parts per Million of nutrients inside your water "So you don't give your plants nut burn". Its a must if you are doing hydro, and a plus for soil. When you look at the directions on your nutrients it will tell you what PPM or EC it sagest you use at full strength. So after your done mixing your rez for your hydro "if thats what you do" you check the PPM and if its around what the directions say it should not burn your plants. If its a lil over you just add water till its at that mark. If its under you just add nuts till it hits the mark... PPM meters are a little pricey. If your going to get one try and get a nutrawand or a blue lab nutrawand. These are both very easy to use and are built well. They also double as a mix wand. I hope this helped you, i am sorry bout writing a book. Just bored at work wanting to give you all the info you were looking for.. Let me know if you have any moor questions...

Timmyjg6 said:
PH and Co2.... Really? why do you need the CO2 meter? Do you have a CO2 setup? What you need is a PPM and PH meter. Don't worry about CO2...

He's not talking about meters--he is talking about controllers--devices that constantly monitor and adjust pH and CO2 levels. Really overkill IMO unless you are a large commercial concern.

Pierced said:
ok whatas a PPM?

No offense, but if you are doing DWC and do not know what PPM is, you need to do alot more reading. It is one of the first things you should know about when doing hydro.

Maybe he is just getting lucky mixing according to the bottle? I know when I used the old hydro systems I didn't have a meter and never burnt my plants. I just did what the bottle told me to a "T" and was fine. I always had more trouble with my soil grows then Hydro. Yeilds were much better the cycle I switched.

Latest posts

Back