Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple pics from the north..

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

Took this pic of a HUGE Valley Oak tree. I remember reading somewhere that oaks that grow long and tall with one main trunk are called Pollard Oak. This is the other kind. I just cant remember the name they give this kind that grows in the classic large branching form.
Anyhow, the Valley Oak is the largest Oak that grows in California. They are massive.

valley oak.JPG

Camp.JPG

Pollard or not.JPG

Welcome back Tc :)

You remind Me of Me.

Something internal burning to be out with nature.

Maybe its our age realising the beauty of nature and accepting mortality.

Sometimes I look too deep into things :rolleyes:

:peace:

Here is a pic I took on my mobile, just something I did while thinking wondering what you were all doing as I walked a beach smoking a 5 king skin huge fat one.

(To tell the truth I dont remember much of that night but woke wearing 1 of my socks on my hand and a baked bean in my ear :eek: :confused2: the less said the better sometimes :p )

2 2 Gone but not forgotten.JPG

HIE, I thot you would come back with...
It is named _______ . I read that info about Pollard Oaks in a book called London. It was speaking of the oaks in the Kings/Queens wood near (south, I believe) Salisbury, (southern England anywho).
Mortality has been with me since near death experience (at 33), but, have never thot as I do sometimes now, that this tree will be here long after me, as the grains of sand writ MP.

Something I wrote when someone close told me to enjoy the gift because it ends.

A week later her gift ended.

The hour glass goads our life,
We see her bells and warrant no need to convict,
For the sands drain continual,
A never ending stream, or is it?

Looking at her smile, she lets us walk life,
Looking at her smile, she gives confidence,
Looking at her smile, we never question,
But look at her smile, she is taking, not giving.

Do I forsake the obvious sight before me?
Do I look with eyes blind,
I let my existence continue as it is,
But its not the existence I want.

I give to others all my being,
They soak my essence and I see them smile,
Its not a smile I gave them,
I gave them part of my life.

My life is happy, full, yet sad and lonely,
Contradictions you may think I typed,
Look at the mirror of life.
If the image returning is happy, then your happy.

While you have sat and read all this,
The hour glass still smiles,
Another few moments lost in time,
The mirror has been discarded.

With shock and horror the hour glass calls us,
We think surely the sands are wrong,
As the last grains fall to its pit,
We silently see our life with tears.

Chances past, we ignored them,
Busy in our day,
Our time has been called and no going back,
Regret is more saddening than the try.

Ive been out hunting a good OD spot for some plants and when i looked up there was something that told me this wasn't going to be it :D

outdoor.JPG

The world's first cast iron bridge was built over the River Severn at Coalbrookdale in 1779.
Not only iron founders and industrial spies flocked to see this wondrous bridge, but also artists and travelers.
The Bridge had a far reaching impact: on local society and the economy, on bridge design and on the use of cast iron in building.
The story of the bridge's conservation begins in 1784 with reports of cracks in the Southern abutments, and is brought up to date with the English Heritage sponsored work of 1999.

Hahahaha Dubs. ;)

And wow, what a cool bridge b.u. Does anyone ever jump off into the water below?

Latest posts

Back