Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fall colors

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00201.JPG

DSC00205.JPG

DSC00212.JPG

DSC00252.JPG

DSC00265.JPG

DSC00258.JPG

DSC00255.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

Hick, beatiful, but what is the deal in that last picture.. Where does that tunnel go? Under the.. what kind of holy building is that?

Cool pictures, is that a artichoke that we eat, ???? Them fall pictures make me hungry for venison, salted flash fried heart on buttered toast!!! Maybe a little mayo on the second one!!! Anyway not sure what the black and white bee lookin one is, mean looking for sure.

P1110247.JPG

P1110244.JPG

P1110254.JPG

P1110255.JPG

Hey Skag, it would be a too small artichoke to eat and once it blooms it is over for eating it, but it is pretty huh.
I don't know bout fried heart.

hXXp://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06211/709125-37.stm <--- rosebud ;)
the guy is still building.
So I'm not sure why this hasn't had more reviewers and I have to totally 100% as much as I can, couldn't disagree more with Plump P. about not going out of your way for this. If someone can tell me a place where, 100% for free, you can walk onto someone's property and climb, explore, gawk, and be scared for your life, all throughout what was supposed to be their home, then send me the link. My gal pal Kat, buddy Mike, and I made the trek from the Springs to see this awe inspiring tribute to hard work and dedication mixed with a dash of insanity and a heap of good ole' American pioneerism (is that an ingredient?). This place is so cool. Like the other reviewers said, it is an "Enter at your own risk" type of adventure and it is obviously waaaaaaaay "under construction" BUT (insert big hairy plumber's crack here) it is just incredible to witness. The fact that one slightly crazy man has erected this incredible piece of art is just beyond comprehension. That he has found a way to allow people to experience it is even better. Sure the gift shop is lame and full of crappy schlock. Sure the outhouse slash restrooms were probably gross (who even needs to use them - the place is surrounded by acres and acres of beautiful San Isabel National Forest - find a tree and cop-a-squat [some reviewers are such babies]). Obviously there are no building inspectors making safety checks. At times, and at certain heights, one even begins to wonder if this might be the time Jim Bishop's welding-work finally gives way and you become "that story". Alas, all that and more makes and adds to the splendor of this place.

If you are the type of person who likes to witness for him or herself place that others describe as "having to see it for yourself" than this unique and incredible (holy guacamole Batman, one dude working on his own for 43 years, where does that even happen) castle is a MUST SEE (even if you have to drive ALL the way from Denver (wow - what a haul).

Wow, Hick, i just read that. what a story. I seem to be speechless. Thank you, i would have never known about that. Pretty amazing...weird too.

Rosebud said:
Wow, Hick, i just read that. what a story. I seem to be speechless. Thank you, i would have never known about that. Pretty amazing...weird too.
Down around San Jose, Calif. they have a big house that kept getting built onto for years and years. Just remembered, it's the winchester house, anyway, I go fishing for wipers on Pueblo Lake every year, end of May. I'll be asking my hosts about this place??/, really cool house!!

It's only about an hour drive from P. res' skag and it's well worth the admission price ;)..

Hick said:
It's only about an hour drive from P. res' skag and it's well worth the admission price ;)..

I got a email from my friend in pueblo, he said he goes often to watch progress over the years, its only 45 min. from his place. I give him a hard time about nothing to do around pueblo but tour correctional facilitys, lol, there does seem to be alot of big jails around there!!

there does seem to be alot of big jails around there!!
... funny you say that. our county motto is .."Come here on vacation".."Go home on probation"...:rofl:

i can dig the 'go home' part...funny thing is, thats our motto here too!;)

Crap quality from my cell phone.

The biggest ferris wheel in North America-

045678.jpg

great shot! next time try and get a bit closer. i want to see the crater

Latest posts

Back