Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Morning,
A New Day (Custom) (Custom).JPG

To Night,
IMAG0038 (Custom).JPG

Have a great Holiday

HomieHogleg

flowering cacti---no idea what it is called---it was a gift---only flowers 1 time, 1 flower every year---night bloomer

cacti flowering 001.jpg

cacti flowering 002.jpg

cacti flowering 003.jpg

cacti flowering 004.jpg

cacti flowering 005.jpg

cacti flowering 006.jpg

cacti flowering 007.jpg

cacti flowering 008.jpg

cacti flowering 009.jpg

cacti flowering 010.jpg

couple more of the annual night blooming cacti---try to get a clear shot in the morning

full bloom for a couple nights a year cacti flower.jpg

full bloom for a couple nights a year cacti flower 001.jpg

Man that is something special ... Do you have any more info on that cactus ? Perhaps is trippy :hubba:

Went to wiki :rolleyes:

"Nightblooming Cereus is the common name referring to a large number of flowering cereus cacti that bloom at night. Because of the short life of the flowers, the nightblooming cereus has a romanticized reputation and has given rise to erroneous beliefs, such as that the plants bloom only once a year, or only on nights when the moon is full. The nightblooming cereus is also referred to as Princess of the Night, Honolulu Queen (for Hylocereus undatus, commonly grown in Hawaii), Queen of the Night, or Reina de la Noche."

Nice. You got a lot of patience there. How long was the interval of the blooms?

thanks for the info bho expertz---past 4 years mine has only bloomed one flower once a year since i have had it---full moon is full of crap---think i took these this morning trying to catch the detail---

hey mauitravler---the intervals were not timed just when i thought it was a good---didn't take long for it to open---right now it's closed up and will come out again after the sun sets---

full bloom for a couple nights a year cacti flower 008.jpg

full bloom for a couple nights a year cacti flower 004.jpg

Orange, that is so very cool. Thank you for sharing with us. That is something I had never seen.

anything for you Rosebud---:heart:---weird thing it never opened up again last night---go figure ????---and another thing bout this phenomena is i believe the flower that came out last year was more of a trumpet structure as opposed to the round sunflower shape this year---might just be me imagining things again---but i don't think so---guess we will have to wait till next year to find out---:D

orangesunshine said:
hey mauitravler---the intervals were not timed just when i thought it was a good---didn't take long for it to open---right now it's closed up and will come out again after the sun sets---

AWesome.

Latest posts

Back