pic update of my grow/need some tips on spacing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WM420

Reaction score
So these are a few pictures of the past week of my first grow thats been coming along. All 6 of my clones rooted and have been growing just perfectly(they'r bout 2 1/2 wks old) :p which i am stoked about, and the two seedlings, which we sprouted at the same time as taking the clones, are right in line with them. Thier proud mothers in the background are on thier 6th week of vegging and are getting pretty big and bushy, and are lookin sexy ;) :hubba: .
I'm kinda worried though that if i veg these little clones for too too long that the mothers will get so big, that during flowering, the smaller clones may be drowened out of some light. My question is how big do you think i should grow my clones before i start budding them(clones and mother plants alike) and still get a decent amount of bud from the clones??? btw that space is 4ft wide and 2 1/2 ft deep, but the lights can be raised almost as high as needed.. and that back right mother plant is 2ft tall, while the mother plant in the back left is around 16inchs(im thinking do to the strain, but idk im a newb)
Thanks for the tips and I hope you all like

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

Im not sure if I understand, Just keep trimming the mothers down to whatever size you want.

I flower my clones when there about 1 foot tall.

You can always bend your mother plants and tie them down to make them a little more even with your clones. If you had another little grow space you should keep the mothers in it for future cloning and just flower the clones by themselves. Its a pain in the butt to flower plants of different sizes at the same time, I have done it many times. I have stacked up a bunch of books under the smaller plants to make them the same height as the others.

Do you have a better light for flower? That looks like one of those four foot floros and that will not even be close to enough light to bud those girls.

Maineharvest, I wish i had another grow space to keep the mothers in but, no, i dont. And yeah i figured it would be a pain to flower them at different heights, but you gotta do what you gotta do.. and yeah those r floros but theres a 400w hps on the way for flowering..

And growdude do you get a decent yeild from a 1 ft clone??

Latest posts

Back