planting my beans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
how far down into the medium should i plant? Do i cover the seed or leave it uncovered? or does it matter?

i usually put the seeds into wet paper towels then put the paper towel into a ziplock bag blow it up before you close it so it makes a greenhouse i then put a shirt on my cable box and put the bag on the shirt its warm there so usually within 24 hours there all cracked i do this so i plant a live seed in each pot. i make a hole and plant it about an 1/8 in. under the soil i get the best germination this way almost 100% i get alot less when i just plant them and it takes longer for some reason

what medium are you using...

you remind me of me like one month ago...

i recommend getting all of your info and pictures of everything post it and describe it as best as you can, and ask for everyones opinions... everyone here will give you great advice and help pretty much on the spot... also, when showing us what you got, you will spark questions, which will give you more knowledge... works like a charm!

anyway, i put my seeds about a fingers width below the surface...

check out my journal dude,,,

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=398647#post398647

Hemp, plant the seeds about 1/4"-1" below the surface. As Pothead said, try to keep the seeds warm for germination. Also, as he said, 1/8" should work. Just don't plant it too deep.

hemp319 said:
I'm using clay pellets

Hydroton? I have never heard of propagating with those. But I would still cover the seed

hemp319 said:
I thought hydroton was made of clay

It is I just never heard of anybody starting their seeds in only hydroton.

I'd say get a proper medium, vermi or a blend if you're using soil....the wet paper towerl in a ziplock baggie is an excellent idea. After you've varified that the seed is indeed fertile, (it'll split and li'l white tail will poke out), you can either A: wait for the spermie tail to get longer, or B: stick it in the dirt about 1/8th to 1/2 inch down, cover it, and throw a CFL over it about 6" from the surface of your medium. 2 to 3 days later you should have a healthy li'l sproutlette with it's baby round seed leaves, and single pronged fan leaves. Keep your lights at the right distance or your sprout will stretch to seek the light intensity that it wants, making your plant spidery as it gets older. anyway, i'm not an expert, thats just how I do it....i also check the PH of the water i germinate with to make sure it's appropriate, but regular old tap water or bottled water will work.

if your using clay pellets, then germinate in rockwool... clean and easy... just drop the seed in...

Can I germinate the seed in here and then place this directly into the
hydroton? Will the roots be able to sprout through or will I be better off planting the seed directly into the medium?

Photo_012209_001.jpg

hemp319 said:
how far down into the medium should i plant? Do i cover the seed or leave it uncovered? or does it matter?
plant each one different number each pot and log giving detales!this way your learning to grow,and growing to learn!write it all down even if you cant spell like me,and remember in ten years time this info will be in your head but not without loging small detail!;)

i start all my seeds and clones in rapid rooter cubes.this way you handle the seeds one time and i have had 100% success with the cubes.

hemp319 said:
Can I germinate the seed in here and then place this directly into the
hydroton? Will the roots be able to sprout through or will I be better off planting the seed directly into the medium?

i would recommend trying to germ in rapid rooter cube or rock wool cube or whatever, the less you have to handle your seeds the better... and yes, the roots will sprout out faster than you think...

FYI I have heard of people putting the jiffy pots right into the soil and the roots grew through it, so it's all up to you but I prefer to remove the pots.

i originally planted seed into medium without cube. Then decided to replant right below the surface the next morning using cube. medium (hydroton) is pretty moist so i turned off drip ring. Can i expect my seed to grow? what concerns should i have right now??

Latest posts

Back