plz help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greendave

Reaction score
Growing an indoor crop from seed. 19 plants under my light. I think it is because they are all random seeds, (half my life savings lol) they are very different plants. ( No two seeds should be the same, good or bad?) The problem is the bigger ones r about 10-12 inches tall and a few are only 3-4 inches but chunky ( as many branches as tal ones) I want to start topping the taller ones and let the smaller ones catch up (good or bad?) Also any advice on trimming some of the bigger leaves to let more light in? (some of the plants have leaves twice the size of my hand and only between 6- 12 inches tall) How far should the light be from the plants? (1000w mh) Plants just growing in potting mix, mixed slow release fertiliser into the soil (just half recomended) water twice a week, miraclegro plant food and fish emulsion weeklt. Any Advice would be appreciated. Pics are posted in the gallery. Thanks Also Six outside. we'll see how they go (not yet spring).

kinda hard to help without pichers, but i also planted random seeds....check out my journal...it might help

greendave said:
Growing an indoor crop from seed. 19 plants under my light. I think it is because they are all random seeds, (half my life savings lol) they are very different plants. ( No two seeds should be the same, good or bad?) The problem is the bigger ones r about 10-12 inches tall and a few are only 3-4 inches but chunky ( as many branches as tal ones) I want to start topping the taller ones and let the smaller ones catch up (good or bad?) Also any advice on trimming some of the bigger leaves to let more light in? (some of the plants have leaves twice the size of my hand and only between 6- 12 inches tall) How far should the light be from the plants? (1000w mh) Plants just growing in potting mix, mixed slow release fertiliser into the soil (just half recomended) water twice a week, miraclegro plant food and fish emulsion weeklt. Any Advice would be appreciated. Pics are posted in the gallery. Thanks Also Six outside. we'll see how they go (not yet spring).
look up trillions of atoms "Super cropping" tutorial for those stretchy plants.
I believe there is a 'chart' in the lighting section stickies, that gives a basic "rule of thumb" recommendation for several light distances.
You've already added "time release" nutes :( grrr ;).. I certainly wouldn't be adding 'more' mg nutes for awhile.

I had the situation in my last grow, some plants were bigger/taller than others and all from bag-seed. I was able to adjust the heights of their containers to even out the tops for lighting. What kind of system are you using? You talked of removing leaves? Don't. Those large leaves are sugar factorys for yer plant and topping will lead to bushier plants so what's the point in pruning sun leaves then? How bout some pics? We could help out better if we know what type of set up ya got.:)

ya serous? half of your life, ya saved these seeds from 10 years ago? ya just brought these genetics from 10 years ago, gonna be nice primos and that is something classic!, please dont use miracle gro after you flush and before you set them 12/12 .. be sure its 12 inch between plants and HID depends on watt. use your hands and feel it, if too hot, add more inches IMO U WILL HAVE GOOD BUDS

thank papa. any suggestions on what i could use during the veg grow?

Latest posts

Back