Poet's Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Welcome to my grow journal,

I planted 10 THC Bomb seeds March 12th {3/12} and two weeks later 5 Krystalicas. Now 6 weeks later I have 8 Bombs and 4 Krystalica. Bombs are 5", 12', 13', 16", 17", 20" and two that don't look good. One of the bad ones is not growing and the other has stems so long as to have nodes a foot apart. I topped it but there isn't anything left but stems. All Bombs are showing alternating nodes. ie. 6 Bombs.
The Krystalica are all fine healthy plants just short.

I topped the 4 largest Bombs a couple of weeks ago and put them under a 150w HPS so the others can catch up, the others being under a 400w HPS. I aim to veg them to 18" but one is already taller than that while one other is only 5". I'll hold the 5" plant back with the Krystalicas and flower the Bombs pretty soon. They are just starting to look good. Putting down roots and growing much better now; I want to let them get well rooted. Maybe top the tall Sativa phenotype but they are starting to look healthy now. I'll flip in a week or two when they produce more foliage. At this time they are, but for shorty, 12" - 20".

I can see only two phenotypes, one Sativa phenotype thin, light colored leaves and the nodes are way far apart, and the Indica type is dark green with thick leaves and nodes are close together. I hope to take 3-4 clones from each before flowering. Then when the males are identified trash them and their clones saving two clone mothers, one of each type and flowering the female Bombs.
Option 2: Keep one of the big {12" +} bombs for a clone mother, {one of the Indica types}

The Krystalica can be flowered with the 5" Bomb if it turns out to be a female. But I have only four Krystalica and with the short Bomb, maybe 2-3 females in all. The 400w will be busy for 7-9 weeks flowering the 3-4 female thc bombs and the Krystalica will have to veg a long time. There's time to sprout the 10 Satori under my 150w and have them ready to flip by the time the 400w is unoccupied. Maybe with a long veg period the Krystalica will show pre-flowers and I can for the first time judge sex before flipping, the Bombs too!

Looks like I will be growing half-crops till I get my clone mothers going.

Thank you...

The Poet

Rosebud,

I caught the mistake but you had already corrected me. Where did I come up with July?
Anyway, I have a grow journal going now! Life is good!

Thank you...

The Poet

:ciao: poet grabbing a chair to watch the show!!!!

:48:

My grow is in 'Empire Builder' organic potting soil with 3/4 cup of Espoma per 3 gallon pot. The soil has worm castings, sea bird and bat guano, blood, bone, alfalfa meal ect. A balanced source of organic nutes, as does the Espoma. I intend to grow my plants in veg with nothing else in the way of nutriants. My previous attempts were studies in over fertilizing and over watering; this grow will be the opposite.

The first thing I noticed was the run off being discolored. I remember reading here I think about flushing ones potting soil for a couple of weeks before using it. But the plants are looking fine now after a time of looking weak. They are roaring now!

I water well every two days and will let my Bombs grow since I only have 6 and I'm not sure how many females. They need to be big before flowering as there may be only 3-4 females.

My set up is as follows: I bought a kiddy swimming pool from Wallyworld with no plug in it, just a 3' diameter pool, perfect for a 400w hps. There are two milk crates on one side and one on the other. These are good for laying a piece of plywood on them and putting one or two 3 gallon pots on them. The light reflector is open on the sides and I can get 7, 3 gallon pots in the pool and 3 more on the side. I don't have a camera since my 35mm wore out 9 years ago but I plan on getting one.

Flowering: Canna Bio-Flores. I'll give half strength nutes for the first week then full strength. Maybe one day water only, skip a day then nutes, skip a day then water, skip a day then nutes.
Depending on how many females I will veg them till the pool is full then flip. When I have clone mothers and can have a 'full pool' of little ones my set up is capable of producing enough to last me till the next crop.
God is great Sabu...

The Poet

Update: Poet's Grow Journal

Y'all remember last time I started 10 thc Bombs, 10 Satori and 5 Krystalica
Of the Bombs 5 are females and have been in flowering for 30 days.
Of the Krystalica, 2 are females, they have been in flowering for 14 days.
And the 6 Satori are seedlings.

The things I have learned are thc Bomb is very difficult to clone. Of 12 clones I only had one survive. After two weeks flowering I took two more clones from the Bombs and strangely enough both are doing fine. So three Bomb clones are alive and well.

Of 5 seeds the two Krystalica females are flowering and the 5 clones from them are fine. I flowered them quickly with the Bombs as I was out so I only got 5 clones.

The Satori are, as I said seedlings and no clones yet.

thc Bomb, Krystalica and Satori, three fine strains I evidently have viable clones of and a small crop due in a few weeks. I have never smoked anything that I knew what it was. This is a new experience for me having a known strain of weed and being able to make more. I guess these 3 strains are enough so that I won't have to buy weed any more. I've a Sativa a 75% Sativa and a 33% Sativa. A well rounded selection of strains and I am excited about having them.
About out of the '150' I am smoking with my one hitter now just drooling about having a big joint one day. I'll have to wait another 4-5-6 weeks but it will be worth it.

My gratitude to the M. Passion forum people.
'God is Great Sabu'

The Poet

Latest posts

Back