Power Outage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmToTable

Reaction score
Just curious what people do in the event of a power outage during flowering? I live in an area where winter can bring power outages and this is making me lean towards autos for my next grow...but I want to grow, clone, and keep a couple mammas.

Any ideas or thoughts would be cool!

:icon_smile:

I'm with Weedhopper - generators have saved my grow in the past. Worth every penny ....

I've been planning on looking into a generator. I only run a 600w room with 4 or 5 at a time. I think of generators on larger grows...but hey, if I don't want to lose what I've got going it makes sense. Light leaks into the dark period are bad, what if a dark period is extended because of an outage?

I got five gerbles and couple hamsters runnin a wheel ;)

Ooops no disrespect to yual Hamster just yankin ankle! LOL

BWD

Speaking of Hamster, he just went thru no power from storm Sandy. His plants stretched he said. I hope he stops in to tell you. I think he said he was without for 3 or 4 days. He showed pictures and the stretch wasn't as bad as i would think. But, if losing power is normal for you get a generator.

Ive lost power in the past....heres my thaughts....

if your power is going to go out and you know it does..turn off all lights to rooms...here we have the power come on then off ...a few times while they fixing the issue....power on/off is bad for ballasts...

power will be out for more than a few cycles....a few years back we had power go out for a few days...I went in with large flash light and gave them some light 12 hrs....I got stretch from this as well..but it wasnt the lack of light that did my grow in...it was the freezing cold for a few days...

take care and be safe

I have a generator, but generally do not start it up unless the power outage is expected to be or is out for over 12 hours. I keep a Coleman lantern to put into my grow room if the lights go out and it is lights on until I decide whether to start the generator. It will provide some light and some heat, since most outages are in winter.

Thanks guys- the lantern/ light is a good idea. As far as warmth is concerned...I might have to move her up by the Woodstove...with a lantern near by.

Would you try to have the lantern come on when the power went off ( assuning you're home) or can I put a lantern on it UNTIL the power comes on, even if longer than 12 hours..and start with 12/12 again when power is on? In other words...the only lighting mishap that will cause a lot of stress to the plant is a light leak.

Sorry. Just want to have my rescue plan, just incase...and incase I don't get a generator.

Latest posts

Back