Preparing Chocolope Grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redeye88

Reaction score
Just got my seeds in the mail... I'm planning on planting 3 feminized chocolope seeds as well as one feminized sour cream seed that i got free with my order from attitude...

I'm using 400w MH & HPS bulbs for the grow, 5 gal containers with fox farm ocean forest as well as fox farm organic nutrients..

My plan is to buy rapid rooters and germinate my seeds that way.. I've never done it before so I'm a little nervous. I'm thinking that when the seeds crack/sprout in the rapid rooters, i plant RR directly into a small container with a soil w/ less nutrients than Ocean Forest..

This is the part Im worried about the most.. I f*****g hate having to transplant from one container into another...it completely freaks me out and i always think im going to hurt or kill the plant..

~~~Does anyone out there do this sort of process? using rapid rooters to germinate seeds, then plant in a small container, and later transplant into a 5 gallon?? Please advise

I use a starter tray with clear cover, then a 1 gallon container then 3 or 5 gallon container. The trick to an easy transplant from a 1 gallon to a 5 gallon is to let the 1 gallon dry out so it stays together when transplanting. If it is wet it will fall apart easily. Your one gallon should be almost root bound before transplanting. Place your hand over the top of the 1 gallon pot with the plant stem between your 2nd and 3rd fingers, flip it upside down sqeeze the pot a little to break it loose from the roots, then flip it back over into your 5 gal. The real trick is in letting it dry out.

4finger, when u first plant your germinated seeds into soil, what kind of soil do u use? is it bad to use a organic soil with some plant food/nutrients? or does it have to be some kind of seedling starter soil with absolutely nothing in it?

It doesn't really matter, redeye. I use a premixed coco substrate for everything.

redeye88 said:
4finger, when u first plant your germinated seeds into soil, what kind of soil do u use? is it bad to use a organic soil with some plant food/nutrients? or does it have to be some kind of seedling starter soil with absolutely nothing in it?

Be careful with some of those organic soils...I used some MG organic soil at the beginning of my current grow and had fried seedlings galore... I only use Miracle Grow Seedling soil now...it is very gentle and promotes strong root growth....

GREEN MOJO to you....I will be pulling up a seat...I hve a soft spot for this strain...been wanting to grow it for awhile now...good luck...

Latest posts

Back