Prepping for second grow, need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonyfresh

Reaction score
First off I would like to thank those who have posted so much priceless information. I wouldn't be about to harvest some nice looking buds in a homegrown drip hydo with cfl lighting. That girl looks about ready to pop.

I am into my 8th week flowering some bagseed. It is going suprisingly well. What I would like to know is if you think I should put two plants, a clone from my first grow (it's is vegging now) and a skunkberry seedling, in a mutual container. I would be putting these in the same container which is a 5 gallon hydro with drip and hydroton for the medium.

One possiblity is that they are both female. Goody
The second possibility is that the skunkberry is a male and I end up with a knocked up female plant. The seeds are welcomed.

I guess what I am asking is logistically is it ok to mingle the roots? Should I put some sort of divider in the medium when I clean up after harvest? Lighting should be fine I have about 12,000 lumens worth of cfl in a 2'x2' area.

Also, should I axe the male after the deed or use it for hash? Will the decaying root from a dead male adversely affect the female?

Thanks for your time I look foreward to the replys

Well, I can help with the first question... Roots becoming intertwined is 100% natural and definitely not a bad thing to have happen. I had two mother plants in one DWC system. When I put them into flower, I wanted to transplant into soil. I had to pull each individual root out of the knotted ball for about ten minutes. But, the roots were strong and healthy so it was not at all harmful to the plant. So, in short, don't put a divider in your res.. It is definitely not necessary. Post up some pics!

Latest posts

Back