Problem with nutes settling in water and clogging air stones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
I have been using fox farms line up for hydroponics for a while now. I have not tride the sledge hammer line up yet but since i was thinking about it, I wanted to see what anyone has experienced.

Also, i have a question.

How often do you stir up the water in your dwc bucket?

I have noticed that everything settles in my buckets within a day. It has now caused me to have to buy more air stones. This will be my third set now, I have another 1.5 months to go.

I know you can clean them but I have not seen much on this being a problem or alot on it in the forum unless i am not typing it correctly in the search. But i wonder maybe if i am not mixing up my nute mix long enough. I mix it up by shaking the gallon up for a minute or two, let it sit for a minute then repeat. then if not the next day the third for sure everything settles.

no need to stir buckets..ya changing them out every week with new bucket?...and I gave up on the air stone and went with the check valve by itself...just my opinion...I feel it helps mix the crap better than air stone as well...hope this helps

:48:

I think you are right.. I only used one stone instead of two this time and by just using the check valve the water seems to get mixed more as the air is more agressive than from the air stone.

I am going to try gh nutes this time as well. I thought i heard you only need to use two of the general hydroponic flora nutes is that true? if so, what nutes do i need and which one dont i need? thanks

Some of the different nute brands don't do so well in hydro as they are too thick or not made fine enough to stay mixed in the solution. The GH Flora has a lot of success in hydro for many people, and if you are in flowering then you only need the Micro and Bloom parts. During the veg period, many people use the Grow or use a different brand of grow like the Flora Nova. I personally love the Advanced Nutrients' Jungle Juice 3part. It is very similar to the Flora.

If you don't have PH and PPM meters, you need to get them asap as hydro lives and dies by PH. :)

Get a nute line that dissolves well or get liquid nutes.

Latest posts

Back