QUESTION: how do I know pollenation has occurred

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mgfcom

Since it's been about a week since I started pollenating, how do I know if they have taken? Not only do I actively bring pollen to the pistils, but I also see sacs are opening and pollen is breezing through the air. Sometimes when I touch the male the pollen shakes off and about.

Since I don't want all buds full of seeds (I would be happy even with 50 mature seeds), when can I kill this male (and smoke him of course)? I would like to free up the plant pot for the two females that remain and also free up the space so all the light concentrates on them.

Thanks.

mgfcom said:
how do I know pollenation has occurred

They usually seem a happy flower at first, then slowly they seem to change, they seem to be wanting, as if your not giving them enough.

Your time is no longer what they need, they need you to make them safe, they need you to keep them warm and fed to a point of exploding.

If you water them wrong with not only watering, but wrongly whispering how they look beautiful as they grow for you, your in for trouble.

She will suddenly burst a gasket and roar her furure at you, you will not only see her throw scissors, knives, anything glass and also the odd chair, frying pan and anything not nailed down.

Thats about all I can tell you about the facts of pollinating a female.

But if your talking Mary ...

Thats a different story ;)

The way you describe this scenario is the air is full of pollen, all receptive female glands will be pollinated, its too late to remove the male before all pollination has occured.

I would like to free up the plant pot for the two females that remain

Explain that please ^^^

:peace:

The air in your grow area is full of pollen if males are popping their flowers. Just about all colas will have seeds.
Pistles (hairs) will pull into gland at their base. You will see swelling of gland as seeds develop.

wow, thank you both very sincerely! Those were both very meaningful replies to me.

Wow, that first one was exciting and needs to be reread!

The second one describes what I see happening: what looks like seed pods at the bottom of the now-orange pistils. If the air is full of this pollen and each white pistil is pollenated, then I still don't see them turning orange and swelling up at bottom.

To answer a question: I don't want to remove the male until I am sure she is pollenated. The other female I think I will trim and smoke and then try to regenerate her (..."because it's there!")

But since 98% of the pistils are still juicy-white, and not dry-orange or dry-white, how do I know that she is 1000% pregnant? It has been about 5 years since my last successful-to-complete-harvest grow, and how do I know that those seed-pods are not just the places that would otherwise be empty pods making room for other internal growth?

Are you saying (first reply) that she is going to show slow progress for a while and then suddenly burst forth in activity of phat bud growth??

Just leave the male with the female til he stops flowering(male do have true flowers) then let female completely rippen(amber triches) the seeds will be fromed. You will see seed pods every where, you can always pop-out one to see if it is a mature seed..

Shake some of the pollen into a bag and store in a cool dry place, then do as you wish with the male. If properly stored, pollen should keep for weeks. If you're really not sure, just keep pollenating daily/weekly/whenever you feel the urge until you are sure. Most likely, every female in there is quite knocked up by now.

EDIT: just read the post above mine... that works too.

How long is this? Do I leave the male there for 8 weeks?

ozzydiodude said:
Just leave the male with the female til he stops flowering(male do have true flowers) then let female completely rippen(amber triches) the seeds will be fromed. You will see seed pods every where, you can always pop-out one to see if it is a mature seed..

If you've pollen flying about you can see I'd remove your males now as you'll have way more than the 50 seeds you want as one male pollen sac can potentially pollinate hundreds if not thousands of calyxes.

So pull the boys as you've hundreds of seeds forming already.:watchplant:

rockster, if all of these calyxs/pistils are already pollenated, why aren't they all shrivelling up orange with seed-pod swelling at bottom? I am afraid to cut down the male now if the lady is not yet pollenated because then I won't have seeds and I will have to spend another 100 USD to order new genetics and risk getting confiscated.

A few days ago I started seeing white seeds in the seed pods. My girl is pregnant!

mgfcom said:
rockster, if all of these calyxs/pistils are already pollenated, why aren't they all shrivelling up orange with seed-pod swelling at bottom? I am afraid to cut down the male now if the lady is not yet pollenated because then I won't have seeds and I will have to spend another 100 USD to order new genetics and risk getting confiscated.

OR,

You could harvest the pollen, in either a plastic baggie or do it up really nice and put it into a film container and put it in the fridge.

Like your supposed to...

OR...

You could totally disregard my advice and try to ruffle my feathers.

QUESTION: how do I... 03-20-2009 02:36 PM You are just a condescending *******.

I also don't appreciate the potty mouth, I'm sure your GOD wouldn't either.

mgfcom I've been away a few days,how you piss in everybody cherro's? To have every top dog nipping at your throat, you must have thrown common sence out the window. The people that take the time to answer your questions have exp. in the area of your question. If you have documented proof post it! We are all here to learn from each other.

you got it backwards, dude. read all the posts in context. who hijacked whose thread? Who accepted as valid others' advice and experience, and simply asks that others don't belligerently berate flame and bash me for doing things differently?

RE: proof - will not post here at this forum. I will post the proof on another forum. I have offered to send it privately via e-mail to a few select who have been nice?

And what makes a top dog? the most posts here? Those who have uploaded the most pictures? That is nonsense.

mgfcom said:
RE: proof - will not post here at this forum. I will post the proof on another forum. I have offered to send it privately via e-mail to a few select who have been nice?

Re: Re: Proof.

Post a link.

I think after what you have posted here you are obligated to prove SOMETHING at least...

...mgfcom....

14. You will, if asked by a representative of the Forums, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed inappropriate by the staff of the Forums.
..As an official representative, I'm asking you now, to cease posting 100% false information. It is not only misleading to a new grower attempting to learn, but is counter productive to the healthy educational environment that we want to keep in tact here..

:yeahthat: Can't go around spouting nonsense like spontaneously created sub soil seedlings and general plant mutilation,male plant worship and other voodoo!

It's unwholesome!:eek:

Hick said:
...mgfcom...As an official representative, I'm asking you now, to cease posting 100% false information. It is not only misleading to a new grower attempting to learn, but is counter productive to the healthy educational environment that we want to keep in tact here..
Hey Hick, thanks for the strong advice to our new MP member. mgfcom, your refusal to post what you say is your proof makes anyone who reads your posts wonder why an adult would spitefully deny the one thing that would prove their argument.

The other factor is the email thing. Everyone on this group is aware of the inherent dangers of sending their personal contact information to ANYONE. There really is no such thing as an anonymous email address. Most are sponsored in the west and contain records of true IP addresses that would link a person to their real home address and name if the cops want to use the info.

Please stop asking anyone on this group to provide you with their email address. It's not only against the rules here, but again, makes me wonder why you would want personal contact information with the growers here.

You've mentioned several things that just don't add up. You say you've grown "thousands of seedlings", but in another thread, you mention having only grown one type of weed. You offer advice in still other threads that shows your lack of experience in growing.

I've held my tongue on this situation long enough. You've shown that you are a person who makes things up.

I suggested that you start over with a new user name. Now I'll again be more blunt. Just leave and don't come back. You've disrupted the group long enough with all this nonsense you're spouting about things that are factually impossible and you and I both know never happened.

I've been growing weed for more than 45 years. I flat guarantee you that you cannot mention a single thing about growing weed, genetics of weed or the plant systems contained within the plant that I haven't studied. When I say studied, I mean from published papers written by scientists, not some person no one ever heard of that thinks they have something that defies everything known about marijuana.

You've posted enough misinformation on this group to spark my anger. I'm going to look at every single post you make from this point onward and point out every incorrect bit of bullcrap you post.

How about if you take your misinformation to another group? I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say I'm tired of the drama and baloney you're spreading here.

You're obviously a new grower with hardly any experience. Your posts about what you've done show this. Please stop insulting us with your pretence of being an experienced grower. It isn't being believed by anyone that knows better.

Since you won't create another persona, then you leave the REAL experienced growers here no choice but to monitor your posts and point out every instance of your pretending to know things you obviously don't.

I've never told anyone what I've just said to you. Ever. I would never say things like this to anyone unless pushed to my limit.

Now quit the nonsense and stop pretending to be something you're not.

You don't want to challenge me on the subject of growing. I'll make you look more foolish than you've managed to do for yourself.

Please, come back as another member or just leave. You've caused enough trouble here.

And stop telling people to send you their email addresses.

Stoney.

Latest posts

Back