Question on timing in FLORIDA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mal_crane

Reaction score
Theoretically, If I had planted seeds near the Daytona area in October / November, wouldn't they have grown by a 12/12 light schedule? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way? Would they have grown at all? I don't know much about growing in Florida and how much sun the state gets. Anyone living in Florida area understand what I'm saying?

In case anyone doesn't understand, I visit Florida twice a year. Would it be at all feasible to grow a crop from October - March? Also what about March - October? What are the light schedules for FLA during these times of the year?

lowrydergrower775 said:
did you plant a couple plants in florida or what?

I put seeds out in the end of october, but I only visit the state for work twice a year, would they have grown? Or would it be more feasible to plant seeds in March and let them grow through October?

No, they would have just been uncared-for outdoor plants, but they would have been in an area that gets plenty of light and water. I know it is possible to grow plants outside without any care, as I've seen it done; just wondering if they grew, would they be in flower or in veg in FLA?

Anyone got any info about how many hours of daylight Florida gets throughout the year?

:rofl: Nevermind I'm stoned! Lol ... I figured it out once my brain started working again ...

Well at least I think I got it figured out but would still like a floridian's opinion, was this winter too cold for plants to continue growing outdoors around the Daytona area? I read that temps reached 47 at some point. Would this kill the plant or just slow it's growth and stress it?

Plants would only get a couple inches tall and then bud if planted that late. If planted in march they would be a lot better off but they might not do a lot without any care. If you had a plant started and set out before the other weeds got started then it might make something. But in my growing, plants don`t do much without care. Not imposable but not likely.

hi i can tell ya about temps if you start in march you will be find..... for the next the lows are not getting pass 50's... so bye march the lows will be around 60's

p.s im in fla

Thanks ann! I only threw the seeds down for an experiment at the time and just remembered that there could be a chance that something came out of it. So would planting in March give a harvest by October / November in that area?

I agree. Should be just fine. Pray though for those girls they'll need it! Good luck.
slim

GRRRRRRRR.. sorry malcrane.. try it now :)

Latest posts

Back