questiono

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i figured those would suck for it, but awesome man. thanks. i got those everywhere in my house.

and i have a tubeish light thing, super ultraviolet, im pretty sure i read uv lights were bad for it, but then again the sun puts out uv rays. use that or energy saver lights?

oh and actually, we got the stupid round energy saver lights, those work the same?

and whats a cfl?

the plant actually fully grows new sets of leaves about everyweek. dont know what you mean by stretching, by my guess would be the main stem just keeps growing without making new leaves, but im not quite sure.

btw thanks iClown, your helping me more than anyone has. people on here to seem to want to help me much. they always just tell me either to pull the plug on it or get mad bc i got a setup at my moms house. which i understand that, and thats why i wanna hurry this up. im not worried about getting busted at all. no one knows its there.

cfl = hXXp://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0WTb_q544tJk8UATWOJzbkF?p=cfl+bulb&fr=slv8-frz6&ei=utf-8&x=wrt

change XX to tt :D good luck

i always thought cfls were some expensive light.

ill buy one monday or tuesday when i get some cash.
what watts should i go for for 2 plants?

CFL's stand for compact floresent and no its not worst then the light you use now because it is one of the only lights that work on marijuana plants. these are the only lights that work with growing marijuana:

MH
HPS
CFL
Floresents
LED
and the sun
---------------
see ,each light puts out a certain spectrum ( the sun puts out all the colours of the rainbow ) and to grow pot you need to use the red and blue spectrum ( only plants see spectrum, we cant ) and the only lights that put out red/blue spectrum are the ones I listed above, incadesent bulbs put out purple or something else that is useless to mj plants.

For two plants I would buy the 42 watt ones, and then make or buy a reflector type thingy to help aim the light. Remember, you need blue spectrum for vegetation, and red for flowering, so buy 1 of each, Warm white and soft white.. Im not sure if the round energy saver ones work, I only know that the twisty ones work, good luck bro.

iClown said:
CFL's stand for compact floresent and no its not worst then the light you use now because it is one of the only lights that work on marijuana plants. these are the only lights that work with growing marijuana:

MH
HPS
CFL
Floresents
LED
and the sun
---------------
see ,each light puts out a certain spectrum ( the sun puts out all the colours of the rainbow ) and to grow pot you need to use the red and blue spectrum ( only plants see spectrum, we cant ) and the only lights that put out red/blue spectrum are the ones I listed above, incadesent bulbs put out purple or something else that is useless to mj plants.

For two plants I would buy the 42 watt ones, and then make or buy a reflector type thingy to help aim the light. Remember, you need blue spectrum for vegetation, and red for flowering, so buy 1 of each, Warm white and soft white.. Im not sure if the round energy saver ones work, I only know that the twisty ones work, good luck bro.

i got white walls in the closet, and ive heard that reflects, and that people also use aluminum foil as a reflector. so ill probably do that too, tape it around. i got the plants sitting in a emptied fish tank, and the closet has no door so i had a sheet up covering, then i ended up hanging 2 blankets and thumb tacked and used darts to hold them in place and to light proof them.

thanks for everything.

dont use the foil. keep the white it seems to be the best bet. im very new to growing myself man but all ive learned since ive started is just to learn more. so thats the best advice i could give. i do know that incandescents are garbage. but if your planning on doing the switch to CFLs keep in mind that you need ALOT of them. thats the mistake i made. so im runnin out and buying a 400w today. hopefully it will make my grow turn around for the better. good luck

Well you dont need that many, I harvested 3 plants with just 4 cfls, had to give the bottom buds more time to harvest then the top buds though.

Oh yeah and I didnt make this clear so CFL = those twisty energy saver lights.

Also, you can make a really cool and easy reflector with a pop can, I'm sure there is a thread about it somewhere in the DIY section of this website.

yo iclown would it work if i just cut out a bunch of those from the pop can, just make them into like bigger ones but completely flat and place them wherever?

i need the foil atleast on the inside of the tank the plants are sitting in to cover the glass.

and yeah i dont know how to go about getting 3 more light holders, so idk how this is gonna work out but ill figure it out, i always do. gotta use good lighting, so i need to.

iClown said:
Well you dont need that many, I harvested 3 plants with just 4 cfls, had to give the bottom buds more time to harvest then the top buds though.

Oh yeah and I didnt make this clear so CFL = those twisty energy saver lights.

Also, you can make a really cool and easy reflector with a pop can, I'm sure there is a thread about it somewhere in the DIY section of this website.
did you post any pictures??..
I think it is a well known fact that mj "can" be flowered under cfls, but when compared to HID, watt per watt/gram per gram.. HID always wins hands down...

OldPainless said:
:bong:I don't believe this thread has gotten anywhere:eek:

:postpicsworthless:
:tokie::yay::confused2::48:

and see thats where your wrong lol. my problems solved.

school boy if you have any old lamps laying around, usually when you break or take apart the frame, its just a cord with a socket, I did this with some lamps that were collecting dust.

yeah, i knew that but i only thought about it with one old lamp. but got thrown away.

ill figure it out. theres actually a lamp beside me now that hasnt been used in atleast 2 years but i think its there for decoration.

going to walmart tomorrow, ill do some price examining on loads of things while im there, and some buying.

im thinking the plants are about to die, i hope not, but the biggest fell over yesterday, so id say thats a good sign its gonna **** out... im hoping for the best but I dont wanna be too disappointed when they die. A bad mood for a week is bad enough haha.

oh and the new leaves usually start popping up from the center on top, but this time they are to the left(on a stem to the last set of leaves that grew), and thats odd. is that something i should worry about.

i know the plant leaning should really worry me, but thats just plain confusing. I think i got a deformie. haha.

Use the biggest CFL you can they go up to 100w to 150 and 200w I think but you can get the small ones for lamps around the house that are 42w for like 10 bucks at a home depot or something similar. Find a "Y" so you can screw in two at a time, or screw in 2 "Y"s into a "Y" for using 4 42w bulbs so you can surround one plant, remember to get the lights as close as possible without letting it touch or you will burn the leaves or buds which is BAD! I had one plant with 8 42w bulbs on it and got a decent amount of bud but it was very wispy and airy. Great smoke dont get me wrong but since then HPS lamps are way way better. With HPS lamps you get High Times quality buds!

Hey man those light say"will make plants appear healthy.Appear is the key. They do nothing more than cause heat and give plants the illusion of being greener. Go cfl and hid
In fact you would do better to use window light.

kalikisu said:
Hey man those light say"will make plants appear healthy.Appear is the key. They do nothing more than cause heat and give plants the illusion of being greener. Go cfl and hid
In fact you would do better to use window light.
what lights say will make plants appear healthy?? or the one i got now?

major question. right now.

i bought a cfl, one of the 42watts like you said. but the other guy on here said gotta use alot of them. i was trying to decide this while i was at walmart but, the 42watts is equal to 150watts of normal light and thats almost triple what i was running on. so i just bought one for now.

should i get some more of them? how many watts would you say i should use for my 2 plants?

okay go read the lights thread. yo it says dont be fooled by what it says. its 42 watts. you need a couple of them trust me i had to upgrade hardcore cause i didnt have enough of em. the more light the better always. but with the cfls you gotta always have something to put em in like a fixture and you need alot of them so its a hassle. thats why you should consider moving up to a 400 watt at least HPS.
but if you want to stick with CFLs cause they are not bad at all, then grab as many as you can always guy. good luck

well how many watts should i go for in cfl minimum range and like the low watt range not the imitation watts.

whats hps stand for, and how much do they cost?

apparently they have like 150 + watts cfls now. but you gotta figure where your going to put them.. and hps stands for High Pressure Sodium. it gives off a red orange spectrum of light. which is good for flowering but still gives amazing results all the way through. a 400 watt hps is around 200 dollars. mine was 230 or something. but research on these lights as much as you can. theyre intense. and theyll cost you on your electric bill. but they get the job done.

Latest posts

Back