Quick Drying a bud?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just snipped a lil piece off my two in flowering now that are nearing finish. I wanted to try the smoke out to see if it was good yet or if I wanted to let the trichs amber up a lil more. What would be the best way to dry this little snip so that I could test it?

I use my oven on it's lowest setting 175 I believe and put the buds to be quick dried in a paper bag that I punch one or two holes in with a knife. Then I put the bag in the oven and check it after 15 mins and then every 10 mins after till it is dry enough to smoke.

Depends on How quick u wanna dry it, microwave is fastest but gives ure bud an awful smell, oh and if u go that route, only 5 ta 10 seconds at a time then flip, I justlike to leave mine under a light about a foot away all night

Well I dont have any paper bags so I cut up a 2 liter box made it bag shaped lol and cut some holes in it. You think this will work i got the oven preheating now.

I really dont want to try the microwave it doesnt seem like a great idea lol.

:) :)
This is funny. We're both up to the same thing.:joint:
I took the smaller buds and put them in a little paper box ,i made, then set it on my modem or router they both heat enough to dry out in a few hours.Unless your in a REAL hurry.;)
I thought about the oven or mic too but i was reading up on curing and the general idea is that it takes time, the more the better, so i thought about the slowest heat i could think of.
I guess just to have something going ,just about anything that works,......works! If ya know what i mean.

Lemon Jack said:
Well I dont have any paper bags so I cut up a 2 liter box made it bag shaped lol and cut some holes in it. You think this will work i got the oven preheating now.

I really dont want to try the microwave it doesnt seem like a great idea lol.

That shld work LJ....I don't like doing the microwave thing either. Stuff gets to hot to quick in it. I always felt like I was destroying some of the trichs when I use the microwave. Another thing I do when I hve more time is lay the bud on top of my standard reflector while it is on. Usually takes a cpl hours that way. Jmo

Well thanks Hammy that worked fine. I can't believe how good it was just for bagseed lol. I guess I might chop this weekend :) I hope so. . . .

Lemon Jack said:
Well thanks Hammy that worked fine. I can't believe how good it was just for bagseed lol. I guess I might chop this weekend :) I hope so. . . .

Glad it worked out for ya bro....

Ya well the bud was good but that hermi got me :( bad In the one lil popcorn bud i snipped it had 3 small immature seeds in it so its looking like some seedy seedy bud :(. Its all I got for the next 8-10 weeks though so it'll have to do

See, now i wouldnt be disappointed by that too much. An excellent opportunity to get a good stock of seeds, right? I can't remember what you were growing but if it still good , the seeds are a bonus.

Solanero said:
See, now i wouldnt be disappointed by that too much. An excellent opportunity to get a good stock of seeds, right? I can't remember what you were growing but if it still good , the seeds are a bonus.
Well it was pollinated by a hermi and it was just some good bagseed, and it was a late hermi so really all there is is a bunch of whit immature seeds so bust all the way arounf

Yah, i guess nothing good could come from hermi. Rats!:(

I'll take some buds for sampling tonight, I still think they need 2-3 weeks, but being my first grow I want to make it in small steps.
So yeah, I'm having same issue :D.

I cut my buds up as if ready to roll, then leave sit on the open tray for a few to several hours. It'll dry up slower than the oven, but will taste a bit better and you'll get a good idea how it is at this point!

Well today I tried a different method to try a snip off of the other plant. I put a piece of paper above a lamp and sat it on there it dried real well in about an hour. Unfortunatley the bud here is not ready. When I snipped it I noticed it was really fluffy. All the trichs are only clear no cloudy at all. It still has a really green smell kinda most of the pistils are still white (95%) So I think its gonna be another 2 weeks prob but anywho This was a great way to dry the bud.

Latest posts

Back