Quick Gh nutes question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
This will be the fifth time I typed this so my patience is gone. No I am running a dwc setup using GH flora 3part. I am replacing water in my res up to 3gals using distilled 0 ppm water. I am using 1/2 strength, and these are the recomended amounts per GH:
Micro-2tsp/gal(10ml) x3gal=30ml
Gro-3tsp/gal(15ml) x3gal=45ml
Bloom-1tsp/gal(5ml) x3gal=15ml

Now these are the measurements I used
Micro-15ml
Gro- 22.5ml
Bloom-7.5ml

So my ppms are at 640, is that right? It seems to high for some reason. Thanks guys/gals!

Whether or not the PPM is too high or not depends on the stage of growth the plants are in. I'm not that well versed in PPM desirables, but I don't believe that is too high.

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
Whether or not the PPM is too high or not depends on the stage of growth the plants are in. I'm not that well versed in PPM desirables, but I don't believe that is too high.
Thanks, I did forget to mention, four are on day 21 veg and four are day 10.

You should be fine. I used the 3 part at half strength, exactly as you describe. I would boil my awful tap water for 20 minutes, let it sit in a sealed container overnight, and then mix it with the half strength nutes you describe. So even though I never checked PPM's when I was using the 3 part I was starting with 0 PPM water just like you are. You should have no problems, I did not. Just keep a close on your girls and flush with plain water for a day or two if you start to notice any orange or burnt leaf tips.
But doing the method you described worked great for me and I was not checking PPM's at the time, although I am sure mine were similar. If your plants start to fade (the dark green turning more yellow), just slowly increae your nutes over the next few days till the dark green returns.
Strains are so different, some love the nutes, some not so much.

They seem to be reacting very well. I was really worried about the little ones, but they look like they were hungry. Growth is crazy fast with this DWC.

Do not boil your water. When you boil your water you are just concentrating the salts, minerals and metals. The good distilled water is vaporizing into steam.

pcduck said:
Do not boil your water. When you boil your water you are just concentrating the salts, minerals and metals. The good distilled water is vaporizing into steam.

Pcduck is right, boiling only kills biological contents/contaminants. Even distilling won't remove all mineral content unless done repeatedly and under the right conditions. If you want 0ppm, pure water you need to use reverse osmosis.

MPB

Boiling your water also removes most of the DO in your water.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Boiling your water also removes most of the DO in your water.
DO? Dissolved O2? I buy distilled and so far my ppms have been 0-1 in two res changes. Can't wait for RO water.

Latest posts

Back