quick light question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMachine90

Smokin' Good ; )
Reaction score
ok so a few days ago i found out that i got my first girl ever : )).. right now i am using 3 26w, a 29w and a 1ft floro, its grow space is roughly 1ftX11/2ft. i plan on purchasing 1 or 2 100 watt cfls sometime this week, my question is how much longer would i be able to go without the 100watters? the plant is about 12 inches tall now and was only wegged for 1 week and is now on its 17 day of flower, just starting to develop its hairs, can't throw up pics till tomorrow cuz she is sleeping but will also put one up soon as i can.. if you need any more info just let me know guys, thanks in advaanced!

I don't want you to hate me, but those lights are not really effective. You need an HPS (High Pressure Sodium) lamp. Trust me it will be worth the coin. HPS lamps are designed to deliver light to FLOWERING plants that is from the part of the light spectrum that flowering plants need. Flowering plants want specifically RED, and BLUE light, less Green. HPS lamps concentrate on the reds and blues. Go with and HPS, it will be worth the difference in finished product.
-Jack Diesel-

i know i got my income tax return coming in a few weeks, im grabbing a 250w soon as i get it , i feel it will be fine for just one plant right now.. but till then gotta work with these ya know?

get them as close as you can about 1" from the plant.

dxh was right about amount of light and that hps is better for flowering b/c it emits more reds but mh is better for veg b/c it emits more blues

5000 lumens psf of grow space.;) You need Aprox 20,000 lumens which is about,, 8 (42 watt) CFL's at 2700 lumens,,if in flower use 2700K. They have them at Lowes. Purtty cheap.

ok thanks guys, yeah the ones in there now are as close as they possibly can get lol, i figure if i get the 2 100watters tomorrow that should keep me alright until i pick up my 250 hps in about 2 weeks

GreenMachine90 said:
ok so a few days ago i found out that i got my first girl ever : )).. right now i am using 3 26w, a 29w and a 1ft floro, its grow space is roughly 1ftX11/2ft. i plan on purchasing 1 or 2 100 watt cfls sometime this week, my question is how much longer would i be able to go without the 100watters? the plant is about 12 inches tall now and was only wegged for 1 week and is now on its 17 day of flower, just starting to develop its hairs, can't throw up pics till tomorrow cuz she is sleeping but will also put one up soon as i can.. if you need any more info just let me know guys, thanks in advaanced!

1x1.5 feet? you should be fine until you get your HPS light...If you can, make sure your box is painted flat white, or lined with mylar. I'd suggest keeping those CFL's around 3" from the tops of your plants. I've had them spring up over night on me, and be touching the bulbs in the morning, so I try to keep mine around that far out. Especially once flowering, they have a tendancy to jump on ya, if you've got good growth going. However, you're gonna need more space once you get yer HPS. I don't know what kinda headspace you're working with, but yer gonna need to keep that HPS about 2' maybe 3' away from the tops of your plants, and they will get pleanty tall with a nice wand (or however many cola's your plants may have, depending on how you topped and or fimmed). I'm guessing 'wegged' means vegged...1 week of Veg from seed? Or from a clone taking roots? I'd guess at 1 week of veg, if your plant is 12" tall, you've got some stretching issues going on. Pics do help though, post one when you can, and maybe i'll re-iterate some of this last long-winded paragraph.

Killertea08 said:
get a 400w dude you will love yourself at harvest time!

A 400w would work with the right cooling. Maybe a little over kill for a grow space that is only 1.5 sqft.

well im using a closet that once i do get the hps i will have basically to my room for my intentions lol i think it is 5 foot deep 3 1/2w and 8 feet high, but i only tend to flower 1 to 2 plants at a time so i figured i will cut the area down and the 250 would be fine, but knowing me if i got the money i will prob get the 400w lol right now i have it confined because of the little light i am using, it is boxed in with mylar in the corner of the closet that is why it is such a small place becuase i know the lighting isn't much, still got as much head room as i would need though..

im going to throw up a pic in a minute..

0210091316.jpg

0210091315.jpg

Get those CFL's up above the plant, so that the light is shining down ontop of the leaves, thats where the photosynthasis happens ;) That's how it feeds yer children. Other than that, you look pretty craptastic, and should be fine until you get yer new lightage... Definately go for the 400 watter, in the forementioned closet space, just make sure you're well vented, and you'll be aces

Latest posts

Back