Quick Q for storing seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle244948

Reaction score
I just got my AK-48 seeds from dr chronic:D and I dont plan on growing these until after x mas since I am still on my first grow of bagseed. I have heard to stick them into the freezer for storage but Im not sure about that. Can anyone tell me where a good place is to store them. Maybe just in a cool dark drawer??? Thanks for the help!:ccc:

I keep mine in a film canister in a drawer I dont open too often so they arent bouncing around. If I am storing for over a year I put em in a film canister in the freezer. Film Canisters work great for me.

kyle244948 said:
I just got my AK-48 seeds from dr chronic:D and I dont plan on growing these until after x mas since I am still on my first grow of bagseed. I have heard to stick them into the freezer for storage but Im not sure about that. Can anyone tell me where a good place is to store them. Maybe just in a cool dark drawer??? Thanks for the help!:ccc:
You got it man. Store those babies in a cool dry dark place.

In my book it says:
Keep seeds between 35 and 40 degrees F. And humidity less than 5%. It says to use the fridge. Don't know about using colder, may be fine but does not say. And to add one of those silica packs, like the ones in jerky pouches that say "do not eat".

I used to store them in the freezer with relatively good succes. But I've read that "frozen" seeds are more fragile and should be packed well so they can't 'bounce' around, as it can damage the viability.
I now prefer to use the "crisper" drawer of the 'ftidge. A film vile, or other airtight container, with a few grains of white rice or a descicant pack from a pill bottle. Into the crisper.
They will remain viable for several years.

Latest posts

Back