Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rose!

Looking great. Your WW new growth is loooking good. Old leaf damage doesn't repair itself, so the new growth is the key to seeing if you are working out the bugs. Have you got a pH on your water?

Anyway - your SQ are looking nice and fat. I mean 'phat'! Sure hope you get a female this time. All it takes is one, and you can clone all you want. So chin up!

What is the spectrum of your cfl's on your SQ's? Higher spectrum #'s (6500k) create a bluer to whiter light. This has shown to promote more of a female show on plants grown under them from seed. The light from MH also applies. A small drawback to using HPS with seedlings and small # of seeds planted. A greater opportunity to get males, and mess up your growplan, IMHO.

yo rdrose, the way the leafs are curling up slightly on both speed queens indicates maybe too much heat? Just a thought, nothing id be willin to bet on.

Hey Red Damn those ladies are looking great budding nice been a few since ive seen them and they have grown so much Your doing a great job No need for me to tell you what to do Especaily when i dont even listen to my self lol
Hope you have a great and safe new year:D see ya in 2008 latter

No need for me to tell you what to do Especaily when i dont even listen to my self lol

Thanks Sticky!!! You're too funny!! ;)

I took more pics yesterday, I'll try to get them downloaded today cause I know I won't be feeling much like it tomorrow!!! Happy New Year to you and yours', see ya next year!!!!
:D

Pot Belly said:
Hi Rose!

Looking great. Your WW new growth is loooking good. Old leaf damage doesn't repair itself, so the new growth is the key to seeing if you are working out the bugs. Have you got a pH on your water?

Anyway - your SQ are looking nice and fat. I mean 'phat'! Sure hope you get a female this time. All it takes is one, and you can clone all you want. So chin up!

Hi PB, Thanks for stopping by! Yep, I've got a ph on the water, 6.2. The leaves are looking somewhat better, I'm gonna post pics and a few observations later this afternoon.

What is the spectrum of your cfl's on your SQ's? Higher spectrum #'s (6500k) create a bluer to whiter light. This has shown to promote more of a female show on plants grown under them from seed.
I understand that a higher spectrum on cfl's may increase chances of females, but then again, I vegged the WW's under the same CFL's and got 3 out of 4 females... :confused:

Pics were taken Dec 30, 2007.

The WW's are coming along nicely, despite the magnesium deficiency (I believe) they have had to deal with since their first dose of flowering nutes.

Gotta be careful when fertilizing these WW girls, they are sensitive as I've discovered. In addition, I tend to agree with Pot Belly's observation in his Afghani grow re: the immaturity of the plants and root ball in these smaller grows may make it more difficult for the plants to process the flowering nutes.

I have not given them any more Tiger Bloom since I believe the dosage I gave them (per instructions on bottle, without taking into consideration the size, maturity of the plants) contributed to the damage.

I may do some foliar feeding with a weak solution very soon.

The trichomes on these ladies are about 50% cloudy, not much amber at all, I'll be keeping an eye on them over the next 2-3 weeks to decide when to chop them.

First pics (1 -6) are of the WW's.

The SQ's (7 - 10) are coming along, I gave them some FF Grow Big with some Superthrive shortly after these pics were taken and they are looking much better. They were screaming for nutes as you can see the yellowing of the bottom leaves. I have neglected them a bit over the past 10 days, family matters to deal with, daughter possibly coming home to live with us, etc, figuring out where I can move my grow since we don't need for her to know. I have figured out a location and and a rather unique 'room' and I will post pics when I have it all set up...:cool:

Wish all of you a Happy and Safe New Year celebration! See you ALL back here safe and sound tomorrow!!!! :D

Large WW.jpg

Sticky WW large.jpg

WW from the top.jpg

Nice WW bud pic.jpg

another WW bud.jpg

2 smaller WW's.jpg

4 SQ babies under veg lights.jpg

close up of SQ needs nutes.jpg

SQ 2.jpg

SQ 3.jpg

You sure got alot of soil to deal with. Do you reuse the soil or get new soil for each grow?

Happy New Year.

screwdriver said:
You sure got alot of soil to deal with. Do you reuse the soil or get new soil for each grow?

Happy New Year.

Hi there, SD. Re: the soil reuse, I am hesitant to reuse it for MJ, since I don't know what the nutrient levels might be at this point. So to answer your question, I will use new potting soil for each grow, I'm not into composting/reusing as I know that you are... ;)

I won't throw it away, we are always needing potting soil for starting tomatoes, peppers, etc for the summer garden, or for the house plants when we repot them. :)

Hey everyone, it's been too long!! Sorry I haven't been around to keep you all updated.

I've been trying to wrap my brain around the idea/fact that our adult children make choices that we can see are not good ones, and we can give them advice, but they don't have to accept it. :(

Anyway, my grow room will not be moved. And I will be posting pics this weekend, the WW's are growing well, the larger girl is getting very close to harvest, I am beginning to see some amber trichs on her and the colas are very dense and sticky. :hubba:

I put the SpeedQueen babies into flower last Friday, Jan. 4, should see some indication of sex fairly soon. Maybe by the time I take the pics, I'll know...:)

Awesome!! I hope you get some females rd rose, otherwise i might lose hope myself :( im doing a SQ grow and one dude on there said he had all 10 of his turn male so that kinda worried me :( -- but if you get some that'll boost my confidence/spirits :)

Good to hear from ya. Hope you get it worked out with the other situation. Looking forward to pics of your beauties.

PB:)

akirahz said:
Awesome!! I hope you get some females rd rose, otherwise i might lose hope myself :( im doing a SQ grow and one dude on there said he had all 10 of his turn male so that kinda worried me :( -- but if you get some that'll boost my confidence/spirits :)

Well, Ak, I'd say we are kinda in the same boat, I am worried about these SQ's being male as well, I have been looking at the little 'buds' that will soon become the flowers, and they are worrying me a little bit. :eek: I'll know in a few days.

:banana: :banana: im working the female dance for you Rose hope to see lots of girls in the garden :hubba:

WOW rd the girls are lookin great ,looks like you will be smokin preety soon and by the looks ur goona be smokin that good stuff

Dubbaman said:
:banana: :banana: im working the female dance for you Rose hope to see lots of girls in the garden :hubba:

:aok: :aok: Thanks Dubbaman!!!!!

Latest posts

Back