Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tom-Tom! I am surely hoping so!! :cool:

Hi Gangalama, thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow. :D

Akiharz, you're right, this is actually my 2nd grow...still have lots to learn, though!! :hubba:

awesome job on those girls enjoy!!!!
you can tell you put alot of love into those girls

Ah yes 1st "inside". Well as you can see there are many approaches to indoor growing, have fun discovering your favourite!

Thought I'd give you all an update, as promised. The WW's are doing very nicely, even if they don't look all that great! The bigger girl has some nice colas, thick and sticky. She will be ready before the two smaller ones. She may be ready to chop in another 2 weeks, but I don't want to chop her before I get her to the point of being the best she can be for me! :hubba:

Here are some pics of the WW's:

1-4 Big WW girl
5-8 Two sm WW's

I'll post the info re: the SQ's in the following post

Big WW girl.jpg

Lg WW colas.jpg

More lg WW colas.jpg

nice cola lg WW.jpg

3sm WW.jpg

Sm WW buds.jpg

Sm WW hps lite.jpg

@Sm WW.jpg

Whats going on RR. The ladies are coming right along and looking great. ;) Did you have a problem with nutes?

The Speed Queens were put into flower 12/12 on Friday, Jan 4th and are showing some pre-flowers but as of yet, I can't be sure if there are any females. (Does this sound like a re-run?) :eek: They have definitely begun to stretch since being placed in the grow room under the 400w HPS.

It would be nice to have a female and I continue on with the grow for another 6-8 weeks, but if no females... I can live with that and then I clean out the grow room, turn it back into a closet and start getting the house ready to sell!

All pics are of SQ's

SpeedQueen baby 1.jpg

SQ.jpg

SQ3.jpg

SQ4.jpg

SQ side.jpg

SQ4 side.jpg

SQ side2.jpg

SQ bud shot.jpg

Sq buds.jpg

SQ pre-flowers.jpg

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats going on RR. The ladies are coming right along and looking great. ;) Did you have a problem with nutes?

Sure did TBG!! They never really totally recovered from that. :(

oh no! I see male appendages in the last 3 pics. I hope that was one plant. Fingers crossed for ya on the other SQ's.

RDrose!!! hey hows it been?? im set up in the new house and waiting to put my light in when it get here tomorrow. your WW's are looking good how old are they now??? Hows the SQ treating you???? Hope everything turns out well for you. you take care

Did you flush them real good RR?

I thought I had, TBG, but maybe I should have been more thorough.... :confused: Is it too late?

Pot Belly said:
oh no! I see male appendages in the last 3 pics. I hope that was one plant. Fingers crossed for ya on the other SQ's.

Hey, PB! Yep, I think you're right!! Those are two different plants, still some possibilities for a female, but I honestly think they are all males again. :(

PB: What is the spectrum of your cfl's on your SQ's? Higher spectrum #'s (6500k) create a bluer to whiter light. This has shown to promote more of a female show on plants grown under them from seed. The light from MH also applies. A small drawback to using HPS with seedlings and small # of seeds planted. A greater opportunity to get males, and mess up your growplan, IMHO.

Maybe the lighting has an effect on the sex of certain strains and not others? My CFL's were not a high spectrum, and I ended up with 4/4 males in the last SQ grow, yet the White Widows, under the same lights, gave me 3/4 females. Makes you think.... :48:

Hey there BFOK!!! Good to see ya!! The WW ladies have been in flower for 52 days now. Getting some really nice, sticky colas on them, I'm pretty jazzed about the result even with the problems I've been having with the nutes.

Hope you are enjoying your new house and have fun setting up your light and new grow room!

SQ's haven't been what I had hoped, I have much more to learn about different strains and their characteristics.

How much longer ya got to go before harvest?

They've been in flower for 52 days now, so 2-3 weeks left, I think, TBG.

Well if the newer leaves are still being burnt you should flush her or them again. Make sure if you do flush you flush them enough. ;)

Hey everyone! Well, as I suspected, all 4 of the new SQ's turned out to be males!!! :hairpull: I am bewildered and somewhat disappointed. WW seems to go so easily to female and these SQ’s so easily to male. Is it the time of year, light sprectum, the seeds themselves? :confused2: I need to think about this before I grow any of the new strains I bought.

I do feel much appreciation for the 3 WW ladies, though. I thoroughly flushed all 3 of the WW's again, and also re-potted the smaller ones into larger pots. They are getting closer, but the trichs on the 2 smaller girls are still only partially cloudy. The larger girl's colas are looking real nice and sticky...she is showing a small amount of amber on some buds more than others but she has some time to go yet, also. I will keep you posted. In the meantime, here is a pic of all of them after flushing and transplanting.

repotted Veggies.jpg

sorry to hear about the males, Rd... hope you got everything worked out with the girls. best of luck.

Hello Rd, sorry to hear about your male troubles. I remember a time where it seemed like all I was getting were males. Expensive males.
Good luck in the future.

Latest posts

Back