Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all seedlings looking great rose:hubba: nice and green garden there!:D

I have my light up and running, inline vent fan installed, I have had it on for approx 1 1/2 hours now and the temp is at 89*...that's not going to work.

I'm going to have to change things up a bit... I didn't put an outside air intake fan in, but I did allow space for a passive air exchange...that may not be enough though. I still have to put my little 6" fans inside the grow area, not sure how much difference that will make, but going to give it a try...

I'll let you all know how it works out. :)

hey Rd hows it going?? sorry i didnt get to your q you had asked ive been working but you dont have to wait till there in its permanent pot. if you use plastic pots you can take a knife and make a hole in the side near the top above the soil. and jus use some twine to tie it down, and jus tie it tight enough to hold it down, so when its time to repot, you can jus untie it at the pot or at the plant.

looking great rdrose nice n healthy alright when will you star givin them nuets ya think

Hi Stoned, thanks for stopping by and checking out my girls!!

As for nutes, the Cotyledons haven't started turning yellow yet, and the leaves are still looking pretty good...the time is coming... but I don't want to start too soon.......:hubba: ....and besides...my nutes haven't arrived yet...
:p :D

....lol well my cot's stayed on my ladies( well actually there still on but started shriveling just the day before yesterday)till just about now, almost 3 weeks old.

hey RdRose... did u look at the 2 photos I posted yesterday of my first crop?

the long dildo's r supposedly "Senei skunk" and the kinda sparadic one on the right "ULT" ??? ... I don't know... whatever... it's pot, right?... anyways... I have three mothers I was making of the ULT to make clones, and now that I've done that, I'm topping them to make 3 new mothers after I took clones off the bottom branches. they are about 2 feet up from the top of a 4 gallon pot. I'm hoping they don't get too big before they start to flower... the plants can only grow about 3 feet above dirt level. I might not be able to flower mature plants, and stick with flipping them to flower as soon as clones are established... these 3 grew for a couple months to make decent, established clones.

anyways... I'm gone... been drinking... that's why I'm carying on.....

lol

;) later

That crazy vancouver guy said:
anyways... I'm gone... been drinking... that's why I'm carying on.....

lol

;) later

LOL...Hope it was a good one, Vancouver! :cool:

Anyway, I looked around to find your thread with your pics, but nothing came up. :confused2:

Did you start it yourself or is it on someone else's thread. It's a good idea to post your pics in a thread that you have created yourself, makes it easier to find and it's considered more polite that way...;)

Rdrose said:
LOL...Hope it was a good one, Vancouver! :cool:

Anyway, I looked around to find your thread with your pics, but nothing came up. :confused2:

Did you start it yourself or is it on someone else's thread. It's a good idea to post your pics in a thread that you have created yourself, makes it easier to find and it's considered more polite that way...;)

these are the pictures I was talking about... sorry, I'm new here, so u gotta bear with me till I get the hang of this site:p

Okay, my girls are getting pretty big and don't want to wait any longer to start LST (BBP, thanks for clarifying ;) ).

Here is a pic of one of my WW's, I used pipe cleaners I had on hand, they seem to work alright, I'm gonna have to get some prettier ones though!!:D

Grow room temps not stabilized yet, so the babies are not in there yet.

On the high side yesterday at 91*...I shortened the flexible duct from 15' to about 6' ...made a difference, temps are approx 87*, still too high?

I may have to go for a 6" inline fan w/a reducer to the 4" duct, then use the 4" inline to bring in cooler air...

ATT00050.jpg

That's about as low as I was able to get my temps with a 400w MH in a closet with similar dimensions. I think you can grow under those temps but it's definitely not considered ideal.

MJ definitely grows in places that get a lot hotter then 87.

it looking good RD. i tottaly forgot about the pipe cleaner. but you got th right idea. jus keep it down and you will be popping clone sites in about a week or 2. glad to see you got healthy plants. YA BETTA KEEP IT THAT WAY!!! i wanna see ya 1st indoor grow do well, so keep um happy like i know you will do.

That's about as low as I was able to get my temps with a 400w MH in a closet with similar dimensions. I think you can grow under those temps but it's definitely not considered ideal.

I may consider putting a couple of the White Widows in there and see how they do.:cool:

How are your plants doing, Audix? Are you still doing the LED grow?

MJ definitely grows in places that get a lot hotter then 87.

Very true... I grew my WW outside this summer and temps often reached 100+ degrees.

But I do want to get the temps down if I can...I'd be happy w/84* :)

BluntFullOfKush said:
it looking good RD. i tottaly forgot about the pipe cleaner. but you got th right idea. jus keep it down and you will be popping clone sites in about a week or 2. glad to see you got healthy plants. YA BETTA KEEP IT THAT WAY!!! i wanna see ya 1st indoor grow do well, so keep um happy like i know you will do.

Thanks BFOK, I think the pipe cleaners are great because they are easy to work with and they have a nice little cushion for the plants stem, and they come in pretty colors!! All very good reasons to use them...:D

And how can my 1st indoor grow not do well with all of the great suggestions/information I get from all the knowledgeable and helpful persons I've met on MarP, including yourself! :)

FF Ocean Forest = healthy plants :D

My seedlings last year were not nearly as nice...I used SuperSoil and Wal Mart fertilizer :eek: (I had started the grow before I found MarP. :) )

My Fox Farm Trio came in today!!
Oh, BTW...This unbiased, unsolicited smoke report made my day...
***Re: the WW I grew last summer ~ A friend of ours came by for a visit today and I gave him some of my homegrown WW to try,:joint: and after about an hour he shook his head and said, "this is some of the best s*** I've had in years, you did GOOD". :aok: *** :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:holysheep: Girl you sure gottem looken good. Very good job doing all your home work before starting. I need to start a new grow. Still researching what I want to grow. May do a big Lowrider or Ak48
Rdrose keep up your good work.
I am watchen this grow and looking forward to see the BIG BEAUTIFUL BUDS!!!! :D

Hey Rdrose - looking good!

About your temps in your room, they need to come down and stay between 80* to 85*. You need more air exchanges in your space to remove the heat.

First off, your ballast needs to be out of your grow area as its uneccesary heat. Second, shorten all "flex" ducting like you did. Flex duct is very restrictive to airflow when it's spaghetti'ed all over the place.

You are pulling air out of your room, and not "blowing" it in, correct? You always want to pull air out of your space. Where is the air from the exhaust going? Into the attic?

When choosing exhaust fans, I prefer the "centrifigal" type instead of the "axial" or propeller types. They are able to move more air with restrictive duct runs. Some people run their exhaust fan all the time, but I have mine operated by a thermostat for efficiency. Here is a link to the perfect plug in type thermostat for your exhaust fan. It is a duct mounted one, but can be mounted on any surface to maintain a room temp.

I use 2 thermostats in my grow area. One for the exhaust fan, and the other for a recirculation fan inside the box. This eliminates hot spots inside. Temps are real even everywhere.
http://www.iaqsource.com/product.php?product=111134

Here is the manuf website for the thermostats. Also other stuff you may need is in there too.
http://www.suncourt.com/Hydroponics.html

The only other thing I can think of is you need a hole large enough in the closet to let cool air in, near the bottom of the area. You can't pull air out of a space if you don't have a place for it to come in. A 6" diam hole would be large enough. You may need to make a "light baffle" for stealth outside the grow if you need.

Hello RD,
I was smoking my widow and thinking of you. Sorry for your temp problems. Then I started to think about Ruth. Her roots were recently fried with my temp problem in my flower cab. Which started me thinking about my flower cab temp, which is also high. So I thought that raising the humidity would lower temps. My humidifier.
DSCN4972.JPG

The black hole behind the wick is the air intake, my cabinet is small and the air exchange is slow, but I got a 250w hps in a cool tube that you can touch. Don't know if it actually works. The temps here have dropped now the cab runs about 29c.
Good luck.

humidity does work to lower temps, you could use a humidifier. I do that in the summer. Don't know if i'd do that in the winter as my humidity is already up. I have a smaller grow space. I use a 400W HPS. you need to get your exhaust line exhausing the heat from the lamp not the grow box to effectively lower your temp. Or raise your cfm.

Invest in a squirrel cage fan if you have the means. a decent dayton is like 80 bucks and will do what you want. You don't need to spend a fortune on a vented hood. Just go by your local box store and pick up one of these(see below). Then drill some holes in the top of your hood. Connect your line to that. Here's what my exhaust ducting looks like with a fan ******* 365 cfm i think. I also tape the line off that exhausts the box to restrict suction so the majority suction is directed to the hood. Path of least resistance. i have an inline fan in my intake line and i can tell you now, its no comparison as far as cfm is concerned. No problem with temps. I actually have a heater in my box now that temps are dropping.

vent.jpg

y.jpg

ducting.jpg

Girl you sure gottem looken good. Very good job doing all your home work before starting. I need to start a new grow. Still researching what I want to grow. May do a big Lowrider or Ak48
Rdrose keep up your good work.
I am watchen this grow and looking forward to see the BIG BEAUTIFUL BUDS!!!!

Thanks, s21, and hope you get your new grow going soon...so all of us 'grow addicts' can watch...:hubba:

First off, your ballast needs to be out of your grow area as its uneccesary heat. Second, shorten all "flex" ducting like you did. Flex duct is very restrictive to airflow when it's spaghetti'ed all over the place.

You are pulling air out of your room, and not "blowing" it in, correct? You always want to pull air out of your space. Where is the air from the exhaust going? Into the attic?

Hi PB, ballast is in another area away from the grow space, shortening the flex duct did make a big difference, and it is exhausting outside. I am going to add some additional air intake space to allow more air to enter the room and I may have to upgrade the 4" inline fan w/a 6". BTW, yes, I am exhausting by 'pulling' the air out...

I wish now that I had gotten the 'cool tube' type reflector. Oh, well, I'll work with what I have. If this was a more permanent set-up for me, I'd be more willing to invest more $$$ into it, but it's all coming down after February.

I'll get it all worked out...with lots of learning along the way! ;) The link you sent has some nice stuff...! Sounds like you have quite a nice set-up PB...would be fun to see it as well as so many others...:cool: Also, the weather here has been warm, in the low to mid 70's...:eek: That plays a big part in the problem, too.

Hey SD, thanks for helping me think about my temp problem...:D . I like your little humidifier, how much of a difference do you think it made in your temps...? So it was the heat what cause little Ruth's problems? How is she doing?

Latest posts

Back