Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pot Belly said:
Hey Rose - I like the tubs you have them in. Can't wait to see updated pics of your babies. Sounds like you got your ferts situation remedied.

PB:)

Thanks PB, I got them at the Dollar Store...along with the aluminum trays underneath...

Pics coming Saturday! :D They've really grown.. :hubba:

Hey Rdrose,
I can't wait to see how your babies are doing. The problems with mg and nute levels mirrored the kinds of things I was doing. I came to realize that if you don't overbaby them with nutes and water, you will produce some really nice plants. MJ is really a pretty hardy herb. Like most everyone of us on this forum, we enjoy growing as much as we enjoy smoking.

Thanks BFOK!!! I've got some really nice new growth coming out and heading toward the light w/my LST... it's very cool! :hubba:

Herblover, glad you stopped by, how are your babies doing, any flowers yet????

I know what you're saying about the MJ plants, they really do not need to be 'babied', but I do enjoy seeing them strong and green and healthy. The plants in this 'grow' are much healthier looking, IMO, than the WW's that I grew this summer. I've learned a lot over the past 6 months. :D

I love growing an organic garden. And love to find the best nutrients that will produce the healthiest most flavorful crop...whether tomatoes, cukes, potatoes, etc. Now I am growing what I consider the 'ultimate' herb...:hubba: I love lavishing healthy nutes on them in the hope of achieving the best smoke. It's an addiction :rofl: Not the smoking, but the growing!! :rolleyes:

How goes it? Last pics look very healthy. Congrats!!! When do we get to see some new pics? Nice grow!

Stunzeed..

Rdrose,
I'm batting 500. I've got 2 ladies and 2 gentlemen. I separated them a week ago. I'll post some pics soon. Yes, your grow looks very bushy for their age. It's that good Dutch stock and some TLC that makes it happen for sure.

Herblover

Thanks Herblover, and congrats on your 2 and 2!!

Here are my babies!! They've grown quite a bit since the last pics (9 days ago.) :)

I had some issues at first w/high temps, (low 90's) until I installed the 6" inline fan...after that, once I put the plants into the grow room, I found that the 6" inline kept the temps too low: (72* -78*F). :holysheep:
Actually had to turn it off so the temps would move into the 80's, as you can see from the first pic. I found that to be very curious that the temps would go down once the plants were in place...and stay at the lower temps even after the lights had been on for 16 hours...this happened for 3 days before I finally decided to just turn it off. :confused2:

The Mg/nute problem has been resolved, I am no longer spraying them with the Epsom salts water but have increased the nutes to recommended dosages:

FF Big Bloom (.01 - .3 - .7) = 4 Tbsp per gallon of water
FF Grow Big (6 - 4 - 4) = 1 tsp. per gallon of water

They are reacting very well to the nutes, nice and healthy looking.

I like the way the WW's are responding to the LST, don't know if you can see it in these pics, but several side shoots on each plant are heading up to the light...good clone sites or in my case, bud/cola sites. My plan is to wind the plants all the way around the perimeter of the grow tubs. I was wondering, though, if I should remove the large fan leaves that are 'shading' the new little sprouting side shoots?

I'm still waiting for alternating nodes on the SQ, if I am lucky enough to get 2 females, I'd like to top one of them. :holysheep:

Pic 1: Temp/Humidity w/SpeedQueen baby.
Pic 2 & 3: WW's using LST
The remainder are all SpeedQueen babies.

SQ Thermo hum..jpg

2nd LST WW.jpg

LST WW.jpg

Grn SQ.jpg

Smallest SQ.jpg

SpdQueen.jpg

SQ.jpg

SQ 3 sideview.jpg

there looking good RD. you betta keep um happy Ok. im look forward to seed the speed queen do her thang

Those look great. They're about the same age as mine but are a lot larger. Glad to hear that your temps are under control.

Good luck on getting some girls!

Hey Rose - those plants of yours are doing great and looking goood. Keep up the good work.

Hey Rose - those plants of yours are doing great and looking goood. Keep up the good work.

PB

Thanks PB, I really appreciate your comments! I really liked seeing your pics, and the way you are doing your LST. You chop any of your 'Lil Sis' lately, looks like you've got some almost ready in your grow box with the little afghani girl.

Those look great. They're about the same age as mine but are a lot larger. Glad to hear that your temps are under control.

Good luck on getting some girls!

Hey Audix, thanks for stopping. Yep this indoor growing is really different than growing outside...w/temps to worry about, etc. A great challenge!

hey those are lookin pretty good, whats the flowering period?

Dc

Hi Dc,the flowering period is supposed to be 55 days on SpeedQueen...WW is a flowering period of 56-70 days...give or take a few...:D

there looking good RD. you betta keep um happy Ok. im look forward to seed the speed queen do her thang

Hey there BFOK, what can I say, I do what I can...:hubba:

Rdrose said:
. I was wondering, though, if I should remove the large fan leaves that are 'shading' the new little sprouting side shoots?

rdrose...hi...no...don't touch the babies! :eek: they direly need those big fan leaves right now.

Your young ladies are looking great RD. Nice and healthy just how ya want them. Your doing a great job keep it up. ;)

Looking very nice. Healthy and green. Kinda remind me of a little bonsai tree. Good luck with your grow!

Stunzeed..

Rdrose said:
You chop any of your 'Lil Sis' lately, looks like you've got some almost ready in your grow box with the little afghani girl.

I'll post in my Bagseed GJ. ;)

Thanks for dropping by TBG, yep, they're coming along...would like to see some alternating nodes soon. :rolleyes: And some pre-flowers would be nice, too...but they're a little young for that... :)

hey rdrose... look'n kewl :cool: :cool: you outta be a proud mommy! :) :)

I'm almost done my second batch myself. got about another week left before I cut 'em down. I took a couple pics of some... I'll show ya the one I'm awful proud of....
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back