Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rdrose,
You've got some really healthy stem development. You've got the right combination of things. I don't think the 70 degree temps will affect your babies. I took my males out in the yard and they are doing better outside now in the 50-60 degree temperatures than they were under the 80 degree lights. - Herblover

Thanks Herblover, Don't know if you can tell from those pics, but the main stem on all of them is nice and thick and strong...glad I started LST when I did, or I would have had broken them for sure! Overall, I am very happy with their development so far. I have never grown anything inside before, (except regular house plants), so this is a totally new experience for me! :D

The LST is interesting, and the more I do it the more comfortable I'm becomimg with it...

Interesting that your males are doing well outside, not likely to pollinate the females out there, are they... :D That may be an option for me, also. As long a the temps don't get lower than 50 during the day, I can always bring them in at night.

I have them on 16/8 lighting right now, and I plan to start them on 14/10 end of this week (that will be 4 weeks in veg), then 12/12 on Dec. 1 (5 weeks in veg). I like the idea of doing it slowly instead of a drastic change all at once. We'll see how they respond. :)

interesting proposal, rd... I was thinking the same thing...to be more natural... going from 18/6 to 12/12 gradually, as would be in nature, rather than a sudden drop in 6 hrs of light... but... the electricity savings outways my curiousity.. ;)

I would have to do a couple of controled experiments, and that would just take too much time and effort... u know... lol

anyways... grow on, dudette! :D :D :D

Hey Ms.Rose,LOL i read you waz gonna flower in DEC at 5weeks. i started flower mine at 5 also.but unlike you i will be completly done DEC 27th, that marks 9weeks flower for me, still no purple as of yet, millions of whit hairs tho LOL. Im glad the LST is doing good for you. and jus like you the more you do it the more comfortable you feel doin it.When i 1st started doin it i waz acting like it waz smothing old and brittle, but i quickly found that they are some really strong plants, not too easy to break. Oh yea when your branchies get of proper height, tie them down and your branchies will start to sprout branchies

rdrose, are those kitty litter boxes the speed queens are in? nice nice - im ordering some speedqueen tomarrow but im doing a micro grow, could you post more pics of the speed queens next along with approx age from sprout : ) That'd be awesome :>

Rdrose,
Yes, I saw how thick and healthy your stems are. No, my ladies are far away from my males. I've been sampling some of the leaves and I'm getting a pretty good buzz. I didn't have the patience to gradually change my lighting. I just picked a day, (day 60) to make the shift from 24/24 MH to 12/12 HPS.
Herblover

bah chop chop, i'll deal with a seed harvest later in the year, but unavoidable lmfao very nice. keep it sticky

Dc

akirahz said:
rdrose, are those kitty litter boxes the speed queens are in? nice nice - im ordering some speedqueen tomarrow but im doing a micro grow, could you post more pics of the speed queens next along with approx age from sprout : ) That'd be awesome :>

Thanks for stopping by Akirahz, the tubs the SQ are in are actually wash tubs I got from the dollar store. :)

I try to post once a week so their growthis noticeable, and if I'm not mistaken, I've posted the ages of them with each post...they will be 30 days from popping their heads above soil on 11/23. :D

Good luck w/your microgrow, hope you will do a grow journal.

Herblover said:
Rdrose,
Yes, I saw how thick and healthy your stems are. No, my ladies are far away from my males. I've been sampling some of the leaves and I'm getting a pretty good buzz. I didn't have the patience to gradually change my lighting. I just picked a day, (day 60) to make the shift from 24/24 MH to 12/12 HPS.
Herblover

Thanks, Herblover, and I definitely hear ya on the patience thing...lol. :eek: I thought it was such a good idea when I first considered it...but now I'm getting really anxious and much less patient to see how they will do once I put them into flower, so I'm re-thinking it...;) :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your buzz is good from them. What do you think about the high at this point? I'm looking forward to trying that with my girls here! :)

BluntFullOfKush said:
Hey Ms.Rose,LOL i read you waz gonna flower in DEC at 5weeks. i started flower mine at 5 also.but unlike you i will be completly done DEC 27th, that marks 9weeks flower for me, still no purple as of yet, millions of whit hairs tho LOL. Im glad the LST is doing good for you. and jus like you the more you do it the more comfortable you feel doin it.When i 1st started doin it i waz acting like it waz smothing old and brittle, but i quickly found that they are some really strong plants, not too easy to break. Oh yea when your branchies get of proper height, tie them down and your branchies will start to sprout branchies

Ooohhhh...I like the 'Ms' part...:hubba: Never hurts to show a little respect to your 'elders', huh, BFOK!! ;) :D

Yep, you read right! Was gonna start them Friday at 14/10 and Dec 1 at 12/12. But my patience at waiting is not strong!! I want to see some action, dang it!!! :hairpull:

Thanks for the tips on the LST, always appreciated!!

Rdrose said:
Thanks, Herblover, and I definitely hear ya on the patience thing...lol. :eek: I thought it was such a good idea when I first considered it...but now I'm getting really anxious and much less patient to see how they will do once I put them into flower, so I'm re-thinking it...;) :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your buzz is good from them. What do you think about the high at this point? I'm looking forward to trying that with my girls here! :)

Yea, just go ahead and change the light timing and be done with it :)
The high was really nice indica nap fuel for sure. I was still stoned the next morning lol.

Hello Rd,
I switch the the time like I pull a bandaid. Then run thru the house screaming 60 more days:48:

screwdriver said:
Hello Rd,
I switch the the time like I pull a bandaid. Then run thru the house screaming 60 more days:48:

:rofl: Thanks SD!!!

Actually, I pulled the bandaid last Friday...12/12...soooo...

55 more days!!!!!!! :p

We got ourselves an early Christmas Present...a new camera...Pictures coming very soon!!

Rdrose said:
We got ourselves an early Christmas Present...a new camera...Pictures coming very soon!!

That's great! Which one did ya get? Can't wait to see some new pics on your SpeedQueens and WW as well.

PB:)

Hi PB, I got a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W80, pretty good price at Sears. It has 7.2 Mega pixels, I'm getting used to it, but tomorrow when my babies wake up...I'll take some pics to post.

ahaha good excuse, i did the same thing and even justified it as a "christmas present" lmfao, good call!!! lookin good, sounds like you should be rollin the nugs shortly!!

Dc

I noticed that the WW's were not as deep green as the SpeedQueens, yesterday I incorporated some blood meal into WW's soil for added nitrogen. Feeding them all 4Tbs of Big Bloom/ 1 tsp Grow Big every 2-3 days as needed.

Increasing to 2 tsp of Grow Big starting tomorrow, then Tiger Bloom on Friday according to the chart. Hope that will be enough, I have found that the SQ's enjoy their nutes...

Transplanted the smaller WW's into larger pots, but they still have not really taken off, guess they will have to hang out in those pots until I know which are males and which are females. The LST is coming along nicely. WW pics on next post.

SQ's have grown well, you can see the difference between the two strains...SQ's have much larger, more rounded leaves and are much darker green than the WW's.

Lots of secondary branching under the larger Fan leaves on the SQ, I am not sure they are getting enough light under there as the canopy gets thicker. Wondering if I will need to thin?? ...thoughts from more experienced growers would be appreciated.

Pics 1,2 - group shots
3 - 4 Tallest of the SQ's is 15 inches
5 - All 4 SQ's in Grow room
6 - SQ w/spray bottle for comparison
7 - SQ w/gal jub for comparison
8 - SQ side view, not so thick
9 - Macro of SQ nodes
10- Macro of secondary branches near top.

1 Group Shot in GRoom.jpg

2 Group shot.jpg

3 Tallest SQ.jpg

4  SQ 15 inches.jpg

5 The SQ babies.jpg

6 SQ Spray Btl comp.jpg

7 SQ gal jug.jpg

8 SpeedQueen.jpg

9 SQ node.jpg

10 Macro SQ nodes.jpg

Latest posts

Back