Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdrose

Growin' with the Stars...
Reaction score
...And so it begins... :hubba:

This is my first indoor grow and 2nd grow ever.

I've been following many indoor grow journals and trying to learn as much as I can about it. So we'll see how this goes. :p I still do not have a camera, may have to use my cell phone until Christmas..:rolleyes:

I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil, I also added some perlite and vermiculite to the mix. (May not have needed it, but Hubby brought it home...and he's my biggest supporter :D ) No nutes, figured the soil has enough for those little sprouts and I didn't want to burn any as I did with my last grow. And besides, I haven't figured out what brand of nutes I want to use...

I germed 4 SpeedQueen (Mandala Seeds) and 4 WW (harvested from my grow last summer) on 10/18 directly in the soil in 3" pots in a tray with a clear plastic cover and using a little warming mat. Four of them poked their little heads out of the soil on 10/22, by the next day, all 8 were off and running!!! :watchplant:

The last pic shows 1 SpeedQueen seedling on 10/23. They are growing very fast, as you can see in the next photos which are taken this morning 10/25. They seem to be stretching for light, so I'll be stopping at Wal-Mart today to get some CFL's. I'll keep them on 24/7, right now they are in the window and that is not enough light for them.

I'm also working on setting up my grow room. It's a 3' X 3' X 5' coat closet. I've had a lot of great input on that (see link below) and decided to purchase a 400w HPS from HTG on e-bay. It arrived yesterday!! ;)

I went to Home Depot and purchased my 4" flexible ducts and an inline fan for the exhaust and air intake. I will need a timer for the lights and a thermometer for the room. As soon as I get it ready, I'll get a couple of pics up.

Link to grow room set-up thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18188

ATT00162.jpg

ATT00165.jpg

ATT00180.jpg

ATT00189.jpg

ATT00198.jpg

ATT00065.jpg

Off to a good start there RdRose. Sounds like you have it well planned.

nice grow. im going to keep a close eye on this one.

Thanks for stopping by and checking it our Runby. I still have a lot to do to get the grow room ready, but I'm having fun!

Have you started growing again?

4-8 inchs!!! with cfls, i have a t4 4-6 inchs lol, there looking healthy for sure!! i wish i had some of my low ryder seeds still, pfft, iam going with bag seed for now! lucky you, i envy you, but any harvest is bette than no harvest!! rock on

Flora Nova is a good brand of nutes. I use liquid karma on them too. You seem to have a good idea of what to do. Let me know how I can help!

also if your worried about burning, just remember, its twice as hard to burn with organics than chemicals....

woOzer said:
nice grow. im going to keep a close eye on this one.

Thanks Woozer for stopping by and checking out my new grow. And thanks for the info re: Flora Nova ferts. :D

No problem. hope you get all females. that would be great.

rdrose you were commenting on my grow last night thanks.....I checked out yours......great job....... i have a similiar mindset as you now, im all into growing and sh_t and its my first time and im excited and all into it.......(I just started my 2nd grow also) i just bought the growers bible book today - its great............Are you in the U.S? and if yes where do you get your seeds from? I'm afraid to order them, i get nervous even posting stuff on here...lol.....mine are from good mids (bagseed)....... anyway good luck with this grow

Wow some very nice strains you got going Rdrose. ;) Here's some GREEN MOJO for them little ladies. :aok:

seedlings looking good rose:hubba:,good luck on your grow

Things are looking good Rdrose, dont forget your CFL bulbs today your sprouts are getting tall.

Cant wait to see the buds!

Hey Rdrose

Everything sounds great. Great strains. You got some WW just ahead of TBG, Stoney, and Mutt grow journal that they started up. It's going to be great seeing so many WW grown at the same time. Will show how conditions affect growing and end result. Your set-up is just as good as the pro's - so if you do it right, you'll come up with the fat, greasy colas they do!

Am looking forward to Speed Queen also. Their ad makes it look so MMMMMMmmmmmmm!

Can't wait to see that new light in action..........Hey you'll need something on the floor to protect from spills and stains. Some plastic sheething on carpet then covered with plywood cut to approx inside dimensions would be a one way to do it.

Agree with Growdude - you need to get some light on those seedlings. Window light for growing doesn't cut it. You have some real genetics there - gotta give em full respect.:p

Next is ventilation. First off, you'll need a cheap digital thermo-hygrometer. Find at K-mart, Wal-mart, Radio Shack, etc... This will help you see what your room temperature and humidity is during any time of day. Are you planning to pull outside air into your closet, and exhaust it back outside?

Can't wait to hear what you're up to next - this is fun!

PB:)

Good luck on the grow. I germed some Speed Queen this week and may grow some of this right along with you. Your space sounds somewhat similar to my original planned space with a 400W HID - man it was HOT in there. Good luck on the ventilation and keeping the down.

white widows been grown out lol, its everyones fav strain, i'd pick some sensai star, sweet tooth, chronic, or rock bud

i wish u luck on your first indoor grow im on my first to looks like we are at about the same spot so ill be watchin your grow also. good luck rdrose and by the way im tom i just joind about a week ago .

DankCloset said:
white widows been grown out lol, its everyones fav strain, i'd pick some sensai star, sweet tooth, chronic, or rock bud

:confused:

Latest posts

Back