Res Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love seeing beautiful white roots like that. Looking great!

Thanks, it can be a challenge.:watchplant:

Is it just 2 air stones in that Tub Sam? How big is the air pump? I wanna put together something like that and just wondering as yours looks well

Yes, two air stones. I have found that the rock cylinder shape stones are the only ones that do no allow root growth to get intertwined with the stone design of ones I have used made for aquariums and live wells. The pump is called whisper quiet 10-30. I sometimes add another pump but probably is not necessary. My tote is raised just enough to slide a plastic try beneath with the drain in the tote for easy res changes. I have a couple of cross pieces I put in place to raise and hold the lid up and out of the way for the res change. I like to remove the entire bottom every time and wash tote, stones, and hose with H202, rinse and then replace and refill. I have a good tester for both ph, and ppm/temp. The temp stickers on the tote you see are just early warning indicators. The blue ice you see strapped to the tote is used for when I forget to crack a window or do a summertime grow. Tried a ice probe chiller and It spiked my ph too much. I use a combination of leds, and cfls as seen, and I try to place in such a way to give good coverage, but able to move around. Hope this helps you as I have tweaked this for a good while for my specific situation. It will be much easier if you Plan your work and work your plan. Realizing you should have done this or that well into a grow is NOT GOOD. I actually have something come up every time but if the basics are good you won't be stuck.. Have SPARES ie. pump, lights. If you are in the middle of flower and have bulbs blow, your screwed if you are not where there is a hydro store. Batteries for your testers. Set up for SUCCESS!!!!

View attachment 4.5 wks 12 12.jpg

View attachment basics.jpg

View attachment full light.jpg

Oh yea, IMHO two is the maximum you should grow in a 10 gallon tote made for the 6 gallon grow. I am thinking about two 5 gallon buckets and keep the two separate in case I have to separate. Once the roots are in that tote like you saw, it is practically impossible to do without severe damage and shock almost guaranteed to trigger HERMIE

Latest posts

Back