Reveg?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
ok i have two ladies that have been a 12/12 light cycle. they're flowering now(as seen in my post i love fat girls). they turned out to be nice plant and i'd like reveg them and cut clones. i don't wanna stress them to bad. so how can i finish flowering and then reveg? any help welcome. thanks

You cant finish flowering and then "reveg".Keep your fat girls on 12/12.:hubba: You can still clone a plant if its flowering. Click on resources and read some cloning guides.;)

I don't think you can clone a flowering plant, but you CAN reveg and then clone once it has reverted to vegging.

I did this on my last 2 grows and here is my way (I'm sure there are others):

Once your plant is ready for harvest, cut down the top 2/3 of the plant only. Then take the remaining bottom 3rd of the plant, replant in a larger container and then put it back on 24/0 or 18/6 (with nutes for veg). In a few weeks when you have new growth, you can take your clones. Then put it back on 12/12 and it will flower again.

Rehab is for Quitters said:
I don't think you can clone a flowering plant, but you CAN reveg and then clone once it has reverted to vegging.

I did this on my last 2 grows and here is my way (I'm sure there are others):

Once your plant is ready for harvest, cut down the top 2/3 of the plant only. Then take the remaining bottom 3rd of the plant, replant in a larger container and then put it back on 24/0 or 18/6 (with nutes for veg). In a few weeks when you have new growth, you can take your clones. Then put it back on 12/12 and it will flower again.

Im certain you can clone a flowering plant.;)

you can clone a flowering plant but the switch back to veg and root formation is going to take at leats 2 more weeks then what ever your normal cloning method takes.( atleast for me) I have reveged 6 plants now.. i started with bag seed a couple years ago so i would get a plant I wanted to keep going so i got it down. I'm not saying its the best or fastest way but it works for me. I flush like normal with plain water, when it comes time to harvest... i count up three or four nodes from the bottom and chop the main stem, place to side to trim more, hang, whatever you do. the remaining branches i start at the main the and go out one or two nodes and chop there. you wanna leave some little buds/folaige.. put it back under 24hrs light and feed with veg nuts.. in one to three weeks bingo clones.. I let one go after i took 6 clones off it and had a bush a month later!!! never did re flower it though..

the only problem is i have no branches. the buds are coming off the main stem. the only branches are less than an inch long. can i just leave all the buds on them and reveg?

You can switch her from 12/12 to 24/0 but it will stress her. :(

i think something to due with cutting down 80% of the plant my be a little more stress then switching the lights! either way you look at it there is gonna be stress.. this isn't an overnight process.. that why i said 1 to 3 weeks

slowmo77 said:
can i just leave all the buds on them and reveg?

You don't need to leave all the buds. Just cut off the top 2/3 of the plant and leave the bottom 1/3 (leaves and buds). Then re-pot into a slightly larger pot, feed veg nutes and keep the lights on 24/0. It will take a long time for the new growth to start (3-4 weeks) and it will look really strange with a bunch of 1 finger leaves and some that just grow in a ball. Eventually it will branch out and the leaves will start to look normal. At that point, you can start taking clones.

Sounds like milehigh does it about the same as I do.

This is a good way to keep some genetics you don't want to loose.

if the plant is big i will trim some of the rootmass down to encourage new growth and try and loosen the medium around the rootmass as much as i can while still being gentle. a light dose of nutes with a good watering will help along with a tad bit of rooting hormone to boost recovery. i havent really had a problem watering in some hormone but dont go overboard as with the nutrients...

im not worried about the buds. i grew these just to see what would happen if left on a 12/12 cycle. im gonna give it a try. i'll keep everyone posted. thanks everyone

Cole said:
You cant finish flowering and then "reveg".Keep your fat girls on 12/12.:hubba: You can still clone a plant if its flowering. Click on resources and read some cloning guides.;)

:hubba: YES, you can harvest, reveg and then clone. at harvest time, just leave some[25-30 percent] of the lower plant intact, buds, stems and leaves. Then flip the lights to 24/0 to reveg. wait a couple weeks for the new growth to get large enuf to clone[clip, dip and stick]. :D

:cool: I have heard it better to clone in veg, but it also would work fine in flower cycle, roots may take a day or 2 extra to pop out is all I've found.

slowmo77 said:
im not worried about the buds. i grew these just to see what would happen if left on a 12/12 cycle. im gonna give it a try. i'll keep everyone posted. thanks everyone

You really shouldn't leave all the buds on the plant. By trimming the top part of the plant, you are encouraging it to branch out and (IMHO) it is easier for the plant to start revegging when it is smaller and there are less "flowers". It does take 3 or 4 weeks though, so don't get impatient. And as already mentioned, they grow those single leaves at first.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You really shouldn't leave all the buds on the plant. By trimming the top part of the plant, you are encouraging it to branch out and (IMHO) it is easier for the plant to start revegging when it is smaller and there are less "flowers". It does take 3 or 4 weeks though, so don't get impatient. And as already mentioned, they grow those single leaves at first.

:hubba: the buds are needed to reveg and start again, the leaves make it easier. each plant is different in how much is left behind, SnowWhite needs about 20 percent, ICE needed much less. If you remove all the buds, reveg is very slow. each caylaxe will grow into a new stem.:cool:

thanks P A. would leaving more of the plant give it a better recovery time? im not in a hurry, i just wanna try to a void long periods of stress. i know its gonna have stress no matter what. i just came off a stress hermie grow. a little bit scared.

i find leaving just the lower portion works best.. that way i can concentrate the light where the new growth is gonna start.. not alot of lumens are needed.. i reveged the last two under a pioneer t5 with 4-2 footers. i didn't notice any difference in time.

Latest posts

Back