Reverse Hermi advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffrow63

Reaction score
Hello! I joined to ask a question, see if any of you guys can help. I have never grown before this spring when I planted a bunch of seeds from some good regs in my backyard. I ended up with 3 plants that thrived. About 1 and 1/2 month ago, one showed up male and I plucked it. One grew huge and beautiful and then showed male. I decided just to let it grow since I only have one other that is slow and not really thriving. The beautiful male is 6 ft tall with thick branches of male flowers. Last night, I picked a piece to dry and smoke and started looking at it with a magnifying glass and it is now covered with female buds and even has a few seeds. A reverse hermie. I am going to let it grow and try to smoke it. Any advice on when to harvest it? Should I pick off male balls? There are millions of them but every branch now is flowering female.

:) hermie! my bro, listen up!! learn how to clone and your worries are over. it's sooo easy!!:D

you're wasting your time buddy. But if you do wanna keep going with that, good luck. Who knows, you might be stumbling upon a previously unknown million dollar idea.

what you have is called a male-dominant hermaphrodite. Burn it and save the other outdoor growers their crop.

Once a plant has produced male flower on a female plant the genetics for hermaphrodites has reared it's ugly head, you are best to just get rid of the plant. The breeder of marijuana as we know it today have worked hard, to get the genetics to produce the true male and female plants that produce the high THC % we all know and love.

IMO you are best to just start new seeds from a known source

Thanks for all the replies. My hermie is the only one I have other than a little one that hasn't shown any sex yet and there are no growers near me to ruin their plants. So, I have let it grow. It is now 7 ft tall and producing lots of female buds and seeds. Funny thing is, I picked some, dried it, shared it with my skeptical friends and guess what? Every one agrees it is not bad! Any advice on when to harvest? This is the first plant I have ever grown and I will certainly be going for females next spring.

Latest posts

Back