Rosebud does Mandala seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rosebud!
I read earlier about you rooting in plain water and something went off in my head and couldn't bring it to mind. I've just realized what it was today and put it all together.

I too, had some start roots in plain water. I hadn't intended to do it that way, I had just planned to store them that way for a while. When I noticed roots I left them there to develop. I then planted them and had high hopes. They didn't fair well. I have one plant left in the flower room but I can't dial in the feeding. The leaves are dying back and flowers are light and wispy like they aren't getting enough light but they are directly under 600w.

The other plants never did well either and found the roots to be sparse and underdeveloped. I think that is the problem with the one in flower. Imo, it would be best to use a rooting hormone when rooting cuttings in order to establish a well developed root system. The hormone will induse many more points where roots will develope and give you better results. I would show a pick of the plant but it's light out for them so I'll post it tomorrow. niteshft

EDIT: The closeup of the plant wouldn't load for some reason. The plant is in the middle front. As you can see, all the other plants are lush.
IMG_0295 (1024x683).jpg

That's amazing nightshft. The rest of your plants look great. I put a little clonex in the water. Mine are all in dirt and looking good so far. we shall see, thanks for the input.

Hi Peeps,

THG, when should I start fertilizing these Mandala girls? They show no need, but I don't want to go too long. They have only been in flower 2.5 weeks. I usually give my others a shot of N before going in and I haven't done that. They were in veg for so long. 2.5 months or so. They have not had one nute cross their leaves.

The satori is bigger then the chakras.

Why do i always water and then take pictures so the pots are really heavy when i move them for the pic's? Just smart that way I guess.:rolleyes:

Here they are:
DSCF0950.JPG

DSCF0952.JPG

DSCF0954.JPG

DSCF0955.JPG

PS, These are the girls i ended up with. 2 out of three seeds of the calichakra were girls and one out of two of the Satori was female. That was hard. ha

You mean powdery mildew? I live in a desert with very low humidity and have fans blowing on them always. I am sorry that happened to you bho. That sucked.

Why do you say feed them if they don't show a need? Just wondering. The stuff i read said they were nute sensitive but yes, i agree i don't want to starve them.

I didn't had powdery mildew but Botrytis. But happy that you have that controlled.

I think that you should always fert. They say ( Mandala ) that you don't need but for big buds you need to juice them. But not too much :doh:

i am sorry I got that confused bho. It is a fungus isn't it? This is the first year that we have had black spot. I saw it on one rose, it is the first in over 30 years of growing.we had a very wet spring, so i could probably get that botrytis too. How did you get it?

just keep vigil over the big buds rose.
botrytis *or 'budrot' for us layman's ;) arrives with high humidity and real fat cola's.
she is a heartbreaker if you don't catch it.. as you have to cut away some nice chunks off your cola's.

look for funky dying/browning bud/bud leaves.. and do not let any dying bud leaves ever get swallowed up by a developing bud, that's where you're most likely to encounter it.
:)

i long for the days of watching for bugs and botrytis.. powder mildew has shown me what a real nuisance is :(

I bought two new vents and a mini-dehumidifier. Big fat cola that was mine :doh:.

EDIT: Bought to try prevent it next time ;)

Rosebud said:
You mean powdery mildew? I live in a desert with very low humidity and have fans blowing on them always. I am sorry that happened to you bho. That sucked.

Why do you say feed them if they don't show a need? Just wondering. The stuff i read said they were nute sensitive but yes, i agree i don't want to starve them.

Be aware the Powdery mildew thrives in extremely low Humidity aswell as high, im sure you will be fine and not have it at all Rose, but just so people are aware, very low is also an issue.

There is supposed to be fungus eating bacteria in my tea i am giving them. I want a microscope so i can see these bacteria i am buying.
I didn't realize that with low humidity Dman.Thanks.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 4u2sm0ke again.

Rosebud said:
PS, These are the girls i ended up with. 2 out of three seeds of the calichakra were girls and one out of two of the Satori was female. That was hard. ha
Thee out of five, you hit the jackpot! Better than fifty percent, I would be happy.

It may have been hard, but I am sure you will be pleased in the end. It really does get easier spotting those males once you have done it a few times. The real hard part is killing them, imo.

Congratulations!

Thanks TC, i have to admit it was kinda fun to tear his little butt up and toss in the compost heap. Although, they do look really strong and happy those boys, so I understand what your saying. Yes, I thought my odds were good. I will be checking in on your grow soon. I hope you catch some fish this weekend.

I hope you all have a great holiday weekend and have fun or rest or both.

As much as I would like to keep a male, I only have done it when I had one inside early and got the pollen and killed it way before my outdoor girls were even close to ready to receive male dust. I made seeds a couple times. Did not care for the unstable genetics. I grew some out one year and two plants made it to the end, each one looking like one of the parents. I have such a short window to grow, I just dont want to take chances with oddball plants.

I also hope you have a wonderful weekend. Fishing is on the menu for us, prolly the only thing we will do for the fourth, maybe if they have fireworks go to them, but from what I understand the STATE has nixed all fireworks in the state this year. Understandable, but dang, I like me some Fourth of July fireworks.

I know it's been awhile, have not fully reviewed your last few weeks of your journal but will read it this weekend...thought I'd stop by and wish you and yours a great 4th....:cool:

Hey rose, just dropped in to say hey!! crabbing started today, The Mrs. and I will be eating dungeness over the 4th, I think I'll go back out tommorow, fishing out of LaConner, heres some yard pics, everything is really shineing in the yard, all the weeding and work is paying off, the wifes cut flowers are just unreal, she does some really nice arrangements when she has ferns and babys breath etc. I'll go take one more pic of her vase in the front window, killer lillys. ah heck rose i'm in your grow journal, hey heres some flowers celebrating your successful grow,

P1090885.JPG

P1090888.JPG

P1090890.JPG

P1090894.JPG

P1090895.JPG

Latest posts

Back