Rosebud grows outside '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great RoseBud, even the volunteer petunia (I've got some in my tomato garden).

sorry but those are not plants, I think maybe shrubs or small trees now! I lik ethe stake 8' from plant idea Dr threw out there.
good to see such a great progress for u gl! & ty for pics :)

Most of these plants have been topped too many times for an outdoor grow I think. How would I tied down all of those? I thought i should just get something to prop up each big branch, but mr rb says that is a lot of wood. So... I have seen this big netting at grow shops, what is that for?

pretty soon u gonna need camouflage netting ;)

but ya to many toppings sis no good i hear ya there, to xpand on the staking maybe do 4 tie points to make an over head trellis (like a wire from posti g to posting and tie on to those?) to tie each stick to no idea tbh but i see the effects of over topping ID and am gonna try for 4-5 nice mains on the satori

Thanks Cubby and NE for stopping by. 5 colas on satori is perfect..NE.

Cubby, wish i had a volunteer tomato coming up...Maybe next year.

I am going to go make some tea now...yum

I have seen this big netting at grow shops, what is that for?

SCOG or just use as support for your gardens. I use tomato cages turned upside-down

i am getting worried about the staking.. i don't want to blow it at the end and have all the heavy colas break off. I just wondered if you wrapped your plants in the huge netting stuff. I don't know how that would work.

Thank you Duck.

Yeah it is kinda of late to use netting. But what I would do if needed for next time would be to stretch the netting at just below about where you think your colas would be after the stretch. Or you could just grow smaller buds:laugh:

Thank you WH (rb)

Duck, funny, about smaller colas...this is what i am talking about, do you think they will be ok if i just leave them alone?

This is nurse larry and i have 5 just like her. The others will be ok, i think, these are the reveged..What you you guys do?
DSCF2050.JPG

Do you see how little the stems are?

never tried the full netting mrs rb---seems to me it would be cumbersome to get into the plant if needed to catch a critter---i like full access to the entire plant at all times if possible for any needed maintenance issues---you might consider 4 stakes taller than the plant and around the perimeter of the pot---encircle the stakes with a line essentially making a tomato cage on the top 1/4 of the plant---that gives you access to the lowers for watering etc... and keeps them colas from hitting the ground while allowing them to bend over and rest on the line if they get too heavy---happy trails my dear ;)

Thank you Orange, Mr rb agreed with that when i read him your post... We will get right on that, kidding, but we will get on it sooner than later. Thank you again.

staking individual limbs becomes an exercise in futility as you will eventually need a stake for every bending cola---tell mr rb i'll be bye in an hour to check on his progress :rofl:

fantastic problem to have---sux being you---grow smaller trees next time

I would just BIU and not worry about it.:)

The worst that could happen is they get bent over. As long as the branch does not become completely separated it will still grow towards the sun. You may have some right turn colas but it also opens up the inside producing larger popcorn buds.

if you ever visited your garden and found a cola resting in the dirt because of weight you would (johnny cash) :cry: :cry: :cry:

4 stakes per plant on a handful of plants can be done in no time---i don't believe mrs rb has a 100 plant garden in her back yard???

I just see them splitting and not being able to finish.. I know you can pull them back together, but i want to prevent that and the little stems on the plants.. I think they will break. Ok.... I live your idea Duck, of not worrying, and biu, so i will biu and take oranges advice too... Satori could hold up a building with the trunk on her but not these NLarrys that I topped too many times in veg.

We never quit learning...Thanks guys! Couldn't do any grow that amounted to anything, without all of you.

your fears are well placed rose, that'd be my worry too.
not so much hitting the dirt, but breaking under some added west coast rain weight. (funny, i always thought you were a southerner for some reason, till recently)
i think OS' idea is a good one ;)
lovin the OD? (looks like it's lovin you)
:)

and IMO, i like the 'topped too many times in veg' plants OD.. you may discover single big fat cola's don't bode very well with our weather, and it's nicer having a bunch of decent sized ones with much less rot chance ;)

Thank you Kaotic, I always appreciate you stopping in. I am in the northwest, but in the eastern part of Washington and it is a desert. We do get powdery mildew on roses in the fall though so I will be looking closely for that too.. My gosh, when growing good dank, it is a full time job. I couldn't have done this justice if i worked full time.

I like your comment on not one big cola outside, that makes great sense. Pink moma is still shaped like a christmas tree and i don't worry about her breaking either. I wonder what i could have done better on the nurse larrys to make the stems more stout, they had lots of wind out there, up to 70 miles an hour last week and nothing broke...

Thanks again.

Sometimes it is just generics:bong:

I say have Mr. Rb stand out there and hold them up. LoL. Great looking plants Rose. :)