Rosebuds dirt journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what an average price is buy i paid 25$ for a 5 gal. bucket full. Thats a small local store that gets them from a local farmer. I took into account that i wanted the bucket anyway for a Hempy project.:)

Mutt said:
Top dress with worm castings. no risk of burning and has mainly N. ;)
and it is readily available, does not need a break down period.

Good post Mutt! Also a great source of active bacteria and fungi.

Well I dumped a lot of worm castings on these veging plants and it helped quickly. Here is a pic of the vegging.. 3 medicine woman, 2 satoris, 1 jack, 1 hashberry, a train wreck, and now 2 new plants given to me, a bermese kush and a skywalker og. The two new ones are in coco, can i just put them in soil and they will be ok? I had never seen coco before. DSCF1196.JPG Thank you Mutt for the worm **** idea. ya saved us.

hello rosie! :ccc: nice to see you've made the move to organic. Looks like you've got a nice stable going these days. :hubba:

LORDHIGHLAMA, so good to see you. I missed you. I have always been organic, just never made my own soil mix till now. Since you were gone my grow went south, thus the idea of my own soil, with the good help of the folks around here.

How much lime peeps?

Lemon Jack said:
Nice veg room rose got lots o strains in there :)

Thanks Lemon Jack, some day it will be just satori and med woman and jack, and....lol.I want to grow just a couple and really get stocked up on some, but too many strains, so little time.

Rosebud said:
LORDHIGHLAMA, so good to see you. I missed you. I have always been organic, just never made my own soil mix till now. Since you were gone my grow went south, thus the idea of my own soil, with the good help of the folks around here.

How much lime peeps?

Good call, for some reason I though you had run some ff for a while. I like that compost bin the hubby put together for you. Much better than a swimming pool. :D

Rosebud said:
Thank you kindly...did you know I got some Larry seeds?

Didn't knew. Congrats :aok:

This weekend will start some Satori and Larry beans :hubba:.

lordhighlama said:
Good call, for some reason I though you had run some ff for a while. I like that compost bin the hubby put together for you. Much better than a swimming pool. :D

I used FFOF soil, not nutes. Does that count?
How are you doing?

ArtVandolay said:
Looking real nice, Rose! I think I spotted your pop can fun grow, too :hubba:

Art is here, yes! the pop can grow isn't so much fun really, unless your THG or Hamster, or any of the other gifted growers. Mine just yells at me every time I go in there and says to get her outta the can...

Rose the can was to big need to think micro:)

Your grow is looking nice:)

100_1322.JPG

Happy you got it under control Rosy, Looks fine now. :)

Rosebud said:
How much lime peeps?

Hiya Rose. IMO it depends on the ph of your water. The more acidic your water is, the more the lime reacts, the more calcium and magnesium becomes available.

The ph of my water averages about 8.2. Quite high. Lime reacts more to acid than alkali.

A rule of thumb is 1 tablespoon per gallon of soil. If your water is acidic, add more, up to 2 tablespoons per gallon.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps. :)

pcduck said:
Rose the can was to big need to think micro:)

Your grow is looking nice:)

Duck, that is amazing. and funny. Thank you. That is TINY!

Thanks Hemper, it has been a worry. Thank goodness I have medicine for that. ha. Thanks for stopping in.

BBFan, my water is 6.8. what do you think? Thank you for stopping by and for your help.

BBFan said:
Hiya Rose. IMO it depends on the ph of your water. The more acidic your water is, the more the lime reacts, the more calcium and magnesium becomes available.

The ph of my water averages about 8.2. Quite high. Lime reacts more to acid than alkali.

A rule of thumb is 1 tablespoon per gallon of soil. If your water is acidic, add more, up to 2 tablespoons per gallon.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps. :)

I agree. Mine is 8.2 tap. Think my recipe calculates to be 1.5tb per gal for lime.

Latest posts

Back