San Fernando Valley OG Ebb&FLo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe it happened in 1 night without any signs. I'm freaking losing it here.

Did a Physan 20 treatment at 3ml for 35 gallons with DM zone at 60ml. Let it run for a few hours then switched to chlorinated tap water and pH down. Letting it flush out the p20 and Zone, then I'll go back to Great White, Aquashield, and GH3 only. If it doesn't show improvement in a few days I'm gonna have to scrap the grow...

I've been doing a lot of reading these last few months in this brown slime and I think im finally coming to a conclusion! (at the expense of my sanity and money:()
If using molasses, you have to understand that this is some kind of fast food for bacteria and yeast to multiply rapidly and thus accelerate fermentation. But if you feed in such way, you may multiply unwanted bacteria or yeast as well. That is why the inoculation with EM (effective micro-organism) comes handy here. They tend to become dominant quickly and keep your aero- or anaerobic fermentation clean, - in the same way as a clean yeast in vine fermentation. As soon as the selected fermenting yeast has multiplied and got started, your brew is almost safe from intrusion of unwanted organisms. Also, it's always better to allow to molasses to be completely fermented and transformed, before using any such compost especially in hydroponics.

Compost making and using teas in hydroponics is some kind of new science and there are specific techniques, rules and specs you have to learn and consider here. Here also you have got various and special techniques and it is recommend to go by the book of these, if you have no experience or don't know at all what you are doing.
In basics of aquaponics, you use more like fresh or less fermented manure, composts etc. instead but there you have to use appropriate growing beds that allow good recirculation, aeration and an ideal underground and environment for CONTINUOUS bacterial decomposition.
forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hydro/msg080542205751.html?27

I believe I may have got impatient or forgetful, the last time I fed the tea and only waited 24 hours after the brew, this has most likely resulted in beneficial bacteria not being active yet, and some remnants of this diatom (brown algae) somewhere in my system. It appears that I added sugars to the system before they were consumed in the tea by the bennies and fed the bad stuff.

*also side note, these "brown algae" feed off of silica, guess what hydroton is. So I'm POSITIVE I'm done with hydroton. A few weeks after I started using hydroton in net pots, I had this stuff show up. I thought it was a coincidence. It is feeding off of the nitrates in my GH Grow nutrient and the microscopic silica dust particles coming out of the hydroton during the vegetative stage (but this is only enough to sustain its life cycle). Once it moved to flower and it got the "transition" nutrients along with AN bud blood and Liquid Carb Load, it explodes.

I flushed 2 times to remove the DM zone and Physan. I started a new tea and must wait 36 hours minimum. Even if i see foam. I am going to add 100ppm of Micro and Bloom to the res just so they dont become severely deficient, and am going to starve the algae and reintroduce beneficials as soon as my municipal water has bubbled and been dechlorinated (not using filter right now as its too slow to fill and drain the 40 gal res over and over and over) so im using chlorinated water while im doing the flushing and by the time the tea is ready the chlorine in the res will be gone. We will see over the next few days what the out come for the plants is...and me.

OGK is :( and :mad: and frustrated

Sorry about being a drama queen but I've had it with the slime. It seems my attempts to repair were not in vain. The plants are pickin up again on a h2o2 and 400 ppm micro and bloom only diet while I am waiting for a new batch of tea. They are responding good to the regimine and the plastic cover I made out of strips of plastic. Also dropped the 50$ for the res cover and bumped up the co2 to 1500ppm, raised the humidity. Thy are growing new white roots and are continuing their stretch.

I have to say this is a big improvement from last night lights out when they nearly fell over. Next few days are critical but let's hope to call this a hiccup. A few tan roots and some leaf tip curl seems to be the extent.

Pray for them guys!:)

:peace:

234ebe9f.jpg

967e496b.jpg

OGKushman said:
Anyone? :confused:

:rofl:

:(

OGK .. Im no h20 grower..i wish i had some advice... GREEN MOJO for staying on it and not giving up on these just yet.. the more probs you get in a grow just helps you aquire that much more kowldege about your style of growing/strains.... best of luck turning this one around..

slime makes me think of ecto-plasm from ghostbusters..

Aloha
Squidy

keep going..

BTW, I am totally sympathetic to your stretch situation... if you look at my grow journal, I have some stretch going on in there that make yours look like midgets.. and I don't have 8 foot ceilings..(or even close)

Lookin' good to me homey

Unfortunate you had a problem, but it's good to hear that it's starting to look up! Keep the faith in the ladies and everything will work out right! Also, thanks for the info on the molasses!

Thanks everyone.

Just added some fresh bennies:peace:

You ever think that the root probs are just because of the molasses and trying to run organic and chem at the same time? I dont really see the benefit of the tea added to GH3. I love organic for soil but stick to chem alone for hydro. Im also curious why you foliar fed a couple weeks back? I just run GH Lucas formula in my ebb n flow pH 5.7-5.8 and love the results. Im not hatin or nothing I know you crank some dank bro just throwing my $.02 in.

akhockey said:
You ever think that the root probs are just because of the molasses and trying to run organic and chem at the same time? I dont really see the benefit of the tea added to GH3. I love organic for soil but stick to chem alone for hydro. Im also curious why you foliar fed a couple weeks back? I just run GH Lucas formula in my ebb n flow pH 5.7-5.8 and love the results. Im not hatin or nothing I know you crank some dank bro just throwing my $.02 in.
Let me catch you up:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60523

:D

I add the molasses into my tea brew, not to the res. I feed the bennies, but when you get stoned and forget when you started the brew you may add it too early and end up putting some in the res. :rolleyes:

I started with Distilled water in my tea, and now i check it to make sure there is still under 50ppm before i feed. if there is more then the bennies have not devoured all the sugars. Im really starting to get this crap in check.

I had some brown slime, no doubt about that. It wont die in hydro, only way to kill it would be to kill the plants. So instead you combat it with other good bacteria. It works, just do some searching and youll see. My documented experience with it is enough to keep me running great white and aqua shield until the end of time.:hubba:

I guess Ive just never run into that problem because rather than having problems with my rez temps too high I actually have a fish tank heater to keep mine from being too cold or even freezing at times.

ha! Lucky. Here in sunnyville it's hot hot hot. Almost 90 today.

Over 90 today, switched on the A/C :(

lookin good tho! :D had to squeeze every inch out of the room! The dang stretch!!!

4316232b.jpg

ffa9b59e.jpg

3d72c91a.jpg

I just realized the title of this thread.. I am starting an SFV Kush (genetics from Harborside) grow as well.. I'll throw up pics..

looking at yours (nice'n healthy BTW), I can see stretch could become an issue for someone like me with limited vertical space.. I'm going to scrog it out..

I'll throw up some pics tonight in my grow journal..

Dang it it's hot! Hope everything goes ok today. I'm sure the res is at 75+! I'm going to have to splurge on a water chiller this year. :(

e9f19ed8.jpg

Noticed some clawing and lower leaf yellowing with some necrotic spots...caught it in time tho. I had stopped the CalMag and went to tap water and that was a mistake lol. I suspect me running under 1000ppm to keep the slime in check is whats bringing out the deficiencies.

Now im adding calmag full strength and protekt silica at 2/3 strength. Right away new root growth took off and the new sugar leaves began to grow straight and no claw. So im not to worried...just gonna have to deal with some not so perfect looking leaves. Meh...at least i caught it in time. This last grow i just finished had some major clawing but i got the biggest buds ive ever had lol:D

Pics:

92290620.jpg

9c0c31d8.jpg

Looks like they have filled out nicely.. I'm running the same thing and looking forward to it..

how long are you thinking these will end up taking?

Just about 9 weeks to the day. Thats with ~75% Amber trics.:watchplant:

BUT FREAKIN A MAN!!!:joint: Im vaping some right now from my last crop and holy schnikies!

Very Nice OG! I feed Calmag and Silicate up to the last 2 weeks, they eat it up. Beautiful plants man.

OGKushman said:
Just about 9 weeks to the day. Thats with ~75% Amber trics.:watchplant:

BUT FREAKIN A MAN!!!:joint: Im vaping some right now from my last crop and holy schnikies!

niiice.. sounds good..looks good

Latest posts

Back