See...i Told You All It Was True!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Smiles and sirs are called for.

lol what a joke of a post... waste of virtual data... ooh and by the way buddy... Typing Like This Is Not Cool, You Are Not Getting Your Point Across Any More Then If You Typed Normaly... Just Sayin, its just as bad as cap-lock raging... people just tune out >_<

orangesunshine said:
glad i still got the dumb meter

Me too. I happen to very much like my old, antique, thing of the past "dumb meter". I think all of us should have our very own dumb meter that spins around-oooo-watch the little black thingy go around.
I'm going to go outside and kiss it right now-yeah.

Its interesting how some people call old things "dumb"-I mean how really frikkin smart are they just because they call something old dumb????
Obviously , they are failing to realize that in the total realm of technology and evolution of manufacturing, new things evolve-But are they really smart-or smarter????

Heck I'll smoke one.....

:48:

ODF

well my good friend who is a state police detective says diffrent..and whether you realize it or not..the law can do whatever the hell they want...

My meter looks pretty darn stupid to me. If it looks like its getting any smarter I'll put my tried and true anti-alien aluminum foil hat on it.

mine is dumb too...it just keeps running in circles:rofl:

before they installed these SMart(GPS) meters we had a fella come every month and read the meter..if they was still coming in person I wouldnt be growing in my back yard...the real Bad thing ..IMO..with these meters is it took some peoples jobs

Pay your Bill

tokeup1 said:
well my good friend who is a state police detective says diffrent..and whether you realize it or not..the law can do whatever the hell they want...

Actually, they can't and honest police officers don't. Cases are overturned all the time for cops overstepping their bounds as it should be. Honest police officers follow the law. The rest (little Barney Fifes like your friend) should be ashamed of themselves. Just because they are LEOs does not mean that they can do whatever they want and circumvent the constitution and local laws.

tokeup1 said:

i dont know how it works for you guys down there but up here.... if i got popped i would hope one of them ignored the law and do what they wanted, it just means my lawyer gets me to walk clear and free.

round these parts of CA---don't steal and just pay your bill---there are no red flags for usage---think about how preposterous it sounds---a for profit business (the electric co) turning in one of its own customers because they are spending too much money on their product lmao---also leo is not so bored fighting crime that they illegally monitor electric consumption to find out you are using your jacuzzi too much :giggle: helloooo---might be time to step away from the bong

I've been out of the utility business for about 10 years. I spent 25 years of my career with an electric utility. Maybe 3 or 4 times during those years, LEO showed up with a warrant asking to see electric usage history for someone. That's the only time we gave out private data. LEO suspected someone and asked for utility usage to help make the case. Without reason for suspicion for a warrant, no data was ever released.

The computers did search for odd usage patterns. If you normally used 1000 kWh per month and suddenly went to 5000 kWh, the computer would red flag it. Not to turn you in or anything, but but because it was likely a meter reading error or something. Normally a meter reader would go back out and check the meter reading. If it was correct, the bill went out and nothing was done.

I was glad when I got a smart meter. It meant one less person snooping around my property each month. Just pay your bill and don't give anyone a reason to suspect you. A major utility sends out millions of bills per month. They have no financial incentive to scrutinize all of them.

tokeup1 said:

My friend, please stop trying to prove yourself and just accept that you "warned us all"....if we don't care to listen to you, that's our issue. You did your part, back away and don't fret....

When my bill jumped from $200 to over $1000 monthly, all i heard was pay up or we'll shut you off. When it went to $2000 for a month, they didn't freak and send johnny law, they sent a bill. Now it's back to $500/month and I'm betting they'd rather it be higher.

Can a smart meter tell people that I have a litter of puppies in my gym under the A/C??? If so I hope that means that I will be selling some pups quick...I need the money for grow equipment. ;)

Latest posts

Back