Seedbanks and Breeders, some great, some bad...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The New Girl

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I've had great luck with some seeds and crap with others. I've bought from Nirvana, a sponsor on this site, very disappointed. I got the Blackberry and after 3 days and nothing, no pops. Ya I know, I have to wait...but..I went to Breedbay's auction, where Subcool aka TGA Seeds is at and bought some - just 24 hours after germ started - 9 of 10 popped of the Agent Orange and 7 of 10 on the Querkle.
Marijuana.nl - I had bad luck with on multiple strains, very low germ rates on several strains, though thier Cali Orange was good. I got THSeeds MK Ultra from the Seed Boutique, and 8 of 10 popped - in one day, Blueberry from Hemp Depot (Joey Weed) only 6, but they still looked like good seeds.
I guess my point is you get what you pay for. I would think if MP is going to let a seed site be a sponsor like Nirvana, they should check them out better, just cause they pay for ads doesn't make them a good company. My last order of Orange never got here from Nirvana...never again will I order from them. Oh and the free Mazar - not one cracked...and I use the paper towel, dish-bowl on a heated mat method that never fails me with good seeds. Just because you get the seeds doesn't make them a good seedbank...they have to work. Right now I'm sold on THSeeds, TGA, Joey Weed, any thoughts from others??? Oh, and the closer to the breeder or straight from the breeder seems to be best. I know there's a lot more good breeders out there, just haven't tried them all...Greenhouse is good too... I'm skeptic about discount seed companies selling $100 seeds for $35, something wrong there. Just my thoughts and experiences I felt venting about, and darn that Blackberry looked good...:p

They guarantee you that you will get your order, they only work with the best twenty or so breeders, and I have been more than satisfied with results and germ rates. Buy any # of seeds, not just 10 packs. Very reliable. I was looking at the Blackberry ad myself, but anything that overly purple is going to have lower THC rates. One breeder I am surprised I don't hear discussed more is Barney's Farm. They have some great strains and are always in the running at the cannabis cup. They don't produce a ton of strains but I think what they do have is very solid. I am growing their red diesel and I like it a lot. I really want to try their G13 Haze and their Violator Kush looks absolutely ridiculously good.
hXXp://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/

wow, that red deisel looks pretty gnarly.. got any pics of yours? (or a journal?)

kaotik said:
wow, that red deisel looks pretty gnarly.. got any pics of yours? (or a journal?)

I have a mother in Veg right now but nothing flowering. I started a journal where I was trying to grow one of the Red Diesel's upside down in a Topsy Turvy planter as an experiment, but it showed male yesterday. I will have some coming along eventually, right now I have a very pretty NYC Diesel female that I am flowering which is my baby. If she finishes as well as she has started her clones will be in my garden for a long time. I also have another NYC Diesel and a Jack Herer in flower but I am not a big fan of the phenos so I am trying to hit on another set of seeds. Their fan leaves are ridiculously large. They were grown from seed and are just being grown out but not cloned. The NYC Diesel I have going right now though just looks amazing. She is a very dark green glossy color, looks almost like a wax plant.

One other side note about seed banks. Although I have only used the one above and I have been VERY happy with them, I almost went with hXXttp://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/ but I did not and I NEVER will. I went onto their website and looked at some strains, I selected a couple and then went to pay for them. On their homepage you can see at the top it shows the little icons for their mothods of payment. One of the icons is Discover card. So I spent some time on their site, selected my beans, and went to pay...but they don't have a Discover card payment option. I sent them an email. Two days later they replied telling me they don't take Discover. I replied asking them why they have the logo on their homepage...they never responded. I will never buy from them and I wold never buy from someone or some company that is too lazy to even keep their website up to date. I was a potential customer trying to give them money and they treated me like SH--.

Latest posts

Back