Seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
These appear to be healthy. Only 5 days since they broke ground. One is a runt

Attachments

• 7BD7159E-8F60-4964-B205-146E0E22849A.jpeg
    7BD7159E-8F60-4964-B205-146E0E22849A.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Looking good. Next time plant them deeper in the pot so when they stretch you can fill them in with soil and you wont' need to support them and keep them from falling over.
You really think I will have to support them? I got two oscillating fans hammering them enough to move them visibly and they just shiver and pop back in place. We will see

Also note the "grow dots"

Just trying to help. I also wouldn't have a fan hitting those starts directly. Indirect is better. Just trying to help.
Didn’t mean to sound ungrateful. Learning a lot here and yes it’s blowing above. After what you said I made sure I had some chopsticks to stake them just in case.

Just a hint...next time only fill your pot up a little over half way and as your plant grows fill in your medium around them as they grow. Your plant will have a stronger healthier main stem if you do.

Just a hint...next time only fill your pot up a little over half way and as your plant grows fill in your medium around them as they grow. Your plant will have a stronger healthier main stem if you do.
That’s only a 4 inch pot not a solo cup like you may believe. It just looks like a solo cup. When I transplant it I can sink it another 2 inches to make the stem form more roots or that’s the plan

Oh, I was thinking 1gal pots. New from seed grow fast and the stem can get top heavy and fall over. Clones however have a tendency to sit for some time. Use your 4" pots for clones and from seed something bigger with to grow.

Oh, I was thinking 1gal pots. New from seed grow fast and the stem can get top heavy and fall over. Clones however have a tendency to sit for some time. Use your 4" pots for clones and from seed something bigger with to grow.
Good advice but this is all part of my experiment. This is awesome developing a can’t miss system. Just hoping it works the way I see it in my head. If not big deal I will do it the hard way

May want to turn it up or lower it a bit if you see any stretching. You don’t have any room for stretching. What Pute said about planting them deeper in the cup is a good idea and you can cover the stretched stem with soil if it happens and if it doesn’t, you’re still ok. This also makes your plant stronger and less of a chance to have to stake or prop it up at such a young age. Just keep that idea in your toolbox for next time if you do happen get stretching.
good luck with your grow I’ll be watching. Your babies look nice and healthy. ✌️

May want to turn it up or lower it a bit if you see any stretching. You don’t have any room for stretching. What Pute said about planting them deeper in the cup is a good idea and you can cover the stretched stem with soil if it happens and if it doesn’t, you’re still ok. This also makes your plant stronger and less of a chance to have to stake or prop it up at such a young age. Just keep that idea in your toolbox for next time if you do happen get stretching.
good luck with your grow I’ll be watching. Your babies look nice and healthy. ✌️
Thanks. I wasn’t sure if this is considered stretch or was normal which is why I posted the picture. I am only doing it this way because they are photos if they were autos I would just start them in the dirt. But these really aren’t solo cups but rather short 4 inch pots. I need that size for my experiment. I want to see if I can grow until the 5th set of leaves before transplanting from a standard 4 inch planting cup.

Oh and thanks dropped the light 4 inches. Will continue with that until I either hit 24 inches or where my hand is sunlight warm

Last edited:
Just so you are having fun. Between here and my plants I somehow keep my sanity.
Oh yeah. This is tons of fun. I thought about how you have ports open or closed on your tent due to your operation at that stage so I closed my top ports and just have the bottom open where air hits the seedlings. Then I ran the tent for an hour to check levels so I would know how to set the exhaust fan to kick.

Don’t think I wasn’t listening. I woke up with the 6 million dollar song playing in my head and …. then…..this happened. Now they are deeper because of what you said I watched them closer and one started shifting like the leaning tower

Don’t want to transplant yet also I think some of those YouTubers might be cheating for better on camera results

Attachments

• 1D34C240-CBEE-47E2-9253-566C1A6FA11F.jpeg
    1D34C240-CBEE-47E2-9253-566C1A6FA11F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Don’t think I wasn’t listening. I woke up with the 6 million dollar song playing in my head and …. then…..this happened. Now they are deeper because of what you said I watched them closer and one started shifting like the leaning tower

Don’t want to transplant yet also I think some of those YouTubers might be cheating for better on camera results
Never seen it done that way but it should work. I would let the roots fill up that double cup thingy before transplanting tho. Also if you haven’t lowered your lights or turn them up, you may want to if they stretch anymore.

Latest posts

Back